Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 07:57 PM

720 posts, read 736,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaEC View Post
Thanks. Looked at them today. Nice.

Appreciate the heads up!
Have you checked apartments.com that will give you direct info as to what's avail and you can then go and visit direct and see if you like it - https://www.apartments.com/scottsdal.../?mid=20211201

Waiting for prices to come down is going to be a while. I would highly recommend buying a condo instead of renting. Then you can have the flexibility of when you want to move and can rent the condo for passive income or sell it at that time - whatever you choose - just did a quick search for <=$350k and there are several nice ones to choose from 1bedr at Grayhawk; a new one at Manzanita Villas with 2car garage etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 11:17 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post
Have you checked apartments.com that will give you direct info as to what's avail and you can then go and visit direct and see if you like it - https://www.apartments.com/scottsdal.../?mid=20211201

Waiting for prices to come down is going to be a while. I would highly recommend buying a condo instead of renting. Then you can have the flexibility of when you want to move and can rent the condo for passive income or sell it at that time - whatever you choose - just did a quick search for <=$350k and there are several nice ones to choose from 1bedr at Grayhawk; a new one at Manzanita Villas with 2car garage etc.
Best suggestion yet! With home prices the way they are, I would think there would be more interest in condos, especially for a single person, a couple, or a small family. A house is definitely more of a bullish investment than a condo, but there is plenty of upkeep required, which translates to a lot of expense. Buying a condo is almost always less expensive, along with less maintenance.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:42 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,945,382 times
The OP already knew where he wanted to rent (Grayhawk) and eventually buy (Grayhawk or close by), and already has an agent. I don't know why he came on here asking for suggestions.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:48 PM

2,390 posts, read 2,726,528 times
How exactly have you been looking "high and low"? That would be helpful to know.

Maybe you should just get a furnished rental for six months.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:44 AM

369 posts, read 270,516 times
Default That's what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Best suggestion yet! With home prices the way they are, I would think there would be more interest in condos, especially for a single person, a couple, or a small family. A house is definitely more of a bullish investment than a condo, but there is plenty of upkeep required, which translates to a lot of expense. Buying a condo is almost always less expensive, along with less maintenance.
I bought a small condo, just perfect for me. It sure beats renting an apartment.

Old 11-17-2021, 10:51 PM

720 posts, read 736,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlegirlinaz View Post
I bought a small condo, just perfect for me. It sure beats renting an apartment.
smart girl!!! Was going to rent myself for short stint before finding my next home to downsize - and actually put a down payment on a rental in Tempe 3bedr - but then after they got done telling me all the rules; and all the pet charges; and thinking about my teenage daughter with those boots that they wear today in a 2nd floor apt - I said to myself no way - so I bought a cute condo in S.Scottsdale - and my gross monthly is at least $500 less owning than renting with no headaches and no one to raise rent yearly or kick you out!

Old 11-29-2021, 06:32 PM

11 posts, read 10,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
The OP already knew where he wanted to rent (Grayhawk) and eventually buy (Grayhawk or close by), and already has an agent. I don't know why he came on here asking for suggestions.
Very Helpful....

Old 12-03-2021, 05:23 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,945,382 times
To the OP:
I contacted you at the very beginning of this thread by private message after replying to your original post publicly. I made a few suggestions and gave you the name of a good agent in Scottsdale. You then replied that you already knew you wanted Grayhawk and already had an agent.

I was then curious why you made the thread in the first place. Then you sarcastically posted the above. Why did you keep this thread going or even start it in the first place If you already had everything covered?

If you truly already had your mind made up about Grayhawk why didn't you state that in the first place and simply ask for opinions about it? (By the way, I'm not a real estate agent and I'm certainly not the agent that I suggested to you in my private message.)

Old 12-06-2021, 08:00 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,312,676 times
yes the top 20%, $$$ is not an issue, enjoy Scottdale,

https://thescottsdalegrand.com/?doin...28717041015625

you have to go here, not just a gas station they have a wine cellar

https://www.pinnaclepeakgeneralstore.com/

These APTS are the best in Scottsdale, you will get plenty of luxury for your $$$

https://www.mark-taylor.com/apartmen.../floor-plans#/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area