Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 04:17 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
Yes, we are - heading out of the heat for awhile - jobs have ended here - and so we decided to go north to IDaho

I hope you sell soon and I wish you the best in Idaho. Hopefully more buyers will be out after school is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM

449 posts, read 1,126,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Hey guys, may be some of you already knew this link but I recently found out this cool web site where you can enter either a city/state or a specific address to see the value of houses and even see the ones that are on the market, etc.

For those who are interested: www.zillow.com
hey-thanks That's pretty cool!

Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,664 times
Be careful of zillow - it gives its own "zestimate" and it may not have the true numbers of what you may have done or the tax assessed pricing...
we were under 50,000 and our freinds home whichis 5 acres came up 200,000 below - for it did not have the right acreage down
so be very careful - with this

Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM

702 posts, read 3,152,299 times
Default When your house comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen beach gal View Post
When your house comes up in the center, click on the blue area that is your houses address and a new page will open with birdseye views of your house and most of the block. The photos are even better than "google earth." On mine I can even make out some bushes in my yard! Kind of amazing!

In my case the price was right on according to what I have personally seen for sale in my neighborhood that are like my model.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen beach gal View Post
I hears on the news within the past week or so that the state of AZ is going to, or has already, told Zillow that they can't include cost info on their website b/c it's misleading. Can't recall exact info, but it was on the local news.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
I hears on the news within the past week or so that the state of AZ is going to, or has already, told Zillow that they can't include cost info on their website b/c it's misleading. Can't recall exact info, but it was on the local news.
I did look at the townhouse that I owned and the values wre pretty darn accurate of course this may not be the case with each and every one.

I am not sure why including the cost of the house would be such a big deal?
I don't think AZ State can do much abou it after all the info is not claimed to be 100% accurate and further more this is public info.
People generally use the site to get a rough idea about the look of the property/house and its current value.

I still think it is a cool site to check out.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,241 times
Default Yep. 3 months now

Nice house too - cliveholloway.net/house (pimp)

It's a good job I telecommute and we're in no major rush. I really do feel for people who *have* to move - for whatever reason.

I'm starting to look at alternatives - maybe find someone looking for a house swap. Has anyone tried that? Or is that dead if it's not a vacation swap?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,257 times
Default Real Estate Market Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrguy View Post
Just curious to see if anyone else is having a hard time selling their house or if my agent is blowing smoke about the market right now. I have had my house for sale for six months and have not received one offer and have only had 4-5 people look at the house. It's in Phoenix over by Metro Center in a decent neighborhood and it's priced the same if not lower than everything else in the neighborhood. Should I blame the market or my realtor?
First and foremost, pricing your house based on current listed activity in the neighborhood is not how you should be considering a fair sales price for your home. If the homes in your neighborhood are priced too high then you will be too. Your listed price should be based on comparable homes that have recently sold in your neighborhood. It is a tough market right now, but not so bad if you're priced right and your home shows nicely. Is your home in selling condition? Are you priced fair in comparison to recent sales similar to your home? Are you highlighting your homes unique features? Is your Realtor promoting your property or only putting it on MLS and sticking a sign in your front yard? It takes more effort and ingenuity to sell a house right now, but if done right, it will sell. [mod]you're going too far with promoting your business [/mod] It's a simple law of supply and demand. If supply goes up and demand goes down, price comes down too. The Dirt Diva

Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM

702 posts, read 3,152,299 times
Default Appraisal Board Goes After Zillow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
I read the news article. The Appraisal Board, representing licensed appraisers, was attempting to stop Zillow from giving appraisals without a license. Zillow responded by saying that they don't give appraisals; they give estimates.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,942,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
When your house comes up in the center, click on the blue area that is your houses address and a new page will open with birdseye views of your house and most of the block. The photos are even better than "google earth." On mine I can even make out some bushes in my yard! Kind of amazing!
That's nothing, try local.live.com from Microsoft and click on the birdseye view or 3D, it is really detailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area