Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:28 PM

12 posts, read 57,574 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone i'll be moving very soon to gilbert az from Connecticut. Were trying to sell our house right now. I have 2 boys a high school age and a 3rd grader. I don't know much about Gilbert so all and any info is welcome. safety and a good neighborhoods are my main concern. I'm in the 250-300k range. can anyone suggest an area for us to look. Also which are the communities or schools to avoid. Thank you so much for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 11:33 PM

105 posts, read 326,188 times
All I can say is Gilbert is great. You have everything you need store/reataurant wise(as with any other place in the valley), but, it's quiet, clean, safe so far(I've been here 4 or 5 months), lot's of activities for families, great parks(Freestone Park is awesome) and while you're far enough away from the ****storm of the city, you're just close enough if you ever want to venture in within minutes. Schools, I don't know.....I have a special needs child, which I have yet to enroll, IF I decide to do so at all. He's 17 now, and am waiting his medical records...they may do an I.P.E., but I doubt I enroll him and just ask fo a release. I've heard Gilbert has a great school system, but not so much for special needs. As far as areas to avoid....I've seen none that are even remotely scary looking...there are some area's that you can tell have been there longer than most, but nothing to be afraid of. I would never leave Gilbert if i didn't have to. In the short time I've been here....I love it.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 AM

5 posts, read 9,766 times
We have lived here in Gilbert for almost 15 years and we love it. There is plenty to do- you are close to everything. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that the city limits do not line up with the school districts boundaries. We are in south Gilbert, but our 4 children attend Chandler schools. Some parts of Gilbert attend Higley schools which IMO are not very good. With the market the way it is, you can find some great homes in your price range. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me.

John

Old 11-03-2008, 12:43 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
Hi Jennifercat,

You can acquaint yourself with Gilbert schools on the Gilbert Public Schools website. You'll find links to the individual schools.

Gilbert is a great place to live. There are many nice neighborhoods in your price range. I would recommend finding a school you think will fit your needs best, then look for homes in that area. Another site that posts reviews of the schools is GreatSchools.net

Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 PM

75 posts, read 394,816 times
Default FROM CT to AZ

We JUST moved here from CT last month.
This is our 2nd time living in Gilbert.
We lived here for 7 years, moved to CT for 1.5 years, and now, we are back.
We are natives of New England and wanted to return, but it did not work out.
I think you will like it here. The heat, dust, lack of rain and allergies probably related to all of that, may take a while to get used to. I know I am having to re-acclimate after only a short time away.
We are in the Chandler School district and my 2 girls (K and 2nd grade) like their school very much. They sure do get sent home with lots of homework - more than in CT.
We lived in Hebron, CT ....our house is also for sale there, since 5/19 - no offers.
We are currently renting and making whatever sacrifices we have to in order to get along until the house does sell.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 AM

33 posts, read 136,525 times
Hi,
I am not familar with Con real estate market but I have seen many people get in trouble with buying a place before selling their last place. I dont know your financial situation but I know it can tough to have two mortgages.

Stephen Ledford

Old 11-04-2008, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 6,779 times
As someone mentioned, Gilbert schools are great! My children have attended Ashland Ranch Elem., Spectrum Elem. and Finley Farms Elem. All were fantastic and also in very nice neighborhoods. You should have no prob. finding a nice home in your price range near any of those schools. I have also heard that Mesquite High School is a good one. I currently live in Gilbert, but becuase of where we recently bought (Ray and Higley area) our kids are now zoned in the Higley School District. So far, I'm not a fan. Stick with Gilbert if you can!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:16 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,291 times
Gilbert is a wonderful place to live! And for a '250-300k range' for a house you will have no problem finding a beautiful home. I don't know about the schools though.. I don't have any children myself.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:09 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times
Default Gilbert over 55 mobile home parks?

Does anyone know if there are any "over 55" mobile home parks in Gilbert of nearby? Not trashy ones, but nice ones if such a thing exists.

Thanks for your help

Old 11-11-2008, 06:24 AM

39 posts, read 153,926 times
I regarding the mobile home parks, I'm thinking it's on Gilbert rd, on the west side of the road just south of Chandler Blvd (williamsfield rd.) I think it's technically Chandler but it's right on the Gilbert border. Seems like a nice community, they have community garage sales and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area