Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 PM

286 posts, read 678,035 times

Advertisements

I noticed that Buckeye is isolated ... fine with me.....but in the 35-40 years that I have been out here..I never noticed the scenery in that area...because I always live to the north east.
What about the mountains and views..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,828 times
Does anyone out there in the tonapah or buckeye ariz,know how the weather affects a child with asthma,we are thinking of moving to either of those locations but just want to cheek on this first,and are there drs that can treat this prob....

Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM

6 posts, read 7,204 times
Have you moved yet? Where did you finally decide to move to?

We are looking to relocate to AZ due to my husbands health. The humidity in AL is killing him, not to mention the thunderstorms throughout the year. We have friends who live in Glendale & Surprise. We visited them back in June 2006.

We are currently looking to purchase a short sale in Buckeye. It has 1 acre. Which may sound like a lot to most, but we currently have 30 acres in AL.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:53 AM

GOOD MORNING I GOT YOUR MESSAGE, THATS ON YOUR INSIGHT ON ARIZ AND HEALTH ISSUES, HOPE YOUR HUSBAND IS DOING BETTER. NO WE HAVENT MOVED AS OF YET,STILL LOOKING, SURPRISE I UNDERSTAND IS VERY NICE AREA, THE REASON IM LOOKING IN BUCKEYE OR TONOPAH IS BECAUSE MY GR DAUGHTER LIVES THERE IN BUCKEYE WRKS AND GOES TO SCHOOL, SHES 20. IF YOU MOVE BEFORE I DO BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR HUSBAND IS DOING IN ARIZ. THANKS Jay Dehaas / jaydehaas@gmail.com

Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM

6 posts, read 7,204 times
Thanks. He was injured in June 1997, has made some improvements, but hit a plateau. It will be a change and adjustment, but we are hoping it will be for the better. My husband's cousin & her husband moved to the Gilbert area late last year or earlier this year from NY. They both have health issues, mostly pain, etc. They say that they have already noticed a difference and feel better.

If we make it out there before you, we'll let you know...

Old 07-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Glad to hear frm you, hope your husband is doing better, like your family I also have health probs,and hoping the fast pace we live in now will be in the past soon. I thgink stress has alot to do with pain mangament...Hope to hear frm you soon..jaydehaas@gmail.com

Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM

30 posts, read 71,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Surprise View Post
we moved to Buckeye in November.. and it's pretty far from anything.. I mean to grab a movie and go to the store your probably going to be traveling a few miles. But again that all depends on were in buckeye you live. We live off of exit 114 miller road. I belive we drive 12 miles just to walmart or Fry's. I love it out here but my husband hates it.. so it just depends on what kind of stuff you want to do. The house we rent from is not to big and not to little. We pay roughly around 800-900$ a month. At times you will smell the dairy farms but that goes away. We usually smell the dairy at nite so if your not a nite person then you'll be fine. the neighborhood here is pretty quiet. They tend to stay to themselves. unless something goes down (which in our case nothing has yet) then they probably would be friendly. Our neighbors we haven't meet them. a few houses' down i've meet them they are really nice. so it just depends on were you want to live and what you can handle.

Have you thought about Surprise? we just moved from there and we can't wait to move back. LOL

but i dunno just depends on what you want and how much you can tolerate!

Good luck on your move.
Just curious about your last line which I tried the bold. When you say “how much you can tolerate”, what are you tolerating?

It's now a year or so later and we are considering moving to Buckeye or some other region around Phoenix from the Seattle Washington area and you mention cold I think it's 37° and rainy here right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area