Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,521,697 times

Advertisements

"There is no probably cause for the raids only discrimination and prejudice."

This is where we disagree. Calling the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office racists is a very serious accusation. I'm sure those who work hard as public servants within that office would take great offense at your charge.

"He broke the law."

I thought we already went over this. Was Sheriff Joe arrested? Charged with a crime? Tried? Convicted? No! The only people who have charged him with a crime are right here, and they've also acted as judge and jury. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? In this case, nobody, outside of a biased "news reporter" and some folks on this forum, have even accused him. If he broke a law, the legal system will bring justice.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 PM

"but these companies haven't been found guilty, cited, or issued an actual violation."

Did you not read the articles? In two of the three cases there have been convictions. The third case is awaiting trial.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:48 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,023,434 times
Quote:
This is where we disagree. Calling the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office racists is a very serious accusation. I'm sure those who work hard as public servants within that office would take great offense at your charge.
I think cowgirl may have called them racist but I use the words prejudicial and discriminatory which isn't exactly "racist." But YES, you are right these are very serious accusations and reason why the feds, ACLU, hispanic groups, Pew Center, etc are looking into Joe's profiling tactics and his policies.

Quote:
I thought we already went over this. Was Sheriff Joe arrested? Charged with a crime? Tried? Convicted? No! The only people who have charged him with a crime are right here, and they've also acted as judge and jury. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? In this case, nobody, outside of a biased "news reporter" and some folks on this forum, have even accused him. If he broke a law, the legal system will bring justice.
Kind of went over but not really. The fact is he did break a law and was nearly found in contempt of the court more than once. He was able to reverse some of his actions in order to avoid the contempt charges but nonetheless, that a "lawman" even came close to these formal charges is outrageous behavior on Joe's part. If it were anyone else he would conduct a full investigation. He should be investigating himself!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"but these companies haven't been found guilty, cited, or issued an actual violation."

Did you not read the articles? In two of the three cases there have been convictions. The third case is awaiting trial.
There have been convictions against the illegals and individuals but NOT the businesses. There would be no "conviction" for a business but a revocation of the business license. Basically, they would no longer be able to operate in Arizona. This has NOT happened.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 PM

From page 10 of this thread:

"according to federal and state law, the county was breaking the law and what they were doing was illegal. Arpaio only changed the passwords to law enforcement records, he did not 'seize' the county computers. No matter what he does he is prejudged before the facts are presented. Employees of the county could have compromised pending cases."

Old 09-04-2009, 06:33 PM

"I use the words prejudicial and discriminatory which isn't exactly 'racist.'"

Now you are splitting hairs.
If Sheriff Joe has broken a law, he will get what's coming to him. But just because The Arizona Republic and the ACLU and some on this thread accuse him of wrong doing does not mean he has done anything wrong. Being "investigated" means nothing unless evidence is found, a charge is filed and a jury convicts. So far, not even step one has been accomplished.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM

609 posts, read 2,119,262 times
Quote:

If Sheriff Joe has broken a law, he will get what's coming to him. But just because The Arizona Republic and the ACLU and some on this thread accuse him of wrong doing does not mean he has done anything wrong. Being "investigated" means nothing unless evidence is found, a charge is filed and a jury convicts. So far, not even step one has been accomplished.
I agree. "Go Joe"

Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 PM

28 posts, read 63,024 times
Good for you Bummer; can't help but notice how the Patriots are sadly outnumbered.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson View Post
Good for you Bummer; can't help but notice how the Patriots are sadly outnumbered.
Who exactly are the "Patriots???"

Old 09-04-2009, 11:33 PM

713 posts, read 1,462,570 times
Quote:

GoJoe is under the eye of the US DOJ. oh no, GoJoe better go run and hide. its all superficial accusations, which is a inherent part of the playing field, and none of it seems to have affected Joe A one bit.

i know there was mention that Joe A's #'s were on a decline. i have not confirmed that, but i will point out that the state of AZ is changing. McCain barely beat Barrack in AZ this last election, and just a few years ago AZ voted for a dem.

dont like him, dont vote for him. but i'm confident he'll serve yet another term. and as others have said they did, if you really dont like what he's doing then move to another county.

hey fcorrales80, can you post a copy of that letter you were writing to Joe A, you know, to kindly let him know how he can do a better job.

GoJoe..... raid and eradicate illegals ...... GoJoe.

hey looky there, maybe Joe A can start a new program called "RAE", raid and eradicate. i think i might send this to his office, maybe they can make bumper stickers of it. or maybe a "GoJoe in the morning" campaign, a bumper sticker showing a early morning raid while Joe A sips some coffee. i'd be the 1st to buy one, Joe A can use the cash to throw a party for his posse.

Last edited by Home_Kid; 09-04-2009 at 11:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area