Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 AM

88 posts, read 251,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"In-N-Out"

Nothing against In-N-Out--I like it very much--but the craze that there's been in Arizona ever since the first one opened has always puzzled me. In California, In-N-Out is not a big deal. It's like McDonalds or Carl's Jr or Jack in the Box or whatever--people eat there and like it, but it's just another hamburger place.
In Arizona, it's heaven. I've seen it voted "best burger in Phoenix" before.
Like I said, I have nothing against In-N-Out and I enjoy a burger from there. But since it was brought up, I thought I'd point out this peculiar phenomena.
You mean other than the wait in the drive through being 20 minutes at the various ones I visited when I lived in NorCal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 09:56 AM

88 posts, read 251,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am just curious. Would anyone pay $777 for a hamburger if it was the absolute best? We have a place in Vegas that has a $777 hamburger, and from what I read it is hands down the best burger anywhere. We also have a place with a $60 hamburger that is supposed to be extremely good as well. I might be willing to try that one, but not the $777 as that is downright ridiculous. The $777 burger is number one on the list, and the $60 burger is number 6 out of the best burgers of the whole united states....

10 Incredibly Expensive Hamburgers
I have had a chance to enjoy #7. It was easily the best burger I had ever eaten. No cheese, no nothing other than the mean and the roll. The only downer was their fries were lackluster...

Old 08-29-2009, 03:04 PM

477 posts, read 1,584,285 times
Quote:
I have nothing against central Phoenix. I only said that I don't feel safe downtown at night. You took that to mean something else that I never said.
Lenny's is great! However, it should be noted that the location I frequent, (35th Ave and Thunderbird) is actually owned by one of Lenny's sons, and is not otherwise associated with the other three locations (including the one on Central). Very similar menu and food, but not 100% the same.
Have you tried their fried zuccini or the chili cheese fries? Oh and the banana shake....sounded gross to me but had a sip of my hubby's and fell in love! I do like the Lenny's on 59th/ (something) as well!

Old 08-29-2009, 05:26 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,522,901 times
I've tried both, and they're great. Their hotdogs are great, too. Really, nothing bad on the menu. I'll have to try the banana shake...I used to always get the pineapple shake, but they don't make it anymore.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:06 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,879,694 times
Quote:
I've tried both, and they're great. Their hotdogs are great, too. Really, nothing bad on the menu. I'll have to try the banana shake...I used to always get the pineapple shake, but they don't make it anymore.

I haven't been to Lenny's but their website menu shows that they still have the pineapple shakes.

59th Ave Lenny's Burger - Best Burgers in Arizona - 3 Great Locations (http://www.lennysburger.com/59ave.php - broken link)

Old 08-29-2009, 09:11 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,573,868 times
I agree right away!

Second to H.A.G., I like In-N-Out. Since I work in Los Angeles I beg to differ with posters who say Californians consider In-N-Out like another Carl's Junior or McD's. Wrong!

Every In-N-Out I've been to is crowded. I like Carl's Six Dollar burgers but I had to admit that they don't equal In-N-Out. Also if you go through the drive through in the one I go to, there is an employee who is outside several cars from the window taking your order. Tell me that you see this happening at McD's or Carl's and I will shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamteam View Post
heart attack grill for great burgers and scenery.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:18 PM

67 posts, read 97,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Californians don't look at In-N-Out like McDonalds, trust me. They look at it like fast food
I thought McDonalds WAS fast food.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:19 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,573,868 times
I would like to add this: Zipp's in Scottsdale near Hayden Road and Via Ventura is also nice. I haven't been there in years so I hope it's still around. Waitresses are nice looking college type and wear t-shirts. I occasionally would get the blue cheese burger and watch a game. But yeah, for best scenery and decadent burgers, Heart Attack Grill. You can have a beer with it. I checked up on H.A.G. pictures and a "nurse" I recognized from the old 44th and Thomas address is still working for them at the Chandler address. She's a fun gal! Whenever I go to H.A.G. I prepare for it by pre-detox and eat very healthy for a few days and go heavy on cardio workouts. Then get a double bypass burger!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,486,560 times
Red Robin. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet. They do a nice burger that's just a bit pink if you want it that way and the fixings blend together great.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:33 AM

919 posts, read 3,397,944 times
If you are naming major chains in your answer, you aren't trying hard enough.

I like the occasional In & Out, McD, Carl's Jr. - but there are many fine local places who are crafting good fare and should be explored, if for no other reason that they keep more money locally.

Try Delux, Roaring Fork's Big Ass, the tiny Welcome Diner (pictured), Chuck Box, Chicago Hamburger Company Company, Stax Burger Bistro, and many others across all price ranges for really good grub.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area