Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 06:59 AM

15 posts, read 11,873 times

Advertisements

ok so what is the point of telling me that it is not worth moving there because of you have 4 months of high heat? i know that already it is a desert.

so can anyone tell me what areas in the phoenix are have good mobile home parks.
1 lot rents
2 avg gas bills
3 avg power bills
3 is garbage included in the rent?
4 is cable included in the rent?
5 can you have pets and do they charge extra for pets and if they have a limit? we have 2 chi's
6. do they charge extra for more then one car? i have 4 now 2 drivers and 2 antiques. i figure i will need 1 driver and 1 antique but do they charge for more then one car?
7.if cable is not included are there tv towers that you can get over the air tv stations?

no more telling it gets hot in phoenix ok i know that.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 08:49 AM

13,802 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Because he won't have a place to put it. Do you think the land under those trailers won't be sold eventually?
There are several mobile parks a few miles from where I live in East Mesa. The location isn't bad. Maybe 5-7 minutes to the 60 freeway, 10-12 minutes to the 202 freeway.

I have a couple of vendors I regularly use who live in a mobile park and lot fees have risen.

But for now anyway there's no talk of the park where they live being sold.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:21 AM

10,912 posts, read 7,414,393 times
We used to joke that if we didn't do well, we could at least get a trailer in the desert.
Didn't really think that we'd wind up in a mobile home in Tucson. It's much nicer than expected. We're on acreage, not in a park.

1300 sf older mobile (probably not very good insulation).
electricity runs about $60 a month in winter (plus propane heat), under $200 in summer.
water is about $30/month year round.
propane for the heater, water heater, and stove $500-$600 a year.

I believe emissions testing is only required in Pima and Maricopa counties (areas around Tucson and Phoenix).

The heat is definitely drier here than in other parts of the country; sometimes under 10% humidity, but it is also hotter. We run a humidifier most of the time.

Winters are chilly, though not like MI. We get a sweet little snowfall every couple of years, and I'm wearing several layers of fleece right now.

Try to get a garage or at least a carport to keep your cars out of the intense sun and heat.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:52 AM

6,771 posts, read 5,071,651 times
I have some relatives who used to own a place in Venture Out.

https://ventureoutrvresort.com/

I’ve been there a few times. It was always very clean and the homes seemed well kept. This one is organized as an HOA, so everyone in there owns a deeded fractional interest. I’m assuming it would take a vote of the owners to sell the entire park?

I don’t know the answers to all of your questions, but there’s contact information on the website.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:20 PM

10,912 posts, read 7,414,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I have some relatives who used to own a place in Venture Out.

https://ventureoutrvresort.com/

I’ve been there a few times. It was always very clean and the homes seemed well kept. This one is organized as an HOA, so everyone in there owns a deeded fractional interest. I’m assuming it would take a vote of the owners to sell the entire park?

I don’t know the answers to all of your questions, but there’s contact information on the website.
I've heard the jointly owned mobile home parks referred to as co ops. A friend has one, really likes it.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
We used to joke that if we didn't do well, we could at least get a trailer in the desert.
Didn't really think that we'd wind up in a mobile home in Tucson. It's much nicer than expected. We're on acreage, not in a park.

1300 sf older mobile (probably not very good insulation).
electricity runs about $60 a month in winter (plus propane heat), under $200 in summer.
water is about $30/month year round.
propane for the heater, water heater, and stove $500-$600 a year.

I believe emissions testing is only required in Pima and Maricopa counties (areas around Tucson and Phoenix).

The heat is definitely drier here than in other parts of the country; sometimes under 10% humidity, but it is also hotter. We run a humidifier most of the time.

Winters are chilly, though not like MI. We get a sweet little snowfall every couple of years, and I'm wearing several layers of fleece right now.

Try to get a garage or at least a carport to keep your cars out of the intense sun and heat.
thanks this was very helpful my oldest daughter just moved to gilbert to run a store she got the first of the year. and we want to move out that way to help them and to give us something to do in our old age.

i have 2 old cars but would bring one. and we have 2 daily drivers but would bring one. i do not want to be a snowbird because i do not want to have the upkeep for 2 homes. if i could find a good renter and set this house up for 2 families oi might think of it but good renters are really hard to find. i guess if i had the rent real low i may find a renter that would stay and keep the place up. kind of like the Ozarks tv show.

the wife seems to think moving out there will help her arthritis issues also so maybe some my let me know if the dry air helped their arthritis.

i will keep an eye on park lot rentals as i'm now hearing they're going up some. the water rates are about what we pay here but the power is a bit more as i pay maybe 100$ summer and 80$ winter but no a/c in the summer the rise is for a pump to water the grass and fans in the summer and a window shaker in the bedroom.

and yes some type of enclosure for the old car in the summer to keep out the sun.

thanks. very helpful and thanks for not vbtelling me it gets hot in the desert!

Old 03-20-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I've heard the jointly owned mobile home parks referred to as co ops. A friend has one, really likes it.
thanks i will have to check into that one. they may have units for sale

Old 03-20-2022, 06:32 AM

ok sent an email to that ventureoutrvresort place asking some questions now to see if they reply and answer those questions.

thanks

Old 03-24-2022, 10:14 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,648,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairbob65 View Post
thanks, maverick. i figured i would get a good 3 seasons and summer for me but the wife would need to be inside she can't take the heat. but my main concern is park rental. if we move it will be a move and not a snowbird thing i do ot want to keep 2 homes and the costs of them when not using them.

Well, just remember that it isn't 110 degrees all day. The early mornings and evenings are wonderful. I'm usually up early and even on those sizzling 110+ days, the early mornings are usually in the 70s or low 80s. Don't buy into many folks arguments that it never gets below 100 degrees. Bla, bla, bla. This is simply not true.
I live just north of the 202 and 60 interchange. The hottest I've ever seen at 6:00 am is 92. Most times it's around 75 or 80.

so the avg park rental out your way in apache junction is it mostly 500.00 or variable?
is water and garbage included and is it weekly pickup and do the insist on water conservation? so they frown on car washing?
do most have pools and crafts for the oldtimers
do they charge extra for small dogs we have 2
do they charge extra for cars over 1? i would have at least 2 one daily and one convertible either a Corvair or LeBaron will have to sell one old car

yes, in most parks the rent is around $500.00 or so. That includes trash but typically does not include water and then you have electricity on top of that, of course.
There aren't any restrictions for washing cars and while there are no specific laws or rules in place to force you to conserve water, it is certainly encouraged. This is a desert after all.
Almost every park has at least a pool and a small events center.
Most parks don't like large or aggressive dogs but if your pooches are smaller, you'll be fine.
2 cars aren't a problem.

are there medical close and dentists and dr's. so we can transfer our care to the area easy enough?

Medical and dental is everywhere around here. Being a retirement and snowbird destination translates to a lot of medical facilities.
No worries

also is the power reasonable out there? back in 2000, i was out there visiting and the people said they paid a flat rate for power. we do that for gas up here. i guess they may have meant a budget rate that is the same all year.

yes, power is still reasonable. SRP is what's out here and they do a great job. I'm happy with them.
Even though power is still reasonable around here, you should still be conscience of your usage, particularly in the summer. Air conditioners consume a lot of power so if you're not careful you can possibly run up and exorbitant electric bill. I have a large house and during the hottest part of the summer I could easily get a 400 or $500 electric bill if I wasn't careful. I use an evaporative cooler whenever possible and that keeps my electric bill down even in the hottest of months and it adds humidity to the house so I like that.

as for tv it is good to find out they have some OTA stations you can get as that is mostly what i do here. for internet, i would get one of those t mobile 5g modems

also what i need to find out is if the parks are selling out and or raising the rentals for the lots. some are saying the parks are seling out to developers and i do not need to get home and then have to move it.

Most of the snowbird parks here in East Mesa and Apache junction are actually investing and upgrading the park. Block walls are being added as are gates and security and upgrading the facilities. I don't know of a single park here in AJ or far east Mesa that has sold and forced residents to remove their homes. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I get around a lot and I've not seen that at all.

and what the extra costs might be for example what is the taxes i see in the realtor listings for homes and hoa fees and lot rents and what do you get with lot rents in the parks out your way? 500.00 is a fair rental if garbage and water is included and they have some extras like a pool and crafts and such.

The taxes on a mobile home are nominal. If you bought an older home in an older park, your taxes are 30 or $40 a year because you're not paying property taxes, you're only paying tax on the mobile home which is considered a vehicle because it came in over the road.
There no HOA fees in parks. The parks will have rules but typically no extra fees.

if you have some answers to these questions it would be a big help. as if we do decide to move we would sell everything here but some clothes 2 cars some tools and go. i would look for a fully furnished home so all i would need is me.

As I said earlier, water isn't usually included but sometimes it is.
Some of these parks are older parks but very well kept up in most cases. The family parks on the other hand can get dicey so if you can stay with a 55 and older Park, you'll be fine.
You could easily find an older single wide in a 55 and older park very inexpensively. Like 10K. That's in a 55+ park, not a snowbird park. Those a different animals altogether. Not bad, just different and more expensive. Mainly because they have more amenities like golf courses, huge events and cultural centers, multiple pools and spas, and fully decked out excessive rooms. Hence, they are more expensive.
Anyway, if you would like to discuss this further or have more questions, just PM me.

thanks bp.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:29 PM

1,955 posts, read 2,304,718 times
I would Avoid any park owned by Treehouse communities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area