Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 04:56 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,561 times

Advertisements

I'd love for Taco John's to expand in AZ, they're better than Taco Bell in my opinion and that's not saying much for a chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2019, 06:52 AM

363 posts, read 443,428 times
Taco John's is outstanding!

I guess the IQ test has added the question "How long did you wait in line for food?" on the test.... Nope, probably not....

People want to be part of the WC party...... It was fun.... Is this more STUPID than tailgating in a parking lot for hours on end in sub zero temps for a football game 99% of the world does not even know is going on????

Are people stupid if they slept in a tent to get a free TV or tickets to their favorite show?

Uh oh.... get ready.... are you STUPID if you waited hours for a new IPHONE???????????????????????????????? Lots of doctors, lawyers and CEOs did this multiple times!!!!!

Old 11-29-2019, 06:58 AM

So, no I do not agree to disagree.

The world is full of judgmental people trying to shame people for doing something they like.... which is hurting no one else.

If they enjoy waiting in a crowd with other WC fans, why do you have to insult them?

They are hurting no one. This is their activity which is relieving stress and bringing them more enjoyment for their day. They had fun with other people and enjoyed sharing their experience with even more people....

Or is this only ok for activities you enjoy? Must everyone check with you before they participate in an event to make sure it is acceptable????

Please list the activities we need to do to be smart?

Can I watch a wrestling show? Or is baseball more smart?? Must I go to classical music concerts to be smart, or can I go to a 90s rock show? I don't want to be stupid.......

People of earth. If it is hurting no one else, do whatever you want and share....... Enjoy yourselves to the fullest!!!

Old 11-29-2019, 08:09 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
It’s funny Taco Johns gets mentioned. Tucson used to have one at DMAFB but it closed. I think Flagstaff had one too

Old 11-29-2019, 11:26 AM

9,747 posts, read 11,171,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolish1 View Post
Taco John's is outstanding!
Question. In your book, is Motel 6 an OUTSTANDING chain as well?
Quote:

I guess the IQ test has added the question "How long did you wait in line for food?" on the test.... Nope, probably not....
There are all kinds of intelligence. Waiting in line for an hour for fast food should seem odd. I don't go to tailgate parties nor do I wait in line for phones. I think them as less crazy. YMMV.

Oh.. I have a right to judge. In fact, you are judging me for judging people.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:59 PM

Please share your interests.... I am sure someone would like to let you know what they think of people who do these items....

Old 11-29-2019, 05:15 PM

266 posts, read 259,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Fitness for consumption and culinary appeal is directly proportional to one's blood-alcohol level.
How true.

Old 11-30-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Please share your interests.... I am sure someone would like to let you know what they think of people who do these items....
Touch'e. I'll give you one. Evidently, I like to post on forums. That's pretty easy to poke holes in. Why would someone bother to waste their time and talk with people they have never met (or will meet)?? Often, people debate about topics that are semi-meaningless. So people can easily considering this activity a gigantic waste of time!

Or it could be said that a given poster wants to give back for sharing their knowledge about an area via a website. After all, I took lots of data from... City-Data. Additionally, posters may post to enjoy the banter of discussing topics anonymously. Therefore, it serves as a form of entertainment.

I can go on. Like watching football all day (I don't get it).

doolish1. I get your point. I was somewhat thick-headed for applying my standards to someone else. You did a great job debating this and I will rep you accordingly. That said, I never cared that that people waiting in line or if they thought the burger tasted good. Rather, I shook my head a little and thought it was silly. Because the "pot of gold" was going to be underwhelming. My post to you really was about reacting to ALL OF YOUR CAP's. lol

Anyways, I enjoyed the conversation. Or should I have enjoyed it especially with a stranger that I've never met??

Old 11-30-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It’s funny Taco Johns gets mentioned. Tucson used to have one at DMAFB but it closed. I think Flagstaff had one too
They closed in AZ? Why? Their synthetic yellow cheese poured over their nachos hit the spot every so often. Taco John's are still thriving in Midwest; home the Scandinavian taco connoisseur. After all, Taco John's are heavily located in MN, SD, NE, IA, WI! Trivia: most people don't know that the taco was invented in Sweden (where it is illegal to have spices other than salt and pepper). Therefore, us Midwesterner's know what a good street taco tastes like.... And its Taco Johns! lol

Back on topic. I suspect the catalyst for the long lines at the Scottsdale WC started by the nostalgia of WC from transplants. It triggers emotions from back home. And all of us tend to forget the pain and more easily remember the good times. Kind of like tasting grandma's recipes.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:51 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

They were here in Phoenix as well, long ago. I don't know how many locations, but there was one right along I-17, around Bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area