Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
I think (HOPE) she was talking about the humidity
You may be right, my bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Yes, it was the humidity. Since it's been humid lately I am trying to figure out if this is what people talk about hating that we don't usually have. lol I'm trying to see it from there point of view without leaving Phoenix if that's possible. Just bored here, it's summer. lol

Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Yes, it was the humidity. Since it's been humid lately I am trying to figure out if this is what people talk about hating that we don't usually have. lol I'm trying to see it from there point of view without leaving Phoenix if that's possible. Just bored here, it's summer. lol
I always compare this city's temperature and humidity to few other cities to get a better understanding. For example, you call this humid but So Cal was almost always a lot more humid even during AZ's Monsoon season.
IN or IL can be a lot more humid than even TX albeit being a few degrees less...

imho, I think this 'little' humid season, though annoying at times, is kinda cool but then I was called 'weird' before so who knows, right?

I have to admit the last couple of days, I felt like a sweaty, sexy cuban guy on a hot Summer day in Miami even though I am not sexy, not Cuban and definitely not in FL! So, I guess what I was trying to say was, I was quite sweaty the last couple of days...

Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 AM

8 posts, read 34,123 times
Smile Flood Plain

Okay, now i'm MAD
Bought property in Casa Grande 5 years ago and am moving this year, and NOW we're in the 100 year flood plain...as of Dec. 07...WHAT THE HECK!!!!
Has cost us a fortune due to impact fees and having to elevate all structures 3 1/2 feet ABOVE the ground. Am not happy with Pinal County at alllllll...
Come on...how often does it rain more than a drop???
Has anybody else had this bad luck???

Maybe I need to stay in Illinois

Old 07-21-2008, 11:48 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Yep, I was talking about humidity. I spent many of my childhood summers in upstate NY where the humidity was in the 90% level some of the time. Horrible stuff! I can tell when ours goes up by 10%.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
(1)Sorry about the false hopes.
False hopes, fake apologies...oh, no worries!!

Quote:
hope the scooter deal works out.
Well, going to take a look at it tonight! I am kinda excited, price wise this scooter is definitely pushing my limit but if it is as good as I think it is, it'll be worth it! One fast 'scooter' by the way, I may scream like a little school girl if it is too powerful!

Quote:
Wish my wife would ride.
If she did, you would be riding right now but don't feel bad, you are not the only guy who got whipped on that!

Quote:
I'd love to get a used Beemer twin and take take that trip up the PCH I told you about. It's fun in a Mustang drop-top, but nothing would beat a mc ride on that road. Big Sur is calling!
If you get a bike, we will do the PCH tour! I will take a week off of work if I have too. Or, we could try one the AZ Motorcycle Tours?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
What do you guys think of NASA colonizing the moon?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:35 PM

799 posts, read 2,169,125 times
Default Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
How can you colonize the moon?]

You'd have to create an artificial atmosphere, you'd have to create water, grow food, etc.

And what would be the purpose?

It's a quarter of a million miles away.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:59 PM

146 posts, read 738,749 times
Howdy, Neighbors!

Here's a link where you can create a live chatroom. Its kind of a spin off of MSN chat with similar features. Anyone want to start an Arizona room?
Im game....let me know!

PhreikChat :: (http://www.phreik.com/index.php - broken link)

Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
Since we are not planning on moving there anytime soon, you should ask this question to the inhabitants of the moon! Or on the
www.Galaxy-Data.com forum!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area