Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Good job!!! Now I am not the lone hijacker on the Phoenix forum.

I just realized what you said and recognized my similar behavior. I feed the pigeons along with the duck and swan (and whatever other fowl is around) when visiting areas such as the park or park-like area. This leads me to the belief and realization that the urban pigeon population might be slightly more "appreciated" in comparison to their suburban counterparts.

Whereas urban dwellers will take to feeding and throwing breadcrumbs, suburbanites will shoot them and use them as target practice! LOL! I guess in some way, pigeons are an urban fixture as they inhabit almost every urban place on the planet. Ever been to Europe or NYC??? Then you know what I mean. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with this post and come off as argumentative...
LOL i know what you mean. I dont know where they think the pigeons are suppose to go? they kinda come with the territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
There always has to be a "hater." LOL, I don't deny that I argue; I've told those who argue with me that when I am right I don't abandon my point of view or opinion because someone resorts to name calling. However, I am no troll. I hate even using the word to describe people unless absolutely necessary. However, I don't have a problem pointing out when someone comes close to that line. Take for instance, you. Because you happen to disagree with points of views on this forum, most notably mine, you resort to name calling, self-appointed judge and jury, and an ego-centric "voice of reason."

Now, I don't deny being a pro-Phoenix poster. Is there a problem with this? In the sea of anti-Phoenix and Phoenix bashing attitudes, I don't mind posting comments that are sure to hit the core of some of the anti-Phoenix sentiments which usually result in a "heated" rebuttal or name calling. But that's what this forum is for (minus the name calling). We put out our opinions and if a debate and conversation ensue then, long live a healthy discussion. However, many times those that choose to argue with me become frustrated and can't defend their stances; consequently, leading to them calling me names and taking the thread of topic. Hmmmm, kind of like your posts. I apologize to everyone for yet again "hijacking" another thread to clear my name. Thank you for your time!
LOL...some people are so stuck, not sure why, but I am like you (FC80)and choose to bring the subject up that comes to mind...I don't believe what I'm seeing here with 'strict' regulations...now in Alaska, we go A-WOL on a regular basis and not too many complain...we are friends and just go for it...we go with the flow...and most new comers get it and feel welcome because of that...straying and arguing is not trolling.
this is going to be my new home and life is too short, I would like to have some fun...FC80 has been here a while, ... there are others I've see that are questionable, but...maybe playing a little bit brings more traffic and more fun...I am totally twitching on these critter threads, even though I know they are there....

Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
You guys ever had quail? I used to hunt them, they make a nice dinner.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:52 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,014,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
You guys ever had quail? I used to hunt them, they make a nice dinner.
I have, and quail eggs...shhhhhhh don't tell jaada!

Old 07-10-2009, 01:03 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,763,084 times
I do have to agree the pigeon problem is out of control. the past couple years they keep making a nest on the lege over the garage. No matter how many times I get rid of them they come back. I gets effin annoying.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
I do have to agree the pigeon problem is out of control. the past couple years they keep making a nest on the lege over the garage. No matter how many times I get rid of them they come back. I gets effin annoying.
Get BugBusters or a similar company to come and put the spiky stuff that keeps them from nesting/resting/roosting. I have two big pillars in my entry that used to attract them-- they put the spikes up there, and painted them to match the pillars. Only the pigeons, and I, know they are there.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:58 PM

611 posts, read 1,990,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
i am a bird person too, and feel shooting them is wrong. i feed them. there are other ways to get them to leave.
btw i am hijacking this thread LOL !!!!
AHHH!!! POISON!!!! Great idea!

Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Ugh they are all over in Phoenix too- I hate it.
And in Chandler. It's getting worse. I actually found this forum googling for "Phoenix AZ pigeon pandemic". I don't know what to do about it. I might try the CDs. Ug.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Get BugBusters or a similar company to come and put the spiky stuff that keeps them from nesting/resting/roosting. I have two big pillars in my entry that used to attract them-- they put the spikes up there, and painted them to match the pillars. Only the pigeons, and I, know they are there.
Then you see them sitting on the spikes. It's pointless. We will all drown in pigeon crap.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendib View Post
And in Chandler. It's getting worse. I actually found this forum googling for "Phoenix AZ pigeon pandemic". I don't know what to do about it. I might try the CDs. Ug.
Try the CD's, Bendib.

The Pigeons down quickly befriended the fake Owl and simply learned to step over the spike things but, so far, have yet to figure out the CD's are harmless. Two plus years and not one single Pigeon Poop . . . KNOCK ON WOOD!

Maybe they all relocated to Chandler.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area