Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,437,706 times

Advertisements

ok guys, so my partner's probably going to take a trip out to phx/scottsdale area to scope out the area for possible restaurant location. He is not actually going to look at any spaces, yet(who knows, maybe he will) but he wants to drive around, to feel out the area to see if he sees what I see. He wanted to go soon but I told him its probably best if he waits til oct/nov...I told him that its probably pretty dead right now and feels ghost towny. I don't want him to get a bad impression of the area.

Having said this, what months and what area should I have him check out for restaurant location? we are focusing PHX/Scottsdale/PV(our target clientele is Phx/Scottsdale/PV) ....obvious are Kierland and Old town, but anyplace else? Would really appreciate your chime, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 11:32 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,172,187 times
Why would it feel like a ghost town? Tons of people live there all year long and eat out and shop. It's not just a snow bird's paradise. The weather would be nice in oct/nov, but checking it out while it's hot is also a good idea.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:09 PM

271 posts, read 839,670 times
Scottsdale's SouthBridge/"waterfront" area, which opened in the spring of 2007. Nice area along the canal, and home to one of my favorite restaurants - Digestif - which opened earlier this year.

Last edited by Rubee; 08-04-2008 at 01:35 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 01:11 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,210,736 times
Yeah-only a few MILLION of us people who still need to eat still live here in the summer months. ;-)

Also suggest Desert Ridge area (Tatum & 101 ish). Or Airpark (generally Thunderbird up to FLW over to about Hayden). All areas there is a lot of retail/restaurant/office space. And a lot of new construction in progress.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:12 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,210,736 times
The canal area is a super spot. I suspect rents would be absolutely sky high tho. Just because. ;-)

Old 08-04-2008, 01:47 PM

cool guys, thanks for the great suggestions!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,564 times
If you want a Scottsdale/Phoenix/PV clientele then anywhere along Scottsdale Rd. from downtown to Frank Lloyd Wright and focus on the cross streets, like Shea, Camelback, etc. Hayden also may be attractive and with slightly lower rents than Scottsdale Road.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 AM

919 posts, read 3,396,973 times
Check out the La Grande Orange/Postino/Radio Milano complex on 40th Street and Campbell in the Arcadia neighborhood (a few miles west of Old Town Scottsdale). They seem to have nailed the PHX market for it's always busy, morning, noon and night, any day of the week and any part of the year. They basically took a pretty ho-hum strip mall type of place in a non-destination neighborhood and have turned it into a very hip gourmet market, pizzaria, gelato shop and expanded to adjacent buildings for a wine bar and Italian joint. They do a good job of providing above-average food but also appeal to non-foodies who subsist on white wine and salads, or merely coffee and a scene.

There are better places food-wise and parking can be a pain (in a town where parking is hardly ever a pain), but I can't think of anyplace as busy, as often. If looking to open a place, you might learn something from them. But be sure to set up shop within walking distance of my place!

See link

Old 08-05-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
If you want a Scottsdale/Phoenix/PV clientele then anywhere along Scottsdale Rd. from downtown to Frank Lloyd Wright and focus on the cross streets, like Shea, Camelback, etc. Hayden also may be attractive and with slightly lower rents than Scottsdale Road.
cool, thanks!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Check out the La Grande Orange/Postino/Radio Milano complex on 40th Street and Campbell in the Arcadia neighborhood (a few miles west of Old Town Scottsdale). They seem to have nailed the PHX market for it's always busy, morning, noon and night, any day of the week and any part of the year. They basically took a pretty ho-hum strip mall type of place in a non-destination neighborhood and have turned it into a very hip gourmet market, pizzaria, gelato shop and expanded to adjacent buildings for a wine bar and Italian joint. They do a good job of providing above-average food but also appeal to non-foodies who subsist on white wine and salads, or merely coffee and a scene.

There are better places food-wise and parking can be a pain (in a town where parking is hardly ever a pain), but I can't think of anyplace as busy, as often. If looking to open a place, you might learn something from them. But be sure to set up shop within walking distance of my place!

See link
great info, thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: