Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 09:04 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
LOL "did I design it?" That's funny. Did you look at the photos? It's been renovated.
Not recently or the maybe they were going for the 90s look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 10:19 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,291,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
People are going to smell blood and lowball their properties. I would as they have an open wound.
Low-ball offers won't work in this market as long as the house is exposed to the market (MLS) whether the seller is under duress or not. Maybe if an institutional investor made a cash quick bulk sale type offer but not for individuals.

Old 11-03-2021, 11:59 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Low-ball offers won't work in this market as long as the house is exposed to the market (MLS) whether the seller is under duress or not. Maybe if an institutional investor made a cash quick bulk sale type offer but not for individuals.
Bad choice of words "low-ball" on my part. I meant to say offer under the market. They could be motivated to clean things up fast and not have it linger. Plus, we all know that when you price something wrong, it can cost you more than pricing it correctly out of the gate. As in, it goes for under market because you the house lingers. I did lowball the buyer in my current AZ home. They tried the typical formula: the price of what they paid for it plus what they put into it plus the RE fees. As in, they wanted to break even and forgot they were competing against some new builds. And the seller had 3 homes and simply refused to budge for over a year. They refuse to stage it or take offers higher than mine. So I went to the listing agent to feel their temp. And like normally happens, the greedy listing agent convinces the seller that their house isn't worth as much. Because of all of those mortgage forbearance homes that were supposedly about to be released and change the market! In reality, the agent loved those double commissions. I digress..

Let's see what happens with these Zillow listings. My bag of popcorn is ready!

Old 11-03-2021, 12:52 PM

13,888 posts, read 8,086,228 times
Because I own a number of properties I am bombarded daily... and I mean everyday with calls/text asking if I am interested in selling. (I never pick up the phone/respond to text messages but they keep coming despite being blocked.)

Earlier this year I made the mistake of following up with one of those calls. I wasn't planning to sell but was curious what I would be offered.

After speaking with the person in charge I was emailed a purchase agreement. They would take the house "as is" and I could pick up a check for 87k the next day.. (Zillow/Redfin est. around $340k.)

All such buyers need is one. One person who for whatever the reason needs cash right away.

Old 11-03-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Bad choice of words "low-ball" on my part. I meant to say offer under the market. They could be motivated to clean things up fast and not have it linger. Plus, we all know that when you price something wrong, it can cost you more than pricing it correctly out of the gate. As in, it goes for under market because you the house lingers. I did lowball the buyer in my current AZ home. They tried the typical formula: the price of what they paid for it plus what they put into it plus the RE fees. As in, they wanted to break even and forgot they were competing against some new builds. And the seller had 3 homes and simply refused to budge for over a year. They refuse to stage it or take offers higher than mine. So I went to the listing agent to feel their temp. And like normally happens, the greedy listing agent convinces the seller that their house isn't worth as much. Because of all of those mortgage forbearance homes that were supposedly about to be released and change the market! In reality, the agent loved those double commissions. I digress..

Let's see what happens with these Zillow listings. My bag of popcorn is ready!
If they are exposed to the open market, it would be hard to get a below market offer accepted the way the market is now because there would be more than one person interested in each property. Now if this was a normal market, your scenario would be possible.

Old 11-03-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Because I own a number of properties I am bombarded daily... and I mean everyday with calls/text asking if I am interested in selling. (I never pick up the phone/respond to text messages but they keep coming despite being blocked.)

Earlier this year I made the mistake of following up with one of those calls. I wasn't planning to sell but was curious what I would be offered.

After speaking with the person in charge I was emailed a purchase agreement. They would take the house "as is" and I could pick up a check for 87k the next day.. (Zillow/Redfin est. around $340k.)

All such buyers need is one. One person who for whatever the reason needs cash right away.
I get at least 5 texts a week. I simply block the number then another one pops up the next day.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:09 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
If they are exposed to the open market, it would be hard to get a below market offer accepted the way the market is now because there would be more than one person interested in each property. Now if this was a normal market, your scenario would be possible.
You might be right. I'm guessing now that they tripped on their ding dong and it is all over the press, at least a certain percentage of people (agents) are going to view the seller as somewhat hurt. I'm not sure how to qualify that statement. Personally, my best offer (Nov. 2021) would be lower now. But maybe I'm not typical. That all might change come January when the typical buying season kicks into gear.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:05 PM

140 posts, read 318,340 times
Maybe I missed an earlier post but Zillow just announced they are out of the home buying business.

Coincidentally their stock prices took a dive today.

Ron

Old 11-03-2021, 03:13 PM

657 posts, read 1,338,962 times
These companies that are buying up homes are contributing to over inflated home values.

Old 11-03-2021, 08:32 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,838,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
These companies that are buying up homes are contributing to over inflated home values.
That and because now Zillow is trying to unload all these properties they are going to end up selling to large property management companies and create even more landlords. Anything to hinder the average person to build wealth in this company. That and professional house flippers. Leave the cheap fixer uppers to the middle class please.

Amsterdam passed a law stating housing under 520k must be lived in for 4 continuous years before it can be rented. It is estimated to affect 60% of homes there, and the price limit is adjusted every year. This is to open up the housing market there, and limit the power of landlords. It’ll also prevent corporations from buying residential property.

We don’t need Amsterdam’s law, but we need something. Housing should not be owned by corporations. And most housing should be for purchase, not for rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area