Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,456,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Don't worry fcorrales80 is a troll he just posts to get a rise out of people. Uf you look at his posts all he does is argue.
I don't think fcorrales is a troll at all. I disagree with his unabashed praise of all things Phoenix, but he's no troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 05:23 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,769,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't think fcorrales is a troll at all. I disagree with his unabashed praise of all things Phoenix, but he's no troll.
He argues just to argue and its always about stupid crap. To me that is trolling.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:36 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,456,095 times
Trolls (and we have had them here, they show up on any forum) don't have almost 1500 posts.

I don't think it can really be said that in all those posts he's "always arguing" about "stupid stuff". It's easy to fall into a state of arguing for the sake of arguing ( or what appears like it) about certain issues. IMO, that doesn't make anyone a real "troll".

Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,728,930 times
Quote:
Trolls (and we have had them here, they show up on any forum) don't have almost 1500 posts.

I don't think it can really be said that in all those posts he's "always arguing" about "stupid stuff". It's easy to fall into a state of arguing for the sake of arguing ( or what appears like it) about certain issues. IMO, that doesn't make anyone a real "troll".
Agreed. From the posts I've read, he isn't a troll.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:09 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,769,592 times
Quote:

having 1500 posts don't make you exempt from trolling. He always hijacks threads to argue about stupid thing. Maybe its his fault for being easily baited into it. But he went from a well respected posted to one to ignored very quickly.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,025,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
having 1500 posts don't make you exempt from trolling. He always hijacks threads to argue about stupid thing. Maybe its his fault for being easily baited into it. But he went from a well respected posted to one to ignored very quickly.
There always has to be a "hater." LOL, I don't deny that I argue; I've told those who argue with me that when I am right I don't abandon my point of view or opinion because someone resorts to name calling. However, I am no troll. I hate even using the word to describe people unless absolutely necessary. However, I don't have a problem pointing out when someone comes close to that line. Take for instance, you. Because you happen to disagree with points of views on this forum, most notably mine, you resort to name calling, self-appointed judge and jury, and an ego-centric "voice of reason."

Now, I don't deny being a pro-Phoenix poster. Is there a problem with this? In the sea of anti-Phoenix and Phoenix bashing attitudes, I don't mind posting comments that are sure to hit the core of some of the anti-Phoenix sentiments which usually result in a "heated" rebuttal or name calling. But that's what this forum is for (minus the name calling). We put out our opinions and if a debate and conversation ensue then, long live a healthy discussion. However, many times those that choose to argue with me become frustrated and can't defend their stances; consequently, leading to them calling me names and taking the thread of topic. Hmmmm, kind of like your posts. I apologize to everyone for yet again "hijacking" another thread to clear my name. Thank you for your time!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 PM

Observer53...thank you for the link and city ordinances. This will actually be personally useful.

azfrybaby...thank YOU for injecting some much needed humor into this thread. I was starting to feel bullied and sad because everyone was calling me names. LOL

Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
We put a fountain in our courtyard and the minute we filled it with water, we had "new pets". They won't come around when the pump is on though. It's a shame - we only fill it with water now if we're having company over. I have pet parrots, and am a bird person, so the idea of shooting them seems cruel to me, but I might have to resort to that to reclaim my property!
i am a bird person too, and feel shooting them is wrong. i feed them. there are other ways to get them to leave.
btw i am hijacking this thread LOL !!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
I'm having a moderately tough time down here in Tucson with pigeons at our small townhouse complex....they seem to like shaded, protected perches....scuppers, under the roof-top heat pumps, tops of awnings, etc...they pooh all over....stinks....dirty flying rats.....

we're having some decent luck with the sticky glue-like anti-bird stuff applied with a caulk gun....I've applied it to the parapets, awning tops, and they stay away from those spots....available at Ace.....

there is also, of course, bird spikes, but they're not attractive and are expensive...they do the job, though....

unfortunately, they sometimes nest here now and I go up on the roof every month or so and sweep up the nests, eggs, and, occasionally, freshly-hatched babies.....into the trash it all goes.....kinda feel sorry for the chicks, I guess.....

I recommend the sticky glue-like stuff, but you can't cover every square inch of space.....try to apply it to obvious perches, ledges, roof peaks, etc....

any other ideas?.....somebody recommended anti-freeze dipped french fries.....I'm ready to try that next, but I know there are other birds out there!!

thats messed up, you should feel bad. i would report you if you were my neighbor. they are living things that dont deserve to suffer just because you dont like them. and obviously you have never had an animal die from anit freeze poisioning its horrible how they suffer, sickening. i had idiot neighbors who feed antifreeze to my 5 yr old daughters cat just because they couldnt have the cat. he suffered terrible.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
i am a bird person too, and feel shooting them is wrong. i feed them. there are other ways to get them to leave.
btw i am hijacking this thread LOL !!!!
Good job!!! Now I am not the lone hijacker on the Phoenix forum.

I just realized what you said and recognized my similar behavior. I feed the pigeons along with the duck and swan (and whatever other fowl is around) when visiting areas such as the park or park-like area. This leads me to the belief and realization that the urban pigeon population might be slightly more "appreciated" in comparison to their suburban counterparts.

Whereas urban dwellers will take to feeding and throwing breadcrumbs, suburbanites will shoot them and use them as target practice! LOL! I guess in some way, pigeons are an urban fixture as they inhabit almost every urban place on the planet. Ever been to Europe or NYC??? Then you know what I mean. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with this post and come off as argumentative...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area