Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,793,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
You are so right and I will ditto everything that was said there as well. And as for your thumbs up icon, you can do it in the title of the reply, just not the body of the message
Wanna Bet?

Right click on it scroll down to copy, then right click where you want it, right click again, hit paste

Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,014,606 times
LMBO, thanks for the tip!
Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Let's see if I got it...lol

Keep up the great posts!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
LMBO, thanks for the tip!
Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Let's see if I got it...lol

Keep up the great posts!
Nope, guess not...lol I'll try again another time!
I did what you saud, but it just comes up saying thumbs up oh well

Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM

155 posts, read 822,102 times
Default so much for the wonderful wild west

GOne are the beauty days of Arizona - Scottsdale - overpriced, retirees
Actually Arizona is great for the retirees- healthcare, golf, bowling
but if you still have life in you, want to live by your own decisions (not by spiraling down large companies) and get off the roads with these "beat the yellow light drivers"
or the guns that parents claim they ALWAYS lock up so kids can't get at them
I say MOVE _ Be Forever Young_ and SANE_MOVE
we are....

Old 03-27-2007, 06:40 PM

127 posts, read 434,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
You know, I've tried a few different times to say this but the mods delete my posts so I'm just going to "ditto" what you said
There are overwhelmingly many people with the same feelings. Meaning, there is more than one person that feels your statistical information and your credibility is flawed. Throw up the white flag and surrender.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 PM

647 posts, read 3,342,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareFreeAZ View Post
There are overwhelmingly many people with the same feelings. Meaning, there is more than one person that feels your statistical information and your credibility is flawed. Throw up the white flag and surrender.

Is this directed at me? What am I surrendering? I haven't posted any stats - I've simply argued that the person posting as RobinHolland has skewed stats, along with some kind of weird obsession with badmouthing a state that he/she doesn't even live in.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Is this directed at me? What am I surrendering? I haven't posted any stats - I've simply argued that the person posting as RobinHolland has skewed stats, along with some kind of weird obsession with badmouthing a state that he/she doesn't even live in.
I am pretty sure CareFree was responding to Robin (as a lot of us have now). I hope that's who anyway...lol Robin has some real issues with the state of Arizona and city of Phoenix....YOOOO HOOO SHERIFF JOE!!! WHERE ARE YOU??

Old 03-27-2007, 11:07 PM

127 posts, read 434,385 times
Quote:

No, by no way was this meant for you - sorry. Yes it was to be directed for Robin. Just realized that when I quickly hit quote it was your last quote. I was only in agreement and have only had nothing but issues from what Robin says. Take Care

Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 PM

33 posts, read 45,588 times
Quote:
It makes me laugh that you think CA is a utopia compared to AZ.
I didn't say the entire state of California, I specifically mentioned the bay area and Silicon valley as being better in many areas.

Quote:
Their economy sucks
With new technology jobs being created twofold in the San Jose area at substantially higher pay than the valley of the shun???? That's not too sucky.

Quote:
their illegal problem is just as bad as AZ
They certainly have their problems with illegals, but it's not as bad as Arizona. Didn't you read that Arizona is the no.1 crossover state for illegals? The business community keeps fighting legislation that would penalize companies who hire illegals - so that's proof that companies want the inflow from south of the border for cheap labor. Shady business is king here.

Quote:
their housing market is WAY overpriced, traffic is HORRIBLE, pollution is horrendous
Can't argue there.
However, the wage opportunities there far outweigh most anything here; so that tends to offset the overpriced housing market.
You don't think traffic and pollution are horrible in Phoenix? Where have you been? Besides, the finer amenities that Phoenix doesn't have, but northern Cali has a plethora of, overshadow their negative points.

Quote:
and seriously - you want to talk about unfriendly, snobby people? Geez, CA is king of that mountain. I've never met a higher number of materialistic unfriendly people then in CA. When we went to Legoland, which is a stinkin amusement park for young kids, I couldn't believe how many botoxed, lipo'd, fake boobed moms wearing mini skirts and high heels pushing their strollers we saw. It was laughable.
Again, you're talking about a different section of California than where I lived.
My neighbors in San Jose were decent, friendly, and professional; as were all my co-workers. I doubt if any of them could be described as snobby - just career-focussed and hard-working.

Quote:
And the really funny thing is that you're talking so badly about a city that your mother lived for 50 yrs so you're putting her down in the same breath that you're putting all of us uneducated, superficial people.
The funny thing is my mother agrees with me about how Phoenix has changed for the worst. How is that putting her down? She feels like she's stuck here. That's how a lot of elderly people tend to be - resistent to change.
If you cared for the elders of your family - or even volunteered in a nursing facility once in a while - you would understand that this is how they are. They need assistance, love, and even a change of scenery - even though they may fight it.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:25 PM

53 posts, read 201,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose168 View Post
I'm a new member to the board, but not new to the valley. I was born in Phoenix, grew up here. I remember when cotton fields dominated the landscape, when I-17 was completed - it was simply called Black Canyon Highway back then. Wallace and Ladmo, cruising on Central, Legend City - the good old days.
I moved to San Jose California in the mid-'80s to pursue my career path. I recently moved back to the valley to care for my mother who is unable to care for herself. Things have sure changed, sorry to say for the worst.
Phoenix has gone from being a small friendly city to an oversized, unfriendly, spread-out suburb of nothing. I can overlook the fact that traffic congestion is bad>>>>>>>>> heck, I lived in Cali for 20 years. But the way people drive here is astounding. If you're not going 25 miles over the speed limit, you're almost run off the road by ruthless jerks with a death wish. At least they're putting in speed-detection cameras, so that's a good step.
But for a metropolitan area that is now as big as the Philadelphias, the Bostons, the San Franciscos, and the Seattles, this place sure behaves like a 3rd-class town. The bay area certainly had its share of problems, but at least they had culture and things to do! Want a Broadway show in Phoenix? Forget it. The attendance at the symphony orchestra concerts is meek. An active nightlife? Ha! It seems the culture here is yahoos in their lifted trucks, who can out-race each other on freeways, meth labs, illegals, car thefts. Higher education is located out of state.
Then to top it off, the so-called jobs here - what a laugh. Motorola used to be the city's major employer. Now it's Wal-Mart, part-time construction, and telemarketing call centers. Salaries that amount to slightly above min-wage levels>>>>>>>> but, you get what you pay for. That's why we have so many uneducated, uncultured clods living here. They seem to be attracted to the valley for low-cost housing and low-paying jobs.
Judging by the mentality here, I'll probably get many knee-jerk responses, telling me to move away, or go back where I came from if I don't like it here. Don't worry - that's exactly what I plan on doing as soon as I can get things settled with my mother's condition. I can move away, but it won't change the fact that my hometown has sold itself short to cheap labor, shoddy cookie-cutter housing, unchecked sprawl, and no sense of planning whatsoever. Just because Phoenix has mushroom growth doesn't mean progress for the better. Heck, the valley was more progressive in the '60s when we were a small city.
AMEN BROTHER. Outa here the sooner the better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area