Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 12:17 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Unfortunately for you, the Governor banned CRT in Arizona for now, but don’t worry. The next Democratic governor will allow it, and this state will be a Democratic one, because many of us have had it and are fleeing the state. You can even call it “history” , not CRT, so you can feel better about it, I guess?

As far as gun control, I’m sure that’s coming to Arizona as well. Soon, the only people with guns will be criminals, the cartels, and the government.

Lastly, feel free to mask up for eternity. You know, because of “science”.
Well, if you want to leave, don't let the door hit you in the arse!

1. CRT is pretty simple. It's a classroom topic that focuses on the discussion with the intersection of law and race. Yea, liberals have some ideas and data that point out the flaws in our racial justice system. And sure, they might only view it a certain way (as in, blame people problems on CRT). The real answer is somewhere in-between. Still, why get all railed up? If you know how to parent, then have a discussion with your kids on this topic to make sure they understand the counterpoints. This white conservative would love to have my kids exposed to various ideas. Bring in on! If the school wants to teach about Hinduism too, why not?! I'm not some scared little Christian all worried about my kids getting programmed by a school. Learn to parent! Be involved. It's that simple!

2. Re: "Soon, the only people with guns will be criminals, the cartels, and the government." How laughable. Too many nutjobs own guns (and that includes criminals).

3. Re: Masks. Most are a POS. The good ones work well. That whole mask ship has sailed.. Specifically because of Omicron. Time to move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 12:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Your response actually does nothing for me, except make me want to move to Texas or Florida, which I’ve been contemplating. Not only do I not want to live in the same county as you, I don’t want to live in the same state.
Adios! But what happens when the younger, more educated, progressive populace takes hold of TX and then FL? You can't run forever. If you have to run from changing mindsets, perhaps it's time to acknowledge that you're in the minority and should assimilate. Isn't that what these people tell others?

Old 02-10-2022, 01:05 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,274,804 times
Quote:
Your response actually does nothing for me, except make me want to move to Texas or Florida, which I’ve been contemplating. Not only do I not want to live in the same county as you, I don’t want to live in the same state.

Unfortunately for you, the Governor banned CRT in Arizona for now, but don’t worry. The next Democratic governor will allow it, and this state will be a Democratic one, because many of us have had it and are fleeing the state. You can even call it “history” , not CRT, so you can feel better about it, I guess?

As far as gun control, I’m sure that’s coming to Arizona as well. Soon, the only people with guns will be criminals, the cartels, and the government.

I’m hoping we can make some sort of stand in Arizona, keep the state from becoming the lunatic left, but I’m not very optimistic about it. Having a county just for like minded people who think like I do is appealing, but I doubt it will happen. That’s why I have an exit plan.
Please do, seems to fit you better. Then the Texas "Gazpacho" police can take your freedoms

Old 02-10-2022, 01:26 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:

I’m hoping we can make some sort of stand in Arizona, keep the state from becoming the lunatic left, but I’m not very optimistic about it. Having a county just for like minded people who think like I do is appealing, but I doubt it will happen. That’s why I have an exit plan.
You are seriously proposing a political test for people to move into a certain county? Would you make everyone who does not fit the approved views for said county move to another.

Anyway, they do have a county for people who think like you - Mohave.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:40 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,722,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Well, I'm sure this goes hand in hand with the ongoing election nonsense. This way, they have more Counties to interfere with since they couldn't get to Maricopa County and convince them to commit fraud. Splitting the metro area up and trying to insert "their people" in power is the goal here.
Ding! Ding! Ding! The new GOP playbook tactic to win elections.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:57 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I felt like it’d lead to a good discussion at least here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! A "good discussion", on C-D? Now THAT is definitely one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!

Old 02-10-2022, 02:00 PM

975 posts, read 1,404,409 times
The reason this is being proposed is so that there can be 3 GOP dominated elections boards counting votes for the 2024 Senate and Presidential elections. They can then set the locations of voting precincts, hours of voting precincts, and can count votes. This can deter Democratic turnout especially if they have multiple precincts in more rural parts of the counties but only 1 precinct in an urban area. They also are more likely to fail to certify votes if their preferred candidates don't win and are more likely to claim "fraud" without any evidence. Basically it's a way for the GOP to game the system by making it harder for the Democrats in the 3 Republican counties to vote and/or get their votes counted.

There are also other things like transportation funding that will be impacted. Why would someone in county A vote to pay higher taxes for a freeway project in county C? Why would someone in county B vote to subsidize bus service in county D? The net result would be a more fragmented transportation system as it'll be difficult to get every county on board.

Regional 30 year transportation projects? A thing of the past. I'm not sure that we'd be able to get voters all 4 counties to approve them.

Regional funding of Valleywise Healthcare (the former Maricopa Integrated Health System)? A thing of the past. I'm not sure we'd be able to get voters in all 4 counties to approve it.

What's going to happen is that residents in some counties are going to end up freeloading off of the counties that do approve transporation / healthcare funding.

Also the people who rely on bus / rail transportaiton that is now seamless may need to catch a new bus at the county border.

Overall it's bad news for the future of the Phoenix metropolitan area as it'll cripple our ability to handle growth that hasn't been crippled before by everything being countywide and voters in some areas are very likely to be disenfranchised.

Old 02-10-2022, 04:17 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,277 times
So, in other words, the usual Democrat battle cry of endless what ifs that often don't pan out the way they claim it will anyways. If you're so concerned about the Republican vote diluting the Democrat vote, then maybe the Democrat vote has too much power already. Based off this map, it would appear that a tiny little section of Phoenix containing a large number of Democrats is overpowering a much larger section of Republicans already. Are we paying for freeway improvements in Yavapai, Pima, Pinal or Gila counties now? Why would this split be any different? I spent a lot of time in Michigan around Detroit, where one of the worst public transit systems in the country exists. Yet they had two bus systems that nearly seamlessly transfered between Detroit city buses, and the SMART that spanned 3 different counties with a service area larger than that of Phoenix's system. This really just sounds a lot more like a bunch of Democrats throwing a hissy fit over losing their unfair advantage at the polls.... Edit.... Tried breaking this into paragraphs 3 times... For whatever reason, the forum keeps refusing it, lol

Old 02-10-2022, 05:56 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
So, in other words, the usual Democrat battle cry of endless what ifs that often don't pan out the way they claim it will anyways. If you're so concerned about the Republican vote diluting the Democrat vote, then maybe the Democrat vote has too much power already. Based off this map, it would appear that a tiny little section of Phoenix containing a large number of Democrats is overpowering a much larger section of Republicans already. Are we paying for freeway improvements in Yavapai, Pima, Pinal or Gila counties now? Why would this split be any different? I spent a lot of time in Michigan around Detroit, where one of the worst public transit systems in the country exists. Yet they had two bus systems that nearly seamlessly transfered between Detroit city buses, and the SMART that spanned 3 different counties with a service area larger than that of Phoenix's system. This really just sounds a lot more like a bunch of Democrats throwing a hissy fit over losing their unfair advantage at the polls.... Edit.... Tried breaking this into paragraphs 3 times... For whatever reason, the forum keeps refusing it, lol
Millions of people commute around what would become several counties. Not the same thing as Gila, Pinal County etc. with one county we have the ability to streamline projects and reduce regulatory burden. Why should I have to deal with several levels of disjointed infrastructure projects/planning because I drive from one county to another?

Anyway, is there one good reason? You’re saying we need to prove a negative. The burden is on the proponent. Why should we do this? What is the point? Take that libs?

Old 02-10-2022, 06:05 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,417,441 times
And the water wars? More scenes from MadMax on the horizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area