Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,984,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I'm really OK with 9 months..mid-June to mid Sept is the worst for me, it's a little longer some years, but not intolerable. If it cools off noticeably at night, I'm ok.
That's kind of how I gauge it as well. If it cools off at night, as in, under 80 degrees after say 8pm, then it's all good.

The problem is when its still 103 at 10:00pm as it happens in the middle of the summer. That's the worst and those months I can't stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 AM

307 posts, read 956,491 times
Lightbulb Must enjoy warmth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
That's kind of how I gauge it as well. If it cools off at night, as in, under 80 degrees after say 8pm, then it's all good.

The problem is when its still 103 at 10:00pm as it happens in the middle of the summer. That's the worst and those months I can't stand.
Let's face it - you must love warmth living in this area of the country we call the Sonoran Desert.

If you cannot stand the heat, just remove yourself from it. Even if financially, you cannot move right now, then plan vacations around the hottest months of the year!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 AM

549 posts, read 1,564,686 times
Quote:

Right - in some ways, it's better than in the midwest in winter, because if you're at work all day, it doesn't really matter what temperature it is outside. So if I go to work and it's 75, and I leave work and it's 80, it doesn't really matter if it was 105 in between - I'm inside. Whereas in the midwest in winter, it's 20 and dark when I go to work and 20 and dark when I go home - and that gets depressing after a while. But yes, those few months where you go outside and it's 95 degrees at 9 PM - I don't care if it's a "dry heat," that's just oppressive.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synapse View Post
Right - in some ways, it's better than in the midwest in winter, because if you're at work all day, it doesn't really matter what temperature it is outside. So if I go to work and it's 75, and I leave work and it's 80, it doesn't really matter if it was 105 in between - I'm inside. Whereas in the midwest in winter, it's 20 and dark when I go to work and 20 and dark when I go home - and that gets depressing after a while. But yes, those few months where you go outside and it's 95 degrees at 9 PM - I don't care if it's a "dry heat," that's just oppressive.
thats pool weather. Its fun to play in the pool when its 103 at 10 pm. When ya got lemons, make lemonaide folks. Then you get out of the pool, and you dry off in 15 minutes.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 AM

288 posts, read 853,805 times
I loved Tucson but moved to Phoenix because my husband got a good job offer from a childhood friend (they grew up in Glendale). We stayed there for 7 years and finally escaped, whoohoo!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,328,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoWhere View Post
Followed my then boyfriend out from VA in 1988 when he got hired at America West. Broke up 6 years later and didn't have a way to move out of here. Met someone better and we hope to find something that suits us better.

I am so sick of the heat I could scream. It's bad enough when it's 5-6 months out of the year. Right now, I'm practically Postal or suicidal. It absolutely SUCKS that it is near 90 degrees in FEBRUARY and MARCH! Honest to God, I could just cry! I keep praying we find a better place to live and get the heck out of here!

You might want to try Las Vegas. I am originally from Phoenix and I can tell you it is definitely cooler here. So far this year, the hottest we have got is 75 degrees, and that was on Monday and yesterday. The summer is hot, but not as hot and less humidity than Phoenix. And, of course, way more entertainment and nightlife.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,727,990 times
Quote:

Where are you from? Even in California it's hot during some of the nights. Now im really confused, where are you from?

Old 03-04-2009, 03:32 PM

116 posts, read 369,532 times
work advancement, and i was just thinking about moving from los angeles after some inner city riots dealing with the rodney king beating issue.

i had chances to move again but at that time (mid 1990s) very easy to buy a new home, not so populated and i had a job with the same employer in los angeles.

i would probably move again, but somewhere not so populated.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,979 times
Mopved out here in 2005 for school and now that I accomplished NOTHING since then I'm moving the HELL out of this dry, tastless, lacking culture of a city in the desert with its IGNORANT ass people and backstabbing crowds. The city is headed to corruption and lately not even the once safe Scottsdale is safed anymore. Phoenix is getting dangerous and the native Phoenicians well the ones who live in the city SUCK!!! The gay scene is dead and EVERY last one of them with it.

Bottom line this city is a gigantic toliet...

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM

17,916 posts, read 43,579,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAngelBacerott View Post
Mopved out here in 2005 for school and now that I accomplished NOTHING since then I'm moving the HELL out of this dry, tastless, lacking culture of a city in the desert with its IGNORANT ass people and backstabbing crowds. The city is headed to corruption and lately not even the once safe Scottsdale is safed anymore. Phoenix is getting dangerous and the native Phoenicians well the ones who live in the city SUCK!!! The gay scene is dead and EVERY last one of them with it.

Bottom line this city is a gigantic toliet...
Second post same as the first.

If you accomplished "nothing" here that is YOUR fault. Your life here is, or was, what you made it. If you didn't find whatever it was you are looking for in your life here and like the Northwest better, go home.

Sounds like there is a lot more going on with you than you just don't like it here. And no city, not this one, not Seattle, is responsible for that. Hope you find a happy life somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area