Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Recent college graduate living in Orlando Florida, seeking information about Phoenix, Charlotte, Austin, cost of living, entertainment options for young people

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:58 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,967,334 times

Advertisements

I'm talking about illegal immigrants they are living here illegal and not documented. Geez I'm married to an hispanic person from Florida. He wasn't born here but he's legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 08:22 PM

304 posts, read 857,401 times
Default What's That About!

I am not of hispanic descent, I am a black woman. My question to everyone is: what's wrong with mexicans? Everyone speaks of them like they're diseased! Don't you love to eat their food? Are they not the reason why so many houses are being build in new communities. They sweat...for pennies. They often are ridiculed, despised...why? Look at their fabulous history! Get over yourselves! Often in life, people who despise other races and nationalities are insecure with their own. The USA is filled with immigrants, and honestly it belongs to the indians. So next time anyone refers to "the mexicans"...remember... they are the ones who helped build your fabulous house! Many times these homes are build by illegal aliens. Now do I agree with illegal aliens...no, but let's not put everyone in the same basket! Yes they work at McDonalds...and? Didn't they take your order? Yes they work in hotels, didn't they clean your room?
Stop lowering people for the sake of building yourself up!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
I am not of hispanic descent, I am a black woman. My question to everyone is: what's wrong with mexicans? Everyone speaks of them like they're diseased! Don't you love to eat their food? Are they not the reason why so many houses are being build in new communities. They sweat...for pennies. They often are ridiculed, despised...why? Look at their fabulous history! Get over yourselves! Often in life, people who despise other races and nationalities are insecure with their own. The USA is filled with immigrants, and honestly it belongs to the indians. So next time anyone refers to "the mexicans"...remember... they are the ones who helped build your fabulous house! Many times these homes are build by illegal aliens. Now do I agree with illegal aliens...no, but let's not put everyone in the same basket! Yes they work at McDonalds...and? Didn't they take your order? Yes they work in hotels, didn't they clean your room?

No I don't like Mexican food at all or any hispanic food. My husband is hispanic and so are my kids so I'm hardly a racist but I have a real problem with illegal immigration of any race in this country.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:35 PM

We are talking about food here...it's much deeper! It's the "PROBLEM" people have with mexicans...how would YOU feel?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
We are talking about food here...it's much deeper! It's the "PROBLEM" people have with mexicans...how would YOU feel?

I don't know but this is turning into a political thread. They have illegal discussions in the general forum.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:57 PM

I said what i had to say.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:09 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,488,012 times
Quote:
Gerrynyc, I do apologize for everyone's referencing of 'illegal aliens' inproperly generalized as "Mexicans".
Though, majority of them appears to be South American, there are other nationalities as well. Also, majority of them are legally a part of this country for generations.

As you stated, they are working for pennies on the dollar and more importantly doing sh.t jobs that no one else seems to be willing to do but still it doesn't change the fact that the illegal immigration brought many issues along with cheap labor and a yummy cousine.
Most feel the negative factors outweigh the positive ones but that is not what this thread was about though as usual, threads get jacked or side-tracked onto other topics as it did with this one.

Again, I urge people to stop using 'Mexicans" to reference illegal aliens. I suggest everyone should stick with "illegal aliens" with no further reference to any nationality.

Regards,
~TL

Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,263,295 times
Quote:
Well put, along with TurcoLoco's comment.

I think people unfortunately use the words "illegal immigrants/aliens" interchangeably with "Mexicans" especially ppl who live in those states near the border. It's unfortunate that these people who make comments think they know what they are talking about but when in fact, they don't.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we do have a problem with illegal immigration but the answer isn't "Blame it on the Mexicans". Maybe Mexico needs to change their own social problems first before we can do anything about our problem with them crossing the borders illegally.

Maybe these impoverished countries that have no way of sustaining growth need reform in order to keep their citizens. Or perhaps all the guerilla warefare going on in 3rd world countries need to get their act together so people feel safe in their own land.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:34 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
It seems the mere mention of immigration derails posts anymore. Let's get it back on track please. Would the OP like Phoenix?

Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seems the mere mention of immigration derails posts anymore. Let's get it back on track please. Would the OP like Phoenix?

At this point the thread should be closed. It seems this thread has turned into a political discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area