Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 07:54 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times

Advertisements

We spent the afternoon in Tartesso. Nice homes, but lots of empties and foreclosures. The area was generally clean and the new school is very nice.

It may work for some, but not us. It is 12 miles one way to shopping, Fry's, Home Depot, Pet Smart etc. A long round trip for groceries.

A nice community, but a pool and some parks, not much to do. Maybe great for some, but just too remote and far from everything for us.

We talked to one salesperson and she said there are only selling 1 home a month. May be many many years before a comeback.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:47 PM

682 posts, read 2,565,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
We spent the afternoon in Tartesso. Nice homes, but lots of empties and foreclosures. The area was generally clean and the new school is very nice.

It may work for some, but not us. It is 12 miles one way to shopping, Fry's, Home Depot, Pet Smart etc. A long round trip for groceries.

A nice community, but a pool and some parks, not much to do. Maybe great for some, but just too remote and far from everything for us.

We talked to one salesperson and she said there are only selling 1 home a month. May be many many years before a comeback.
We felt the same way when we went out there several years ago. Buckeye has been developed in a hit and miss fashion with communities scattered all over the place and many are far away from any basic shopping center.

We ended up buying a house in the Palm Valley area of Goodyear and love it here. There are tons of places to shop and the roads are wide and easy to travel on.

altus2006

Old 03-14-2009, 06:04 PM

38 posts, read 84,384 times
Purchased a home there a few months ago (used as a second home).

True, it's not for everyone, however, the home values are fantastic, nice area, fantastically quiet, great potential.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:22 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,997,265 times
It'll be interesting to see what pops up out there in the next ten years. Sadly, I don't think much will happen while the economy and housing market is like it is.

However, maybe.. 15 years down the road - The area has a good chance of being pretty nice.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 PM

38 posts, read 84,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
It'll be interesting to see what pops up out there in the next ten years. Sadly, I don't think much will happen while the economy and housing market is like it is.

However, maybe.. 15 years down the road - The area has a good chance of being pretty nice.
Possibly, however with all the money the fed has pumped and will continue to pump into the system, along with mortgage incentives, low interest rates, great housing prices, we may see improvement in as little as 5 years.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM

5 posts, read 11,519 times
My husband and I will be retiring and moving to AZ in the near future. We also looked at Tartesso, but have questions on HOA's. We have three large dogs and wonder if that is going to be a problem. Commute is not a problem for us. My husband would like more land "1 acre plus" for storing our motor home. Would some of these other developments accommodate us better for pets and RVs. Is there a phone # or sales office to talk to someone. We sent an email, but would like to speak in person to ask our questions. Someone mentioned a sales rep said there are many empty homes. Who would be contact to find out about them?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
Zoyasmom,

You are better off going into a community that does not have an HOA if you are talking about a lot that large and where you can store an RV. Many HOA's do not allow RV storage on site unless in a garage (which you would have to build and would have to meet HOA approval - good luck). There are plenty of such areas that are still nice such as Litchfield Park and some of the more remote areas of Buckeye, Goodyear, or Avondale so I don't think you'd have a problem finding a large country lot that would work.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,172,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoyasmom1 View Post
My husband and I will be retiring and moving to AZ in the near future. We also looked at Tartesso, but have questions on HOA's. We have three large dogs and wonder if that is going to be a problem. Commute is not a problem for us. My husband would like more land "1 acre plus" for storing our motor home. Would some of these other developments accommodate us better for pets and RVs. Is there a phone # or sales office to talk to someone. We sent an email, but would like to speak in person to ask our questions. Someone mentioned a sales rep said there are many empty homes. Who would be contact to find out about them?
I found this in a recent Tartesso Community HOA newsletter:

"In addition, parking or storage of trailers, campers, boats, RV’s or similar work or recreational vehicles is prohibited. These vehicles cannot be parked on the street or stored where visible on your property."

So your RV will probably not be welcomed in Tartesso. You did not state your requirements, but there are certainly areas were RVs (and dogs) are not an issue. Also, planned communities like Tartesso typically require dogs to be leased when outside of their home/yard.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post

Hmm. Sounds like my kind of place . That is what it was like in Estrella when I moved here except there were no foreclosures. Loved it then, really beginning to dislike it now with all the development that has happened. It took about 15 years for it to go to pot though.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 PM

5 posts, read 11,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
I found this in a recent Tartesso Community HOA newsletter:

"In addition, parking or storage of trailers, campers, boats, RV’s or similar work or recreational vehicles is prohibited. These vehicles cannot be parked on the street or stored where visible on your property."

So your RV will probably not be welcomed in Tartesso. You did not state your requirements, but there are certainly areas were RVs (and dogs) are not an issue. Also, planned communities like Tartesso typically require dogs to be leased when outside of their home/yard.

I guess we will have to find other storage for the RV. Our dogs are always on leash. We were wondering if there was a limit to how many dogs are allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area