Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,748,090 times

Advertisements

I have a Motorola Droid and think it is wonderful. I particularly like the free turn by turn navigation, although I wish the lady could pronounce Tucson. Have not used an iPhone for comparison, but was on the AT&T network with another phone and was never happy with the network coverage, particularly for data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 12:43 PM

9 posts, read 181,935 times
I have an iPhone 3g and haven’t had any problems to speak of in Scottsdale. I live near Camelback and Hayden and I get excellent 3g coverage at home.
However, I have noticed that I can’t get a signal when I am shopping at The Bon in Fashion Square mall. Other parts of the mall seem to be ok.
For those with an iPhone, I would recommend jailbreaking it so you can install additional applications that Apple doesn’t allow.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,358,711 times
This thread has me concerned, as I just got my wife an iPhone for Xmas and we'll be switching from Verizon to AT&T the day after Xmas. She works in Scottsdale. I have an AT&T Blackberry for work and it has far better reception than my Verizon cell phone. In fact, when I got a flat tire in the middle of the desert in NV, I'd have been really screwed, had I only brought my Verizon phone with me. My Blackberry saved the day. Would the reception for an iPhone be any different than that for a Blackberry both on AT&T?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 PM

426 posts, read 1,307,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
This thread has me concerned, as I just got my wife an iPhone for Xmas and we'll be switching from Verizon to AT&T the day after Xmas. She works in Scottsdale. I have an AT&T Blackberry for work and it has far better reception than my Verizon cell phone. In fact, when I got a flat tire in the middle of the desert in NV, I'd have been really screwed, had I only brought my Verizon phone with me. My Blackberry saved the day. Would the reception for an iPhone be any different than that for a Blackberry both on AT&T?
I would suggest prior to porting you number over from Verizon that you take the the iPhone to the places in Scottsdale where you think you would use it the most and test it out.

Like I mentioned our iPhones are paperweights at my in-laws house, aside from that I get decent coverage everywhere else I can recall using it around town.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:54 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,704,368 times
Complaining : This is an open forum and people are basically permitted to post here whether or not they still live in Phoenix. As long as the post is not totally off-topic, the poster does have the right to voice his opinion, even if you may not agree with it. However, consumer complaints are against the TOS.[LEFT]
Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoenix-area/821285-note-mod-team.html#ixzz0ZYMg3VSH

So where is the mighty Belle from Utah to lock the thread... hmm?

Old 12-13-2009, 12:57 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,358,711 times
Are you kidding me? This is as legit a discussion as it gets and you want it shut down? Do you work for AT&T? Were you the kid in school who told the substitute teacher she forgot to assign homework?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:11 AM

919 posts, read 3,397,212 times
Does the operating system make a difference? I'm in Scottsdale and have AT&T for mobile, but use a Blackberry. No probs for me.

The AT&T/iPhone coverage issue has been noted in other markets. My brother in Denver, a huge Apple fan for 2 decades, gave up his phone due to connection issues in CO.

In any case, it seems every cell company has coverage probs. Here's a good article on lackluster 3G services across the country: The Sorry State Of 3G In The U.S. | mocoNews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area