Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 10:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Also, there are no links about Sheriff Joe on pages 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc. etc. So I have no idea what you are talking about. I, nor anyone has posted info on the sheriff winning 99% of his lawsuits.

Here's one, that's him in the back seat of the black car

YouTube - The Association: Joe Arpaio and Neo-Nazi friendship exposed!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Here's one, that's him in the back seat of the black car

YouTube - The Association: Joe Arpaio and Neo-Nazi friendship exposed!
The same type of people are the ones who voted Bush into office.

You can't help who your supporters are, that goes with anyone in a positon with power.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:50 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
The same type of people are the ones who voted Bush into office.

You can't help who your supporters are, that goes with anyone in a positon with power.
Gee looks to me like he's """Pal'in around with Domestic Terrorists"""

noting that the guy carrying the Arizona Flag is the same loon who was carrying a gun to Obamas appearnce in New Hampshire.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
"I, nor anyone has posted info on the sheriff winning 99% of his lawsuits."

Robert A said: "Joe? 9,200 prisoners per day and 2,150 lawsuits over the same period." (Sorry, I thought the quote was from you.) Also, four lawsuits where Sheriff Joe has lost were posted. If those are accurate numbers, do the math. 4 loses out of 2,150 lawsuits. As far as lawsuits go, unless you lose a lowsuit, it means nothing. I could sue you 100 times over rediculous things, and then say "fcorreles80 must be doing something wrong, look at how many times she's been sued! And look at how much it cost!" It's a logical fallacy.

And somehow Sheriff Joe has become Hitler, according to some on this board. This is turning absurd.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:27 PM

713 posts, read 1,461,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
This thread, like an old wagon wheel, is starting to wobble.

I think it's about time to get back on track with the thread title.
ah yes, the title of this thread.

yes, Joe A has contracted a form of Mad Cow Disease, so he is now "Mad With Power" and he is breaking the law and causing lots of lawsuits to be filed. oh no, what do we do? i guess we can whine about it until we cant whine any longer, and we must form opinions and offer allegations that have little or no evidence to support such claims. yes, thats it, this method of getting change is excellent.

unfortunately, i am a Joe A supporter. and look, a new bumper sticker, "Joe A is MWP", which for those who didnt get it, "Joe A is Mad With Power", and the sticker has a picture of his, as you say, "goon posse", handcuffing some folks at a raid site.

GoJoe!

Old 09-10-2009, 12:52 PM

11 posts, read 17,643 times
I SAY GOD BLESS SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO! WE NEED MORE SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO'S ACROSS THIS COUNTRY. I personally know the good Sheriff.

Last OCT. 27, 2008, in Phoenix Arizona, at the State Capital, "we", the NATIONAL VETERANS COALITION presented the good Sheriff the "AMERICA FIRST AWARD", for his and his wonderful Maricopa County Sheriff's Office's pro active policy against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and DRUG TRAFFICKING in their county.

The NVC sponsored a "SUPPORT SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO RALLY" the same day surrounding the State Capital. Afterwards, I had the pleasure and honor to meet with the Sheriff in his office. If you go to: www.nvets.org
and click on "NVC IN THE NEWS"...you will see the photo's, video etc of this rally and 'other' rallies NVC has been active with , such as TOWN HALLS & TEA PARTIES.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a U.S. Army Korean War veteran, Washington D.C. cop, DEA agent and a Maricopa County Sheriff "re-elected" many several times by the local citizens. The NVC is the veterans arm of the Constitution party.... www.constitutionparty.com Courtesy of AmericaFirstVet, Vietnam/Desert Storm veteran and Deputy Sheriff "retired" (Calif.)

Old 09-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaFirstVet View Post
I SAY GOD BLESS SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO! WE NEED MORE SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO'S ACROSS THIS COUNTRY. I personally know the good Sheriff.

Last OCT. 27, 2008, in Phoenix Arizona, at the State Capital, "we", the NATIONAL VETERANS COALITION presented the good Sheriff the "AMERICA FIRST AWARD", for his and his wonderful Maricopa County Sheriff's Office's pro active policy against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and DRUG TRAFFICKING in their county.

The NVC sponsored a "SUPPORT SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO RALLY" the same day surrounding the State Capital. Afterwards, I had the pleasure and honor to meet with the Sheriff in his office. If you go to: www.nvets.org
and click on "NVC IN THE NEWS"...you will see the photo's, video etc of this rally and 'other' rallies NVC has been active with , such as TOWN HALLS & TEA PARTIES.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a U.S. Army Korean War veteran, Washington D.C. cop, DEA agent and a Maricopa County Sheriff "re-elected" many several times by the local citizens. The NVC is the veterans arm of the Constitution party.... www.constitutionparty.com Courtesy of AmericaFirstVet, Vietnam/Desert Storm veteran and Deputy Sheriff "retired" (Calif.)
God bless you and the NVC.

and i am serious about making pro-GoJoe bumper stickers with all proceeds going to a good cause, and perhaps some of it going towards a BBQ for Joe A's office.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 PM

687 posts, read 1,946,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"I, nor anyone has posted info on the sheriff winning 99% of his lawsuits."

Robert A said: "Joe? 9,200 prisoners per day and 2,150 lawsuits over the same period." (Sorry, I thought the quote was from you.) Also, four lawsuits where Sheriff Joe has lost were posted. If those are accurate numbers, do the math. 4 loses out of 2,150 lawsuits. As far as lawsuits go, unless you lose a lowsuit, it means nothing. I could sue you 100 times over rediculous things, and then say "fcorreles80 must be doing something wrong, look at how many times she's been sued! And look at how much it cost!" It's a logical fallacy.
That would be a logical fallacy had that been the implication. By citing the amount of lawsuits the MCSO is subject to, I merely countered Home_Kid's proportion argument. His/her point was that Joe's office likely sees more lawsuits because of more police work done - this is not the case, as evidenced by comparably-sized departments seeing less litigation. That's all.

Also, wouldn't it be a logical fallacy to assume a 99% success rate based on incomplete evidence? I've never said that the MCSO lost more than four lawsuits, nor have I said that four is the absolute number - you've thrown this around a lot. I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's a response to a broad point I never made.

I did say, however, that I don't think the number matters, given the nature of the ones I know he has paid ($40M+ in damages). If you disagree with me on that point, then you disagree.

Quote:
And somehow Sheriff Joe has become Hitler, according to some on this board. This is turning absurd.
We agree.

This topic is pretty much a dead horse, at this point.

Last edited by Robert A; 09-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: why not?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
wowzers... This turned from a Joe thread to a meeting of the crazy and uneducated.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM

Robert A,
i think if you start collecting more data metrics you'll quickly learn that Joe A's office is on par with other SO's across the US. comparing the # of lawsuits vs. $$ paid out is single stat (which seems to used quite often here), which by itself doesnt mean all that much. if you can post the # of operations the MCSO has conducted over the years Joe A has been there, and the # illegals the MSCO has captured over the years Joe A has been there, and the total # of lawsuits against MCSO since Joe A has been there, and the total # of lawsuits the MCSO has lost since Joe A has been there, and the total # of cases against Joe A which alledge wrong doing, and the total # of cases Joe A himself has lost,.... if you can post all these #'s then i think we all can get a clearer picture as to how normal the MCSO is when compared to other SO's across the US.

in the end, the #'s coming out of the MCSO may be higher, but when you graph them the line it makes looks very similar to other SO's across the US.

i think Joe A should make them wear pink skirts. i am sure the ACLU would say that is gender discrimination, or some here might say its not right to treat criminal that way.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area