Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 11:10 AM

4 posts, read 3,435 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'm getting transfer from work to Phoenix zip code 85043,
I would like to find a good city free of racism, multicultural, we want to find a quiet, familiar and friendly neighborhood not too far form work.

Any advance will be fully appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 03:05 PM

277 posts, read 276,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_chris View Post
Hello all,

I'm getting transfer from work to Phoenix zip code 85043,
I would like to find a good city free of racism, multicultural, we want to find a quiet, familiar and friendly neighborhood not too far form work.

Any advance will be fully appreciate.
Seriously what is the deal with California people? I don’t think about “racism” ever, is racism really that common in California that you know of areas where it’s not a problem? What is going on over there??

Well anyway I have no idea where you are working but that zip code is the west valley and generally more blue collar than the east valley, IMO California’s would prefer the west valley or central Phoenix but if your willing to drop the pretense and learn to enjoy a more working class and conservative are than 85043 could be great .

Old 01-24-2019, 03:25 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Seriously what is the deal with California people? I don’t think about “racism” ever, is racism really that common in California that you know of areas where it’s not a problem? What is going on over there??
My Chinese co-workers in Silicon Valley insisted there is racism. Obviously I'm not sensitive to it because I'm not Chinese.

An example cited by one co-worker was that while he was trying to get some software up and running, the vendor rep sent him a password: "potsticker"

Old 01-24-2019, 03:45 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,873 times
Hmmmmmm, first and only post from OP, hmmmmmmm.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:14 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,790 times
I truly hope this California crap does not infect AZ, because that's why I am escaping California. How can Chinese workers in SV experience racism, when in many SV communities they are the majority, and speak around you in only their language ?

No, racism was not a thing ever discussed in California in the 80s and 90s, when all of us got along like friends, and then some angry progressive movement took hold, and the place is gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Then it became a self fulfilling prophecy where all the races started pointing fingers at each other.

Like I said in another thread, I get it if you Arizona natives don't want California kooks to come and mess up your fine state.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:21 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,909,230 times
Quote:

Well anyway I have no idea where you are working but that zip code is the west valley and generally more blue collar than the east valley, IMO California’s would prefer the west valley or central Phoenix but if your willing to drop the pretense and learn to enjoy a more working class and conservative are than 85043 could be great .
Just curious, but are you white?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:39 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,790 times
Just curious, why does race matter ?

Old 01-24-2019, 07:31 PM

656 posts, read 812,944 times
If you are moving to Glendale, head to Ronnie's for breakfast, an old haunt. Meet the community, young and old.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:07 PM

268 posts, read 216,232 times
Its racism everywhere including Arizona...Id say look for the positive in that community and get to know the neighbors and enjoy life with those that are positive. Welcome to AZ!

Old 01-24-2019, 08:46 PM

19 posts, read 15,040 times
Quote:
Ugh. CA is the most backwards racist place ever but one place it does excel is hypocrisy.

Try to imagine that all you are fed from politicians and the media is how racist your neighbor to the southeast is because of how they enforce immigration. So if you're getting ready to move and you're anxious about the daily cross burnings on every corner and posses of white people on horses carrying "assault weapons" with "high capacity magazines". Sheriff Joe is rounding up all the brown people to throw them into concentration camps wearing pink jump suits.

I'm (kinda) being facetious here. We really do hear this type of rhetoric quite frequently. Ex. Moonbeam called AZ a "giant backdoor for terrorism". I apologize for turning this into a political issue, I'm sure the OP is a nice fellow just looking for relocation advice.

Background: I'm a malcontent Californian waiting to escape this hellhole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area