Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:22 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wng View Post
As for trucks and SUVs, they have their niches to fill. Hauling gear and trailers, commercial work, and off road access.
A pick up came in handy when I needed to haul furniture for a week. But for daily driving, it's charm wore off very quickly.
Yeah, they're good for hauling and commercial uses-----------

BUT,

How often do you see the lifted jobbies and gigantic 4-wheel drives actually hauling something except a$$?

These big trucks are just excuses to compensate for insecure issues with manhood, that's all there is to it.

Maybe they're trying to impress women; but the women I've gone out with all say the same thing about the dudes in the huge trucks - 'they must have small dicks!' - that's a direct quote!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Ahh, but you have not driven in Indonesia or Korea, Grasshopper. There, the lines in the road are treated as recommendations. You have cars and bicycles loaded with chickens competing for the same imaginary lane. And along side the road is an open sewer, since many areas didn't think to, or couldn't afford to, put in -- I don't know -- pipes! It's quite an adventure. I once found myself on a four lane road with 7 lanes of traffic moving forward at a fairly rapid pace. Off to my left, a man balanced about fifty chickens in cages across his shoulders, handlebars, and rear tire. To my right, a man had the same arrangements with baskets of fruit, and a kid on the handlebars, to boot.

All is relative, my friend. To steal from Ghandi, "Be the driver you want to see in the world."

Old 01-21-2009, 01:57 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,250 times
As much as we complain about bad drivers here in the States, at least the general consensus among drivers is that there are rules to be followed. All those great traffic laws and common courtesy end at the border. Driving around Tijuana scared the living daylights out of me...

Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times
I drive a truck because of my job, and I am constantly driving off-road with it for camping, recreation etc. Why buy quads and not use them? I like to go out every weekend.

I have a gas saver for my daily driver, I get around 35mpg. Right now $16 will last me just over a week of 5 day commuting to school and work. (~400 miles)

Old 01-21-2009, 03:11 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I drive a truck because of my job, and I am constantly driving off-road with it for camping, recreation etc. Why buy quads and not use them? I like to go out every weekend.

I have a gas saver for my daily driver, I get around 35mpg. Right now $16 will last me just over a week of 5 day commuting to school and work. (~400 miles)
I drive a truck too and, unlike you, I am not about to go apologizing for it or explaining why to some stereotyping pantywaists who think there stuff doesn't stink cuz they traded in the SUV for a Prius last summer.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:17 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I drive a truck too and, unlike you, I am not about to go apologizing for it or explaining why to some stereotyping pantywaists who think there stuff doesn't stink cuz they traded in the SUV for a Prius last summer.
Well said.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
What? Who exactly am I apologizing too?

I think you're confused.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
What? Who exactly am I apologizing too?

I think you're confused.
And you must be illiterate. Check out the word "OR". Seriously, I can't tell your intentions from your words. I just wanted to be clear that I did not approve of EITHER apologizing OR explaining why one chooses to drive a truck. I generally don't participate in the "Phoenix drivers" threads as I find them infantile. But, on occasion, the truck-bashing and stereotyping of truck drivers makes me mad. Sorry I ruffled your feathers <-- apology.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
And you're illiterate. Check out the word "OR".
WTF is a pantywaist?

You clearly said "unlike you, I am not about to go apologizing for it" and I never apologized for driving a truck.

EDIT - What do you mean intentions? I just find that Phoenix drivers are worse than most citys.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
WTF is a pantywaist?

You clearly said "unlike you, I am not about to go apologizing for it" and I never apologized for driving a truck.

EDIT - What do you mean intentions? I just find that Phoenix drivers are worse than most citys.
A pantywaist is a milquetoast, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area