Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 11:19 PM

6 posts, read 39,378 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Scottsdale Arizona for my husbands work. Now I need to find a job fast. Any tips on major companies that are hiring?

I am currently a Sales Officer for a Japanese owned bank in California, I have business development and outside sales experience. What would field would be good to get into?

Any tips would help,

thanks!

Syl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 03:17 AM

13 posts, read 79,218 times
Technology... Software/network and storage systems.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:28 AM

29 posts, read 123,224 times
The University of Phoenix always seems to be hiring. Enrollment Counselor might be a good position for you. Basically selling the school's program to prospective students. It's pretty much all over the phone and/or email.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM

16 posts, read 26,554 times
Check you mail Caliblossom

Old 04-04-2009, 07:01 PM

6 posts, read 39,378 times
Hey guys i am in phoenix now and love every part of it! I have scoped out the major corproations to start my job search when I get home. I am planning to move out here the end of July and hope to have a job before moving so. They dus 22 how to I respond to your e-mail LOL???!

Thanks znhour! I noted alot of University of Phoenix buildings EVERYWHERE, I would give it a shot.

Thanks and keep the feedback coming if you have it.

Loving it' Cuteblossom

Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecaliblossom View Post
I am relocating to Scottsdale Arizona for my husbands work. Now I need to find a job fast. Any tips on major companies that are hiring?

I am currently a Sales Officer for a Japanese owned bank in California, I have business development and outside sales experience. What would field would be good to get into?

Any tips would help,

thanks!

Syl
Ok, can you speak Japanese? What about repping other companies from Japan in the Phoenix market? My wife works out of the house for a company in St louis. She tele-commutes to work every day and then she flies out every other week to go do audits in various states.

She has a load of Frequent Flier mileage and she always get up grades at the Hilton.

Have you thought about doing something like that? You would on the road 1 or 2 weeks out of the month, but the pay is good. And you, because you are in sales, sales is one of the hardest fields to be in. (too much rejection for me) you could get a sales job doing anything.

I would recommend a head hunter for international sales. With your banking experience, you would be very valuable to an international company like you have in Japan.

Wait! Hold everything. There is a publishing company in Phoenix that puts out a magazine. Check this link out:Phoenix Business Journal: Local Business News |

Plus, check out this magazine: Ranking Arizona - Vote here for your favorite Companies

This magazine will cost about $40.00 to send to you. But it is the best tool you can get that has all of the top companies within the area. You name it, it's in this magazine!

If you need more help, PM me and I will what I can do for you.

Head coach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area