Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 10:10 AM

1,336 posts, read 927,972 times

Advertisements

Online is definitely the way to go.

calguns for stuff escaping the Western Occupied Zone, snipershide for accuracy platforms.
There are forums for ARs/AKs, etc...

My two cents, forget the AR. You simply can't beat the AK for durability, and the accuracy is surprising for such a janky platform! I have not found an ammo that my AK action jams on, meanwhile my AR has jammed several times, especially on steel lacquered cases, and I have the quality Colt platforms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 08:57 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
I come from the Eastern Occupied Zone.... So I get the desire for the AR type rifles.

However, I kind of like the "crossroads show", for the more mundane items...

Old Smith and Wesson revolvers, finding difficult to locate magazines and parts. Browning rifles and pistols. etc..

One of the problems i see with the industry in general is that there is a bewildering number of manufacturers making basically the same items. AR rifles and 1911 pistols.

How do you know which one is worth the money.

Consider..... off the top of my head in the amount of time it takes to type this...

AR's are currently or recently been manufactured by..... Colt, Bushmaster, Windham Armory, Armalite, Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Rock River, Daniels Defense, Fulton, Brownells, Remington... I know there is more, but this is simply off the top of my head...

The worst part is, those I have named are largely producing virtually identical products.

Who is good... Who is bad... Who's to tell.... The market is way too crowded.

There are so many different manufacturers but don't get caught up in thinking you need to spend a fortune to get a good AR. Unless you're shooting competitively there are many good AR's in the $500-$600 range,spend your money on a good optics!

Take a look at Palmetto State Armory,they have a lot of good AR's at very reasonable prices with a lifetime guarantee. They start at around $500 complete with free shipping or you can buy one of their build kits and just add the lower for around $350 complete. There are many videos on YouTube and Vimeo on how to build them and you only need a few basic hand tools. I bought one complete and the rest I've built in different configurations including several pistol AR's in both 5.56 and 9mm. I've had zero issues shooting Wolf steel cased ammo through them besides being a little dirtier but I clean my guns after each use.

https://palmettostatearmory.com

Old 05-05-2019, 11:41 AM

1,336 posts, read 927,972 times
Interesting. I have a Colt M4 AR, and it jams up pretty quick on Wolf steel case ammo. The lacquer on the steel case seems to melt as the chamber gets heated, causing the case to stick and fail to eject.

Old 05-05-2019, 02:33 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Interesting. I have a Colt M4 AR, and it jams up pretty quick on Wolf steel case ammo. The lacquer on the steel case seems to melt as the chamber gets heated, causing the case to stick and fail to eject.
I've heard that some are more finicky than others but I've put well over 1200 rounds through mine with no complaints. I know there's a few different lines from Wolf, here's the one I use.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf...mj-p-1480.aspx

Old 05-06-2019, 10:26 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Lots of shops around Chandler. C2 is our favorite indoor range and they have a pretty good selection. Check out Guns ETC. as well, they have a ton of options on their website all shipped to store.

Have you checked out the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club? They host quite a few different flavors of competitions and regular classes.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:39 PM

13,260 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Gun shows have been in decline against online retail much like rest of retail. When you compare to 1990's when gun shows were best place to get deals on parts, and accessory's. Small business people drove the gun show circuit they could sell cheap without much overhead. Today website and mail order business cost is minimum and no need to travel. The only difference is here in Arizona you can buy private party, but there is always a risk being stolen I think the risk is low.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:07 PM

23 posts, read 17,781 times
Join The Fal files for good deals on FALs. I liked Guns Plus in Surprise owned by Ken Senft, or AJ's in the East Valley owned by Jeff Serdy.

Wolf is about the worst .223 ammo you can shoot, it is corrosive even thought it states non-corrosive, and is filthy dirty.

Is AZ spirit Arms still in business? I bought a lower and a flattop upper there years ago, and that upper was super accurate up to and including 1000 yards with the 75 & 80 grain Amax.

The new CETMES are actually very good and accurate rifles.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:33 PM

43 posts, read 44,202 times
+1 on Windham Weaponry. I have the SRC model, got it for 499.00 new. Comes with a plastic case, foam lined. No issues, in the 2 years I have owned it, shoots everything I have run through it.

I wanted to change a few things on my SRC, sent WW an email, they said if you buy the parts from us, we will install them free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area