Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,584,426 times

Advertisements

I think a city center (or city center revitalization) would be a wise decision for any city that wants to be taken seriously.

From pictures I've seen, Goodyear looks beautiful, and with the right planning, it can only go up from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 AM

930 posts, read 2,426,792 times
You need to define "boom". Will that 4000 sq ft house you bought for 500k in 2006 ever be worth that again? No. But will it come up from the 250k it is currently at? Yes.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:41 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,035,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
You need to define "boom". Will that 4000 sq ft house you bought for 500k in 2006 ever be worth that again? No. But will it come up from the 250k it is currently at? Yes.
Very true; however, it may very well be worth $500,000 again. These cycles aren't new to Phoenix and there have been inflated bubble burst before. Of course, let's hope the next bubbles are small and more in control compared to this spiral. However, it may take much longer for the value of the house to reach that level again.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 PM

11 posts, read 22,201 times
How can you convince me to move to Goodyear as oppose to moving to Anthem or chandler in a growth point of view?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakboy View Post
How can you convince me to move to Goodyear as oppose to moving to Anthem or chandler in a growth point of view?
I'm not interested in convincing you to move to Goodyear. There are no shortage of people who want to live here. (sorry, but your question sounds a little arrogant like you'd be doing us a favor) You need to visit, decide where you are going to work etc, etc, etc. and make your own decision. It really doens't make much difference where one moves in the Phoenix metro. There are good areas in every part. Goodyear is one of them in the SW metro. Commute is probably the most important factor. Growth? You got to be kidding. This is Phoenix. I'll give you two years here following cement trucks and rock trucks down roads under construction. You will be so tired of growth you won't believe you ever asked the question.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, I wouldn't be the best I would rather "convince" you to move downtown or to a better central city neighborhood as opposed to the burbs to curtail sprawl, LOL!

However, I think Goodyear would still win in this category with the exception of Estrella Mountain Ranch. Where will you be working? If it is in downtown or near downtown your drive from Anthem will be 35 miles in some of the worst traffic along nearly the entire route. Same with Chandler although I think it is approximately 10 miles closer to Phoenix compared to Anthem. Goodyear is 12-14 miles from 7th Ave and I-10 in downtown to Litchfield Rd in Goodyear, I believe and a much easier commute compared to either Chandler or Anthem.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:57 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,529,777 times
Goodyear is a great town (winning All American City and Most Livable City awards in 2008) with some good leadership. Estrella Mountain Ranch (now just called Estrella) has been named the #1 best master-planned community in Arizona four years in a row now. I think Goodyear is really heading in the right direction.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:28 PM

I didnt mean CONVINCE me! I was just saying if I were your cousin Where would you rave about to me to move if I where working in the downtown area?

Will anthem grow? How about chandler?

Would you make Mesa an option?

thanks guys, your the bomb!

Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I didnt mean CONVINCE me! I was just saying if I were your cousin Where would you rave about to me to move if I where working in the downtown area?

Will anthem grow? How about chandler?

Would you make Mesa an option?

thanks guys, your the bomb!
Still not really sure what you mean, LOL, but if I were to rave about an area it would be a tie with Goodyear and Chandler. Can't go wrong with either VERY lovely communities. The only major difference is the incredible amount of traffic you will encounter on the many routes and extra miles to Chandler; increase that for Mesa as well. Added benefit of Goodyear is the proximity to Peoria Sports Complex, Westgate (jobing.com arena, and UofP where the Cardinals play), and again the other sports arenas/stadiums in downtown Phx.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:53 AM

Sounds like the city of goodyear wants to put surprise on the back burner, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area