Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM

725 posts, read 2,324,728 times

Advertisements

Probably 1 of the smallest Historic districts in Phx - if not the smallest. Check out the neighborhood!!!!!

http://www.desertwide.com/subdivisions/CITIES1/Phoenix_Central/Ashland-Pl-Dist-homes2.jpg (broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:43 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,509,119 times
I looked into getting a home around downtown or uptown Phoenix but the values were too high for my blood.

I know about some of the benefits of older homes but they require a lot more upkeep than the newer ones, so that was another disadvantage for me.

It would still be nice to live somewhere more centrally-situated but we all know that's not always possible depending on a person's needs and life style.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:20 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,027,943 times
After my old house was renovated, there is really no upkeep different from a new cookie cutter house. Actually, after being restored and brought back to its former glory there is less to do with it than my mothers new suburban Phoenix style house. It is just getting over the "sticker" shock of the property and then the remodeling costs.

Homlish, as always...great photos.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,509,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
After my old house was renovated, there is really no upkeep different from a new cookie cutter house. Actually, after being restored and brought back to its former glory there is less to do with it than my mothers new suburban Phoenix style house. It is just getting over the "sticker" shock of the property and then the remodeling costs.
I just don't trust renovation or remodel contractors. I've heard horror stories and had a bad incident once with a repair job on my other house.

I like these older neighborhoods but don't really have a lot to invest in a top-quality home added to any extra upkeep or renovation.

I think that's why lots of people want the newer homes eventhough they're cookie cutter and less interesting.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:46 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,753,671 times
We bought a house in Willo that had already been renovated. The price was a bit more than the house the in burbs that we sold, but the upkeep has not been any worse.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Homlish, as always...great photos.
As always, my pleasure!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:45 PM

568 posts, read 1,207,904 times
I recently bought a totally remodeled house in Coronado...love it! And I'm not rich by any means. The inspector said it's one of the better jobs he's seen. There seem to be quite a few other reasonably-priced completely remodeled homes in Coronado right now.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
I recently bought a totally remodeled house in Coronado...love it! And I'm not rich by any means. The inspector said it's one of the better jobs he's seen. There seem to be quite a few other reasonably-priced completely remodeled homes in Coronado right now.
I think the Coronado district varies in prices.

Ashland Place and some of the other Historic districts look a little on the expensive side!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area