Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 09:57 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times

Advertisements

Doesn't the Scottsdale location have beer on tap? You can do both the requisite drinking and load up on sliders at the same time!

Personally...I think they are disgusting but...to each their own. After drinking habits in AZ was always hitting up Filliberto's or Taco Bell. Or Denny's if you were in Old Town Scottsdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 07:54 AM

872 posts, read 999,139 times
It's just a novelty right? Is it actually good? I am not from the midwest so I don't get it

Old 11-22-2019, 08:27 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,244 times
I dont think I would call it a novelty, its a place that started out as a 15 cent cheap burger, targeted to people who couldnt afford real burgers, and evolved into a sort of "cult" favorite, especially for those drunk/buzzed/folks who needed to eat something quickly late at night; its ok to try it and decide for your self, but its basically a soggy, onion liquid soaked mush burger that, for some reason, people continue to eat..
I'm sure they arent 15 cents anymore; as a matter of fact, I'm sure they have jacked the prices up to the moon to make the people in Scottsdale who never ate this sewage before, think its something "special"..

If you need a good stomach clean out, this is like "Draino" for your stomach..

Old 11-22-2019, 10:21 AM

720 posts, read 733,907 times
We used to call them Murder Burgers in NJ growing up - while standing on line for 45 minutes a week or so ago ran into someone from Indiana who used to call them rectum rockets; another called them belly bombers - got the 30 pack and it stayed in my fridge for 5+ days not very good or as we remember maybe our taste buds changed or maybe the lukewarmness and dried out paper burger and loads of onions/pickles were too much for us to bear - bleckh - but it's a 24hour store so I imagine it'll be popular with the younger crowd.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:58 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,982 times
Went to the new Scottsdale location tonight, my curiosity is now killing me.

btw, yes they do serve several beers on tap.

Place was mobbed, foot line out the door, long line of cars, that the staff says get 5x longer on the weekends.

It's 5 hours later, I took two tums, and I am still feeling queasy. The burgers are slimy mincemeat balls laden with stomach upsetting onions.

Also the staff there still doesn't yet look organized. Tons of people behind the counter looking bewildered at computer displays trying to figure out just the hell is going on.

If you haven't been, consider yourself healthier and more fortunate.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:29 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,909,408 times
Where I grew up if you ate white castle sober you were considered a mental deviant. People waiting in line for hours for a mediocre at best fast food burger just shows how far we've fallen lol.

Old 11-28-2019, 04:40 PM

363 posts, read 442,813 times
So much negativity. SO MUCH JUDGEMENT! I AM BETTER THAN YOU! I DONT EAT WC... This does not make you better.... it just makes you judgmental. Let the people enjoy their WC..... It doesnt hurt you one bit. Hater trolls.

Its not about if you think it is good. It is WHITE CASTLE..... That's it! How many great nights ended at WHITE CASTLE??? What great friends were there with you??????????

It's not Culvers and In n out??? who cares! You don't go there because its gourmet food! You go because it is open and you are drunk..... It is the poor man's diner.......

It is white castle.......... Go get a sack and remember when everything was new and the times were great.............and make a castle out of the boxes when you are your friends are done eating.

Old 11-28-2019, 07:32 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,366 times
For those who do not know the place. The breakfast sandwiches are actual pretty good. Also the fish and chicken taste good and the french fries. I never get the sliders.

Interesting fact. White Castle and Pizza hut started in the same town. You never guess the town.....

Old 11-28-2019, 08:23 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,982,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
For those who do not know the place. The breakfast sandwiches are actual pretty good. Also the fish and chicken taste good and the french fries. I never get the sliders.

Interesting fact. White Castle and Pizza hut started in the same town. You never guess the town.....
Wichita, KS. I know a bit about White Castle history but had no clue Pizza Hut was also from Wichita. They're batting .500 with their restaurants. Not too shabby.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:59 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolish1 View Post
So much negativity. SO MUCH JUDGEMENT! I AM BETTER THAN YOU! I DONT EAT WC... This does not make you better.... it just makes you judgmental. Let the people enjoy their WC..... It doesnt hurt you one bit. Hater trolls.

Its not about if you think it is good. It is WHITE CASTLE..... That's it! How many great nights ended at WHITE CASTLE??? What great friends were there with you??????????
You are missing the point. People are (cap locks on to shout back) SHOCKED with TRUE DISBELIEF that PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY WAITING IN LINE. Therefore, THEY ARE QUESTIONING THEIR BRAIN POWER for FALLING FOR GROUP THINK. Once in a blue moon, I enjoy those WC..... But you SHOULD BE SHOCKED if I decided to WAIT IN LINE FOR AN HOUR for WHITE CASTLES.....

Let's say Taco John's came to Arizona https://locations.tacojohns.com/index.html . Hint: it's an o.k. tasting Taco Bell-like chain taco. Wouldn't you think it is strange that week after week, people waited in an hour line for a silly Taco John's taco? You should question their intelligence and motivation. It's not a matter of simply enjoying it, rather they are people wanting to be part of something to say that they experienced an event. So for me, it's not about the burgers, it's about the mentality of people waiting in line for a slider.

I guess WE NEED TO AGREE TO DISAGREE. lol

Here is a video of the lines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmv2eBonv0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area