Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 05:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times

Advertisements

here's an inexpensive one that works for sure..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 07:01 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,057,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
here's an inexpensive one that works for sure..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
How would that thing save any $$?

Old 08-04-2019, 07:04 PM

I thought he was looking for an inexpensive device that accurately reads temps and humidity, and this one works well..

I might have mis understood what he was asking..

Old 08-04-2019, 11:23 PM

1,336 posts, read 931,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I thought he was looking for an inexpensive device that accurately reads temps and humidity, and this one works well..

I might have mis understood what he was asking..
You understood correctly... was just wanting to see how to accurately measure atmo conditions locally.

It's a bit of a challenge to find a good spot to mount an external thermometer sensor.
My current sensor is in the shade, but attached to some vertical metal that may be conducting heat to the sensor packaging.

My current made in China sensor says my indoor humidity is low 30s%. Does that make sense to you valley dwellers of long time?

Old 08-05-2019, 05:05 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,981,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Hal, sure, but how do we know the cheap ones are correct? I guess I'll buy three different brands and see how they agree.
How do you know the expensive ones are correct? You can take it outside and see how it matches up with the weather sites. It ain't rocket science. But regarding comments about humidity and ac... It is surprising how much they work when it is humid.. April is the hottest and dryest month here, and now it is more like Miami.. 86 instead of 106..but only using 10% less electric, and also run it on 78.8 instead of 80.6 to keep the humidity down. Currently 41% in my condo, and kind of steamy outside after an afternoon storm. I read for comfort 30-60 % is right for humidity, but asthma sufferers need it less than 50. Just paid July electric.. 47.50 usd.. Carrier delivers.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
You understood correctly... was just wanting to see how to accurately measure atmo conditions locally.

It's a bit of a challenge to find a good spot to mount an external thermometer sensor.
My current sensor is in the shade, but attached to some vertical metal that may be conducting heat to the sensor packaging.

My current made in China sensor says my indoor humidity is low 30s%. Does that make sense to you valley dwellers of long time?
30-35% is my typical indoor humidity too..

Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
How do you know the expensive ones are correct? You can take it outside and see how it matches up with the weather sites. It ain't rocket science. But regarding comments about humidity and ac... It is surprising how much they work when it is humid.. April is the hottest and dryest month here, and now it is more like Miami.. 86 instead of 106..but only using 10% less electric, and also run it on 78.8 instead of 80.6 to keep the humidity down. Currently 41% in my condo, and kind of steamy outside after an afternoon storm. I read for comfort 30-60 % is right for humidity, but asthma sufferers need it less than 50. Just paid July electric.. 47.50 usd.. Carrier delivers.
Wrong--April is not the hottest month in Phoenix. Who the told you that?

Old 08-05-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Wrong--April is not the hottest month in Phoenix. Who the told you that?
Did I say Phoenix, Doug...read the thread before jumping to conclusions. I only owned five homes, in three different Arizona counties...don't yell at the choir.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Did I say Phoenix, Doug...read the thread before jumping to conclusions. I only owned five homes, in three different Arizona counties...don't yell at the choir.
I don't understand why people don't disclose their location below their screen name. Who are they hiding from?

At any rate, I doubt ANY county in AZ has its hottest month in April. Come on....

Old 08-05-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
I don't understand why people don't disclose their location below their screen name. Who are they hiding from?

At any rate, I doubt ANY county in AZ has its hottest month in April. Come on....
Maybe people should show their education level instead
April is hot near the Equator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area