Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:09 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Still never say never...as it could well be over 95° next week, get it right girl. So is it still never over 95° in NYC?

LOL, you don't want to compare living situations here! Trust me. We have sunny days 99% of the year, so yes thank you, I will enjoy it! Call center, honey, you poor thing...if you only knew! And plenty of cafes to walk to in my historic downtown neighborhood. Its beautiful to be outside in Phoenix, especially late Sept through early June. Then there's my swimming pool..."everybody" has one here, LOL! Enjoy "fashion school and [your]...[shoebox] Manhattan studio." Plenty of movies and shows set and filmed in Phoenix...just visit Phoenix' Film Office...

omg im having so much fun arguing with you! Its like arguing with my sister whom i miss dearly.

i have a pool at my house in ohio lol.

historic downtown? your city is about 5 minutes old compared to new york.

also things are quite exciting now. there was a sex and the city open call last week and about 5,000 people showed up! I even saw Mr Big jogging down 6th Ave!

i also love my shoe box. in the CUTEST neighbor hood. so many cute guys but they all like eachother oh well..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,021,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
omg im having so much fun arguing with you! Its like arguing with my sister whom i miss dearly.

i have a pool at my house in ohio lol.

historic downtown? your city is about 5 minutes old compared to new york.

also things are quite exciting now. there was a sex and the city open call last week and about 5,000 people showed up! I even saw Mr Big jogging down 6th Ave!

i also love my shoe box. in the CUTEST neighbor hood. so many cute guys but they all like eachother oh well..
So true, I probably could be your "big sister," LOL, but you'd have to watch some football, baseball, etc. with me...Ask my "sister" poster twiggy, there is only one thing worse than a woman's scorn, a gay man's...there is no winning an argument with us...just ask the girls from Sex and the City, there was even an episode co-dedicated to that!

Phoenix and other cities like Tucson were founded by ancient, and advanced civilizations and by Europeans in the 1500's...Santa Fe, Arizona's original territorial capital for example is the oldest Capital city in the U.S and founded in the early 1500's. New York isn't necesarily older, just has more 1600's colonial roots and population...

You do know a HUGE number of celebrities live in Phoenix, right? Even if they have no roots or ties to this city...

So you live near the Village...not my definition of cute, but se la vie.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 08-16-2009 at 10:28 PM..

Old 08-16-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
So true, I probably could be your "big sister," LOL, but you'd have to watch some football, baseball, etc. with me...Ask my "sister" poster twiggy, there is only one thing worse than a woman's scorn, a gay man's...there is no winning an argument with us...just ask the girls from Sex and the City, there was even an episode co-dedicated to that!

Phoenix and other cities like Tucson where founded by ancient, and advanced civilizations and by Europeans in the 1500's...Santa Fe, Arizona's original territorial capital for example is the oldest Capital city in the U.S and founded in the early 1500's. New York isn't necesarily older, just has more 1600's colonial roots and population...

You do know a HUGE number of celebrities live in Phoenix, right? Even if they have no roots or ties to this city...

they have homes in phoenix but not many of them actually live there year round. why would they? most of their agents are out of LA and NYC. Alot of stars actually LIVE in NYC. like Big he actually lives here. Sarah Jessica Parker lives here alot of the time too. Madonna just bought a palace or something too. NYC is were celebs go to be "normal" people and its not uncommon to see them just walking aroud becasue people tend to not notice since they are so used to celebs just being around.

and as for gay men. honey. where i live is second to only province town MA on the east coast. do you even know about Chelsea in NYC? I dont even bother trying to make eye contact with any of the men since I already know they arent intrested.

Also its Saks 5th Ave, Barney's New York, DKNY just to name a few...but i guess Arizona jeans at JC Penny's are just as good

Old 08-16-2009, 09:56 PM

[quote]
Quote:
they have homes in phoenix but not many of them actually live there year round. why would they? most of their agents are out of LA and NYC. Alot of stars actually LIVE in NYC. like Big he actually lives here. Sarah Jessica Parker lives here alot of the time too. Madonna just bought a palace or something too. NYC is were celebs go to be "normal" people and its not uncommon to see them just walking aroud becasue people tend to not notice since they are so used to celebs just being around.
Girly, girl you have a LOT to learn; not only do they live here year round, but many own multiple houses...celebs from Charles Barkely to Stevie Nicks to Mike Tyson, LOL!...plenty of normal people here who DON'T make a big deal out of their presence. No paparazzi in huge numbers swarming their every move like in L.A. and N.Y.C. They are always out and about and often "spotted" but it isn't reported here...they just want to live comfortably...Mike Tyson often gets arrested here, LOL, but only makes a blip on the Phoenix news scene but it is splashed all over the national news.

Quote:
and as for gay men. honey. where i live is second to only province town MA on the east coast. do you even know about Chelsea in NYC? I dont even bother trying to make eye contact with any of the men since I already know they arent intrested.
On the east coast that's great! Phoenix has one of the highest numbers of "the community" per capita in the U.S. I'm sure that is what you mean when you say second only to Province Town, MA? I've heard of Chelsea, but the village, that's the gay spot...as for Phoenix its Melrose, Uptown, Coronado, and Roosevelt!

Quote:
Also its Saks 5th Ave, Barney's New York, DKNY just to name a few...but i guess Arizona jeans at JC Penny's are just as good
You mean the Saks near downtown and uptown Phoenix at the Biltmore Fashion Park next to Coach, Escada, Hyde Park, and the Clotherie? Or the Barney's New York opening in Scottsdale? Have you heard of Molina, or Tom Ford's very important agency in Phoenix...being in fashion school you should know ALL about Tom Ford (or must you google it?)!

Last edited by fcorrales80; 08-16-2009 at 10:12 PM..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 AM

[quote=fcorrales80;10311154]
Quote:

You mean the Saks near downtown and uptown Phoenix at the Biltmore Fashion Park next to Coach, Escada, Hyde Park, and the Clotherie? Or the Barney's New York opening in Scottsdale? Have you heard of Molina, or Tom Ford's very important agency in Phoenix...being in fashion school you should know ALL about Tom Ford (or must you google it?)!

I meant more like these stores are based out of new york. Sakes 5th Avenue is based on 5th Avenue New York City. You can have all teh Bareney's you want in Scottsdale its still Barney's NYC. You don't see a store opening here called "Barney's Scottsdale" but they do have AZ Jeans at Pennys i guess

Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM

[quote=ohiogirl22;10315316]
Quote:

I meant more like these stores are based out of new york. Sakes 5th Avenue is based on 5th Avenue New York City. You can have all teh Bareney's you want in Scottsdale its still Barney's NYC. You don't see a store opening here called "Barney's Scottsdale" but they do have AZ Jeans at Pennys i guess
LOL, what are they teaching you in that "Fashion School" in NYC? Arizona Jeans aren't from Arizona, they are based in Dallas, TX! I guess Texas Jeans or Dallas Jeans just doesn't have the cool rep like Arizona, LOL! But those two versions remind me of "remember the Alamo" or episodes of DALLAS and that theme song I used to hear as a little kid when my mom would watch the show...LOL! They also have a corner in the market with the tween population.

And the rest doesn't make sense, if those stores from NY are in Phoenix, what does it matter...many of the designers that supply the stores aren't based in NY, but from all over the country; including L.A., Phoenix, Chicago, Miami, etc Good luck in your fashion studies! Hey look, I may have just supplied you some answers for a test at fashion school.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,802 times
Quote:
the section that never gets above 95 degrees
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: 95F @ 60% humidity (NYC) equals 114F here

NSiS: The Heat Index
So you just decided to look over this little tid bit? I thought the weather argument was a pretty big one for you.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,084,332 times
Quote:

Phoenix and other cities like Tucson were founded by ancient, and advanced civilizations and by Europeans in the 1500's...Santa Fe, Arizona's original territorial capital for example is the oldest Capital city in the U.S and founded in the early 1500's. New York isn't necesarily older, just has more 1600's colonial roots and population...

Cough, cough, um, this is very true!
You owe me a night of fun sweaty dancing in a Phoenix gay bar Fcorr!
OHIO, you go girl, give it a whirl, try not to get dizzy on that ride! lol

Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,084,332 times
[quote=ohiogirl22;10315316]
Quote:

OOOOOOHHHHHHH, SMACK!

BUT.............Aw, he got you were it hurts, they aren't from Arizona. Neither is Penny's. We just have Salsa. lol Oh, wait, thats Texas too!
Well, we do have the Male ASU calender.

By the way, I'm moving back East girl and can't wait to hit NYC for christmas shopping!!!!! Yeay!!!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 AM

[quote=twiggy;10345163]
Quote:

By the way, I'm moving back East girl and can't wait to hit NYC for christmas shopping!!!!! Yeay!!!!!

Yay Isn't it the best? I love walking down 5th and looking in the windows and hitting up little Soho Botiques. After all new york is the center of the universe! i mean literally its and Alpha++ city. the only one similar is London.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area