Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 AM

6 posts, read 9,348 times

Advertisements

We will be moving ther in 2011, so this is exciting. We have an eight year old grandson who stays with us all summer long.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 AM

919 posts, read 3,398,360 times
Mesa voters approved the incentives but there's been very little media coverage since. I'd imagine it's gotten really tought to get funding for unproven business projects of this scale. In a way, it might be a good thing. The original plan was a bit too... massive. They seemed to want to build in every activity related to water, but I don't see a lot of people wanting to scuba dive in a Mesa lake. On the flip side, there are loads of people who'd like to hang at a beach or float on a boat in town, rather than head to a distant lake or Rocky Point. If the developers can offer a range of activities across budgets, they could do well.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Mesa voters approved the incentives but there's been very little media coverage since. I'd imagine it's gotten really tought to get funding for unproven business projects of this scale. In a way, it might be a good thing. The original plan was a bit too... massive. They seemed to want to build in every activity related to water, but I don't see a lot of people wanting to scuba dive in a Mesa lake. On the flip side, there are loads of people who'd like to hang at a beach or float on a boat in town, rather than head to a distant lake or Rocky Point. If the developers can offer a range of activities across budgets, they could do well.
I don't see this(Waveyard) happening (sadly). The developers are not well established people with a lot of money. I just don't see them implementing something of this scale during this time. I would be willing to bet anyone there will be no waterpark by 2011.

Regardless, I think if they do build a waterpark, the valley should comit an area to a waterpark AND a theme park the way Dallas Ft. Worth committed Arlington to Six Flags and Wet n Wild. They are both in the same area and they often offer packages to both. Arlington also hosts the Rangers MLB baseball stadium. I would not mind if this was the west side. They already have the stadium, put a water park and an amusement park in the same area and that can the valley's version of Arlington. This is better than putting up an amusement park between Tucson and Phoenix and a water park in Mesa.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,922 times
Aw, would be cool but it won't happen. I don't think anyway, it never does. It always comes up, year after year, theme parks, water parks, etc. Not a lot of them make it past the "big idea" phase. I use to get excited and tell the kids, "guess what's coming?" Now, I won't mention it until the things build and taking my money. lol

Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 924 times
There are a lot of projects like this that gets thrown out there, danced around for years then never transpire into anything real. Permits, city councils backing, bonds by the city are very hard to get cleared on all of them. For this type of project, it would not be just a cash project, it would be borrowed money from private investors with the city backing the project completely. The city rarely ever backs a project completely unless much time of researching has been done. They do not want to back a project that may not actually complete and leave many angry people. And investors do not want to put millions and millions of dollars into a project that isn't supported by the city without a bond, they could lose their money and only recover a fraction in court.

Any water project in AZ is risky, there has to be a very laid out plan on how to conserve.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegazgirl View Post
There are a lot of projects like this that gets thrown out there, danced around for years then never transpire into anything real. Permits, city councils backing, bonds by the city are very hard to get cleared on all of them. For this type of project, it would not be just a cash project, it would be borrowed money from private investors with the city backing the project completely. The city rarely ever backs a project completely unless much time of researching has been done. They do not want to back a project that may not actually complete and leave many angry people. And investors do not want to put millions and millions of dollars into a project that isn't supported by the city without a bond, they could lose their money and only recover a fraction in court.

Any water project in AZ is risky, there has to be a very laid out plan on how to conserve.
You are responding to a long dormant thread. The last comment was two years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area