Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,702,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I see free opinion reigns truth here!!! NOT.
Why do you hate AZ so much, seriously? I want to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I see free opinion reigns truth here!!! NOT.
Gotta love the double standard. So you want to be able to post an inflammatory attention grabbing post criticizing Phoenix in a Phoenix forum. Yet, you don't want to extend that courtesy to anyone else to allow them to similarly respond aka a free opinion. Seriously, what did you expect? If I posted a similar thread on the San Fran forum, I wouldn't whine about free opinions if I got criticized in return. It comes with the territory. If you can't handle criticism then don't post threads like this to begin with.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 04-01-2009 at 11:21 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Gotta love the double standard. So you want to be able to post an inflammatory attention grabbing post criticizing Phoenix in a Phoenix forum. Yet, you don't want to extend that courtesy to anyone else to allow them to similarly respond aka a free opinion. Seriously, what did you expect? If I posted a similar thread on the San Fran forum, I wouldn't whine about free opinions if I got criticized in return. It comes with the territory. If you can't handle criticism then don't post threads like this to begin with.
Uh huh.

Unless it was stone cold factual (very high cost of living comes to mind); if I were to post on the SF Bay Area Forum-----------I sure as hell would not put that place down just to be a Troll.

Just like I have little use for Tuscon; but, again I stick with the facts and have flat stated that I probably would have loved Tucson 30 years ago.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 AM

338 posts, read 1,625,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuh View Post
San Fransisco is a heaven and Phoenix is hell. Those who say just up and move, get a clue! Moving is extremely expensive, Phoenix has a sinkhole effect. This place will suck you in! I have already figured out the so called "happy" Phoenicians.
You figured out us '"so called happy Phoenicians" huh? that's funny. Whatever. People can bash the valley or the whole state for all I care. Actually, I think it would be nice to get some people out of here. One of the main reasons I moved out of the city was to get away from all the droves of people that keep coming here every year. If it's so horrible, then why does everyone and their uncle keep moving here?

Don't tell me that moving is too expensive, yes it is expensive, but it can be done economically if you really want to get out of a place bad enough. Life is way too short to live somewhere where you are miserable. I hated, and I cannot express enough how much I HATED the Midwest. I was moving back to Phoenix no matter what and we did! We had just enough money for gas, food and lodging and we packed everything up in the SUV, broke our lease and hit the highway back home to Arizona!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM

235 posts, read 756,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
You figured out us '"so called happy Phoenicians" huh? that's funny. Whatever. People can bash the valley or the whole state for all I care. Actually, I think it would be nice to get some people out of here. One of the main reasons I moved out of the city was to get away from all the droves of people that keep coming here every year. If it's so horrible, then why does everyone and their uncle keep moving here?

Don't tell me that moving is too expensive, yes it is expensive, but it can be done economically if you really want to get out of a place bad enough. Life is way too short to live somewhere where you are miserable. I hated, and I cannot express enough how much I HATED the Midwest. I was moving back to Phoenix no matter what and we did! We had just enough money for gas, food and lodging and we packed everything up in the SUV, broke our lease and hit the highway back home to Arizona!
I was suppose to be leaving may 2nd, but my girl's puppy broke its leg jumping down some stairs and need a very expensive operation. We had to push our move back to June

Old 04-02-2009, 11:08 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
I was suppose to be leaving may 2nd, but my girl's puppy broke its leg jumping down some stairs and need a very expensive operation. We had to push our move back to June
Did he eat your homework too?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:18 PM

725 posts, read 2,323,016 times
There's good and bad about all Cities!!!!!

I'm fairly new here and I don't find everything about Phx. to be perfect, but what place is?

I could come on here and beetch about Pink Taco and Fox Sports Grill at Westgate closing down while dozens of Wal-Marts and Taco Bells stay open. Or how about the possibility of the Phx. Coyotes moving out. Hearing those things makes me wonder about this place sometimes.

But you take the good with the bad. I find more good things about Phx. so far than there are to gripe about, so I stay and put up with the things I don't like too well. That's life!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:32 PM

338 posts, read 1,625,178 times
Quote:
that's too bad about the puppy- I hope he will be ok. That's a good reason for not being able to leave yet. But that's good that you are leaving in June. I hate when people complain about it here but they don't so anything about it.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM

235 posts, read 756,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
that's too bad about the puppy- I hope he will be ok. That's a good reason for not being able to leave yet. But that's good that you are leaving in June. I hate when people complain about it here but they don't so anything about it.
Thank you very much. Thank god, she made it out of surgery and she is A-ok. She acts like she doesn't have a giant cast on her arm lol . Its pathetic and adorable at the same time. I really wanted to leave AZ before the summer hit, but I guess a little bit more wont kill.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:43 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Poor puppy. Glad she is doing so well. Pups are so resilient about this stuff, and they take casts and things like that in stride. You'll still be out before the worst of the summer (the humid part, to me, is worse than the dry heat of June).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area