Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,524,650 times

Advertisements

"I don't see Carl's Jr. as being nearly as popular as In-N-Out."

Well, there's over 4 times as many Carl's Jrs in California than In-N-Outs.

I'm not marginalizing In-N-Out or those who love it (hey, I like it, too). But, to me, it would be like going to, say, Portland and finding, say, Wendy's with super long lines and many of the locals saying it's the best burger in town. Nothing wrong with Wendy's, but I'd be scratching my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,290,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"I don't see Carl's Jr. as being nearly as popular as In-N-Out."

Well, there's over 4 times as many Carl's Jrs in California than In-N-Outs.

I'm not marginalizing In-N-Out or those who love it (hey, I like it, too). But, to me, it would be like going to, say, Portland and finding, say, Wendy's with super long lines and many of the locals saying it's the best burger in town. Nothing wrong with Wendy's, but I'd be scratching my head.

Carl's Jr. is a huge national chain (Hardee's on the East coast). It's like saying people like McDonald's more than Carl's Jr. because there's more of them. In-N-Out is still family owned.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,320,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Carl's Jr. is a huge national chain (Hardee's on the East coast). It's like saying people like McDonald's more than Carl's Jr. because there's more of them. In-N-Out is still family owned.
Does anyone believe that In-N-Out couldn't be a large national chain and expand everywhere like Carls Jr.?? They could have done that 10 years ago. They don't want to be a national chain like that. They are in a different niche. Part of the appeal of In-N-Out is that they aren't everywhere and it's a unique experience.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,880,880 times
There's Burger Studio on 7th st and North Mountain

Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM

687 posts, read 1,948,501 times
I vote Wineburger on 19th Ave/Bethany. Just don't go there during the summer - their AC sucks. Also, Two Hippies is pretty good on 7th St/Indian School.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,925,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
Roaring Fork has their famous Big Ass Burger....the place is located on the SW corner of Scottsdale Rd and Chaparral at the E end of an office building

it's a bit of a see-and-be-seen place for Scottsdale hipsters, but not too bad....they open at 4pm....go about 4:30pm or so on a weekday before it gets crowded with self-important people (again, not as bad as other places for the scenesters), sit in the bar area, and order one of these burgers....high quality, lots of fries, goes great with a beer....the people and staff are usually friendly and cool
Roaring Fork hands down has the best burger in the Phoenix area.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:07 PM

137 posts, read 341,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
In-N-Out
I've had In-N-Out only once - burger with animal fries. It went in and out very quickly. It was delicious going in. I was starving, it was around midnight. I was literally sick the next day. I almost puked when I smelled the bag in the morning. No alcohol was involved.

My stomach might have just been off. I'm not used to eating stuff like that either.

But with all you guys talking about it, I just might have to give it another try when I'm out there again

Old 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"but we had a really good burger at Rockbottom last week in Desert Ridge."

One time, as my wife and I were walking next a Rock Bottom, I took a swing at the building. My wife asked, "What are you doing?"
I answered, "I just hit Rock Bottom!"

I tried to rep you for the laugh.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:55 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,879,641 times
Best hamburger. In Arizona?
In the late 1970's I drove a truck over the road. I can't remember the exact location now but just a few miles West of the I-10 and I-8 junction on Interstate 8 there was a little Cafe next to a campground area on the South side of I-8. They specialized in Mesquite grilled hamburgers and steaks. They had a huge grill outside right by the door and you had to walk by the grill on the way in to be seated. I can't say that their steaks were all that great but even now my mouth waters just thinking about those hamburgers. I stopped in there several times over a five year period and the hamburgers were consistently good.

GL2

Old 08-25-2009, 04:17 PM

67 posts, read 273,062 times
In-n-out....definately for fast food. I won't eat anywhere else. It's fresh, they make it the way you like and hasn't been sitting under heat lamps!! They are still family owned and operated....so you won't see them expanding into far reach areas.

Blue Burger Grille is also good.I like that you can pick your beef and toppings and create your own burger.

I also love going to Greasewood flats. Great for a burger and a beer! Definately a fun place when the weather is right and if there is live music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area