Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 09:16 AM

9 posts, read 36,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
How ironic! I see people doing that all the time. The other day I was going north on 7th street during rush hour and someone in front of me was turning left from the express lane, where there was clearly a sign forbidding it. He sat there waiting to turn, so a number of us honked. They then had the audacity to throw up their middle finger! I pointed at the sign, and he turned back and looked at me like I was crazy! Perhaps he was either an illegal alien or couldnt read. But I've never seen the no-left turn rule enforced.

Oh lordy isn't that alway the way? The person breaking the law makes you the accountable one.I hate that! But sometsime they do ticket. My friend lives on a no left street and police sometimes hide in the neighbors driveway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 680 times
I live directly on 7th street and coming home from work at 4:30 trying to get home before 5:30 is the most dangerous thing I have ever experienced in my driving over the years it is totally legal for me to make a left hand turn into my apartment complex and down the street where my children go to school from 7th Street but because everyone thinks that there is absolutely no left hand turns anywhere on 7th Street people stopped abruptly and honk repeatedly over and over again screaming and cussing because they think I'm in the wrong when I am actually doing exactly what the law permits it is very dangerous and people need to learn what the law actually is some type of announcement needs to be made on the news or something because this is ridiculous and so dangerous with my three children in the car I am always afraid some psychopath is going to try to shoot me or pull up next to me and want me to pull over and try to fight me over the fact that I made a left hand turn when I was allowed to

Old 03-17-2016, 09:11 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Butler of Phx View Post
I live directly on 7th street and coming home from work at 4:30 trying to get home before 5:30 is the most dangerous thing I have ever experienced in my driving over the years it is totally legal for me to make a left hand turn into my apartment complex and down the street where my children go to school from 7th Street but because everyone thinks that there is absolutely no left hand turns anywhere on 7th Street people stopped abruptly and honk repeatedly over and over again screaming and cussing because they think I'm in the wrong when I am actually doing exactly what the law permits it is very dangerous and people need to learn what the law actually is some type of announcement needs to be made on the news or something because this is ridiculous and so dangerous with my three children in the car I am always afraid some psychopath is going to try to shoot me or pull up next to me and want me to pull over and try to fight me over the fact that I made a left hand turn when I was allowed to
Good point but, when a thread is 7 years old... just make a new one instead of reviving.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:44 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Butler of Phx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Good point but, when a thread is 7 years old... just make a new one instead of reviving.
Periods wouldn't hurt either.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:20 AM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
I drove 7th street for 13 years I lived at 7th st and Bell commuted to AZ center downtown. I had 1 collision with an illegal who was driving someone else car he made a left turn across the center lane I was driving straight from the middle lane have no idea what he was thinking next thing I knew I came into contact with his left rear fender behind the tire he spun out it was exactly what the police do when they are chasing someone to make them spin out they bump the fender right behind the tire and he did a 360 hit the curb. Police showed up and he also had a phony drivers license they took him away in cuffs I'm assuming back to mexico. Lucky for me the car had insurance because it had been in a another accident and the owner was forced to get 6 months of insurance. 3 other times I had close calls same thing someone turning form the next lane over for some reason people think if they aren't in that lane they can turn left they don't look to see who is in that lane. It always happened early in the morning. Afternoons I always used the lane I turn my headlights on and usually only stayed in that lane going up to a light saved me a lot of time getting to and from work. I drove a heavy 1 ton truck crew cab so I figured I would win most collisions with smaller cars took my chances in the lane. If you go the speed limit which many don't it's not as dangerous you would think. Most collisions I saw were people speeding, or running red lights.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:47 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I drove 7th street for 13 years I lived at 7th st and Bell commuted to AZ center downtown. I had 1 collision with an illegal who was driving someone else car he made a left turn across the center lane I was driving straight from the middle lane have no idea what he was thinking next thing I knew I came into contact with his left rear fender behind the tire he spun out it was exactly what the police do when they are chasing someone to make them spin out they bump the fender right behind the tire and he did a 360 hit the curb. Police showed up and he also had a phony drivers license they took him away in cuffs I'm assuming back to mexico. Lucky for me the car had insurance because it had been in a another accident and the owner was forced to get 6 months of insurance. 3 other times I had close calls same thing someone turning form the next lane over for some reason people think if they aren't in that lane they can turn left they don't look to see who is in that lane. It always happened early in the morning. Afternoons I always used the lane I turn my headlights on and usually only stayed in that lane going up to a light saved me a lot of time getting to and from work. I drove a heavy 1 ton truck crew cab so I figured I would win most collisions with smaller cars took my chances in the lane. If you go the speed limit which many don't it's not as dangerous you would think. Most collisions I saw were people speeding, or running red lights.
Well I'm glad you clarified "illegal" at some point in your post, because I was about to ask for clarification. I know someone who was in an accident a few months ago caused by a car full of US citizens who were drunk (and under the age of 21), driving uninsured, ran a red light, and fled the scene after the accident. Are these people who hit her considered "legals" though in violation of at least five laws?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:56 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,327,602 times
IMO the city should install lane control signals (Green downwards-pointing arrow/Red X) over the lanes to better clarify the directions of travel.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:24 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,954,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
IMO the city should install lane control signals (Green downwards-pointing arrow/Red X) over the lanes to better clarify the directions of travel.
Not a bad idea actually! They have 30bil in bonds to wok with afterall.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:51 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,327,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Not a bad idea actually! They have 30bil in bonds to wok with afterall.
Also, for off-peak periods, over the center lane the lane control signals should also have either a white one-way left or two-way left indication. These would be replaced by the green down arrow or the red X during peak periods.

In addition, when a lane is about to close for that particular direction, a yellow X indication should also appear to help drivers vacate the lane.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 03-18-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 10:01 PM

169 posts, read 281,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Well I'm glad you clarified "illegal" at some point in your post, because I was about to ask for clarification. I know someone who was in an accident a few months ago caused by a car full of US citizens who were drunk (and under the age of 21), driving uninsured, ran a red light, and fled the scene after the accident. Are these people who hit her considered "legals" though in violation of at least five laws?
Oh get over yourself. An illegal immigrant obviously sees no problem with breaking the law to enter the country so why is it a surprise that they don't follow the rules of the road or bother to get a drivers license? Can't wait for President Trump to deport these criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area