Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 11:53 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairbob65 View Post
so thinkalot are you saying the parks are starting to sell off for other uses? You're correct in that statement if the parks are starting to sell off then all those homes will have to go somewhere. and from what i see down there is that is will not be an easy move, with most having at least one large awning if not 2 and some being built with walk in features.
. up here single wide units just need to be jacked up and tire put back on them and haul them down the road to another site. double wides of course need to be unmarried and then moved. they do not put modular units in parks as they can go on privately owned land. in most places, single and double can't

the first park i was in 50 years ago is still there. and none in west michigan have sold off for other uses.

maybe some other will chime in and confirm that is going on.

thanks
I don't know if it has or will happen in Phoenix, but it certainly happened in the Denver metro area and I know of a couple of parks in Tucson that have been purchased by developers that plan to shut down the parks and build multi-family housing.

https://denverite.com/2017/05/22/mobile-homes/
https://www.coloradoindependent.com/...home-eviction/
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...am/2307487001/

Last edited by jwiley; 03-12-2022 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 11:56 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
So no one will have the idea to build some new parks further out.....?

The question isn't whether people will have the idea to build new parks further out (I am personally involved in trying to build 2 at the moment in Arizona), the issue is that a lot of cities and counties have decided that they do not like or want more trailer parks. Despite modular and manufactured housing being solid low income housing, trailer parks that have been allowed to run down and turn into crime hubs and problem areas for cops have hurt their reputation among politicians and government workers.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:14 AM

15 posts, read 11,834 times
i suspect that park owners would benefit more from selling the land. more than likely it is the kids that inherited the land. a developer would stand to make way more money from 2 lots converted into a home than the lot rental. and if they were to keep the sewer and water lines in the roads? less to deal with unless they're so old they need replacement. the roads are easy to fix being that they are on the surface.

but for me being in my 70's i would expect the crime would remain in the central part of the city and the parks as to being further out let's say in the apache junction area crime would be lower.

what information i'm looking for is what the average lot rent is and the average power cost and if water and sewer plug garbage is included in the lot rents. plus do they surcharge for pets 2 cars, i would expect one car is a given but they may charge for an extra car., and if you have a washer in the home if they charge extra for that due to the extra water usage.

in the parks i lived in years ago the lot rent was a base charge and if you turned in a washer that was extra and pets were extra and one park you were allowed 1 car 2 cars were extra due to parking issues.

and how is the medical out in the apache junction area? do they have enough dr.s and dentists and if there is a hospital that is close? i would think they might but you never know.

what we may do is next winter if my girl is still in the gilbert area, we may take winter and go out there and then i can look around and see how those areas look. but before that, i still need to get a handle on what it might cost to move out there.

but in the meantime, if i find that the parks are going to be there and now sell out anytime soon, and the costs are about what i'm paying now i may get home and just move out.

thanks

Old 03-14-2022, 01:58 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,925 times
OP have you tried these resources? You can look up the actual parks and get some general information to get you started on finding a park to move to:

https://www.mhvillage.com/

https://www.mobilehome.net/mobile-ho...ry/arizona/all

https://mymhcommunity.com/Arizona/

Old 03-15-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
OP have you tried these resources? You can look up the actual parks and get some general information to get you started on finding a park to move to:

https://www.mhvillage.com/

https://www.mobilehome.net/mobile-ho...ry/arizona/all

https://mymhcommunity.com/Arizona/
thanks for this info. i saved it and will check them out and ask them questions.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:50 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,225,838 times
Quote:
having to live 4 months inside it is kind of like hibernating for 6 months.
You'll be living inside for 4 months during the hot summer

Old 03-18-2022, 06:20 AM

ok i decided to let my girl tell me about the weather during the summer.

i guess if it was really so bad we would be seeing a lot of summer birds from az in Michigan due to the heat. like you see lots of snowbirds from mi. due to the cold. i have not seen that.

anyway because my girl lives in queens creek now and runs a ice cream store in gilbert she will get a good handle on summer temps. and if it does not drive her back to michigan then next year we may move out there. thanks

Old 03-18-2022, 09:14 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:

i guess if it was really so bad we would be seeing a lot of summer birds from az in Michigan due to the heat. like you see lots of snowbirds from mi. due to the cold. i have not seen that.

anyway because my girl lives in queens creek now and runs a ice cream store in gilbert she will get a good handle on summer temps. and if it does not drive her back to michigan then next year we may move out there. thanks
I don't understand what the question is. We have multiple days a summer when the temperature reaches above 110, up to -- in my experience -- 122.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:11 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:

There are plenty of people that have the means to leave the heat in the summer for cooler places.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:38 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times
Quote:

You won't see many summerbirds coming to Michigan from Arizona because we would never have to go that far for cooler temps, you can cruise 90-120 mins from Phoenix and be in similar weather to the Detroit area all summer. AZ has a lot of geographic and weather diversity.

We're also within road trip distance of places that have some of the best weather in the country, if not world, in San Diego, Orange County and LA area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area