Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:02 PM

67 posts, read 97,683 times

Advertisements

Sorry. I posted this in the Phoenix forum.. However, the same still applies to Phoenix. You have the same access to mountains and scenery as the rest of your beautiful state.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,886,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_Gump View Post
Arizona has a VERY diverse climate with the mountains an all. You can live in the beautiful sonora desert, the mountains, or close to both. AZ is one of the most beautiful states in the country. I'd love to live in Tucson and visit those beautiful mountains. A short drive from a scenic hot and dry desert to scenic nice and cool mountains. Who could ask for more?

Great pics Forrest!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,187,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdInCageBitLock View Post
Wanted to say goodbye to the following persons and situations that made me nuts about the PHOENIX METRO AREA:

1. rudeness
2. impatience
3. slow drivers in left lane
4. Mexican haters
5. People who don't know people can't be illegal, but UNDOCUMENTED.
6. Sheriff Joe "make my own rules as I go" FoxNewsWhore Arpaio
7. Scottsdale SUV drivers
8. THE OVEN MONTHS!!
9. The neighbors I never knew as they shut their doors and locked them ASAP
10. The people who never held the door open for me.

Not missing you on the East Coast now.......
I hate to break this to you, but with the exception of #6, your list could discribe just about anywhere. And as for #6, well I'm sure there is a name you can substitute for Sherrif Joe, almost anywhere.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM

73 posts, read 254,747 times
Exxon_Valdez, I never said I didn't like Phoenix. I do. What I commented on was the disproportionate number of right-wing extremists in AZ compared to many places. And so far, I seem to be proven right given the irrational comments I've seen so far.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 AM

12 posts, read 36,675 times
Being the OP, just wanted to say that I didn't mean to start debates of any sort. I just wanted to state my reasons for leaving. I don't do so with malice intended for this site, but with hapiness in my heart.
Thanks.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 AM

39,117 posts, read 51,366,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdInCageBitLock View Post
Being the OP, just wanted to say that I didn't mean to start debates of any sort. I just wanted to state my reasons for leaving. I don't do so with malice intended for this site, but with hapiness in my heart.
Thanks.
You didn't have to leave a "suicide note". Nobody cares about you. Hundreds come and go each week. Life goes on.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:40 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,033,394 times
Moderator cut: orphaned post
LOL, I just had to laugh! What a moronic list... Whom ever responded with "that happens Everywhere" is right. Even in Des Moines.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-16-2009 at 03:00 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM

383 posts, read 642,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTalk View Post
Exxon_Valdez, I never said I didn't like Phoenix. I do. What I commented on was the disproportionate number of right-wing extremists in AZ compared to many places. And so far, I seem to be proven right given the irrational comments I've seen so far.
Well bless your little heart! God help Alabama if you ever decide to relocate there. And yes, I lived in Alabama for 7 years and enjoyed it, but Arizona is my home now and I wouldn't trade it for anyother state, this coming from a southern Cal native..Huntington Beach to be exact.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,333,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTalk View Post
I like the "Right-wing" extremists in Arizona. Having lived in Dallas and Oklahoma City and being an LA native, our right wing groups are really libertarians who prefer small govt. They are not Bible thumping Evangelicals that you find in Texas and the South.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I like the "Right-wing" extremists in Arizona. Having lived in Dallas and Oklahoma City and being an LA native, our right wing groups are really libertarians who prefer small govt. They are not Bible thumping Evangelicals that you find in Texas and the South.
I always find it funny when someone from out of state or from another place thinks they can pin down Arizona based on the presidential race, LOL! Speaks of their ignorance really. If they knew AZ's overall elected official make-up was 70% democratic, social voting record mirrors California, etc they'd be dumbfounded. Not to mention that our last elected governor was a "rumored" lesbian, liberal and a democrat. I mean, how "right-wing" is that? Or the fact that the gay marriage ban passed by the same percentage as the one in California; 54% of the vote whereas states like Texas, Colorado, Alabama, etc passed their bans by 70% of the vote or greater...a huge difference in social liberalism in Arizona in part because of the states' population being of mostly libertarian natives, California transplants, and mid-Western emigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area