Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM

71 posts, read 210,979 times

Advertisements

How are the schools in particular? Looking to interview with this district. What is the town like? Affordable housing? I did hear the I-10 can be a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 PM

132 posts, read 592,985 times
We live in Buckeye. If you are going to work in Phoenix I will suggest moving closer. Rapid Growth has caused congestion on I-10. I love living here - only draw back far from "civilization" - Sundance Town Center is gaining ground but the nearest hospital is in Litchfield Park.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:12 PM

I would work in Buckeye School District. What are the schools like? Anyone?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times
I hear the schools are mediocre. We dont' ahve kids but my husband's co-worker who moved here the same time we did (Jan '07) have "gifted" (everybody's kid is gifted, right?) children and they were frustrated with their elementary school. From what I heard, when the parents asked the teacher about accelerated programs, the teacher responded with something like, "Hey, your kid's passing, what else do you want from us?" Not exactly an environment conducive to learning if you ask me.

When I drive home during after school times, I never see any of the kids with backpacks or books. Just something I noticed.

Also, Buckeye is very new, so are a lot of the schools. Just something to note.

I think Verrado has better schools but again, we don't have kids. This is just what I hear. Everybody we know wants to buy a house there.

Yes, living in Buckeye is like living out in the boonies. It's so friggin' far from everything. Yeah, there's the whole Sundance Square place or whatever but I can only eat fast food so many times and I'm tired of goin to Cracker Barrel!

Honestly, we will not be buying a home in Buckeye. We're looking to buy next year and will be looking into the Goodyear/Litchfield Park area. Or Verrado.

The traffic does suck and they are widening the roads now so it's a nightmare. I'm sure it'll be better though once ti's done ... who knows when that will be!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:47 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,528 times
We moved to Buckeye from N Phoenix 7 months ago and love it. We are in a master planned com - Tartesso. We absolutely love it. It is a great place to live. It is very quiet. We are happy to be out of town. Every kind of store is in the west valley and a drive to Goodyear or Avondale is not really that far. I lived 10 miles outside Boston and had to drive 20 - 30 miles to do any shopping other than for food so driving to the shopping areas along I-10 is no big deal to me. For some reason people here want every big box kind of store right around the corner. To us the peace and quiet - and stars at night - are worth the extra drive. Sorry we do not have kids so I cannot speak to the school systems. Try looking at the West Valley View on line. There have been alot of articles on the schools. Verrado is a nice MPC in Buckeye as well although we did not care for the small lots there and the houses were way over priced for what you get. IMO.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:16 PM

132 posts, read 592,985 times
FOMA is correct about schools here in Buckeye. I heard they are bad but my son goes to Bales. he might be moving to the new school or the one in Wespark. Just too many children and like I said city can't keep up with all these popluation growth. we love living here but might consider moving to Goodyear or Avondale because I work in Phoenix. I'm dealing with TRAFFIC every day.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtaya2 View Post
FOMA is correct about schools here in Buckeye. I heard they are bad but my son goes to Bales. he might be moving to the new school or the one in Wespark. Just too many children and like I said city can't keep up with all these popluation growth. we love living here but might consider moving to Goodyear or Avondale because I work in Phoenix. I'm dealing with TRAFFIC every day.
And the traffic is gettin worse because of construction!! I know we need to all suffer through it so lanes can be added but I'm still gonna complain!!

Yeah, the school that DH's coworker was referring to was a new one ... I think it's off of Southern between Miller and Watson. Somewhere around there.

You are right about growth. It doesn't seem like they are preparing very well. DH made a good point that they need to get out of the "small town" mode and start thinking big. Maybe we just aren't seeing it yet and the developers are keeping up. *shrug*

Old 04-13-2008, 09:41 AM

I have an opportunity to interview with this district. Just not sure if I wanna put my two kids in the district. KWIM? How far is Peoria from Buckeye? Could I commute to Buckeye and live in Peoria without a nightmare commute? I have NEVER worked further than 10 miles from my jobs for the past 26 years. I prefer not to commute far but I will if I need to.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 PM

You will be driving against traffic but that doesn't say much right now. As posted before, they are widening the lanes on I-10 so when there's traffic, THERE'S TRAFFIC.

Also, I drive to ASU West 2X/week which is just south of Peoria and the commute is 45MIN - at least - and that's without traffic. If you are not used to it, I woudln't live in Peoria and commute to Buckeye everyday. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:32 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
If you're going to be working in Buckeye, I'd consider looking for a residence closer than Peoria, like Litchfield or better yet in Buckeye. The commute will be a nightmare for the next 3-5 years as everything is growing and progressing with major construction between Peoria and Buckeye.
ASU West is east of Peoria proper(downtown) 4-5 miles, and SE of far out No Peoria 10 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area