Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:32 AM

369 posts, read 2,165,122 times

Advertisements

It looks like I've found someone to take over the lease for the house that my GF left me stranded in.

Where do I go from here? I want to live near the 60.. but I work in Florence. I'm at 60 and 202 right now..

Does anyone know of any good apartments in the area? I checked out the palms at agusta ranch, but all the reviews complained about the same thing.. Scorpians.. Thats nasty, I don't want to live in a place that is infested..

Good apartments near the 60, but not west of power road. I'd like to be around 700 for rent.. Time is of the essence here.. Huge thank you to anyone that can help me out!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 10:14 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,060,609 times
that's very good news for you, Bench....you had a bunch of people pullin' for you in your other thread, including me....

I don't know your 60 and 202 area very well, so can't advise on apartments....I take it you don't want to live in Florence itself??....more chicks in Phx, right??!!!...

sounded like there was some small possibility the lease deal would fall through in your post....I hope it goes through.....

gotta be a big relief for you....is it OK'd with the landlord?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 AM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,543 times
You know, the Florence zip codes have lots of inexpensive homes. You may find a good cheap home to rent right inside the area itself. Don't rule out home rentals as being too expensive out there because there is a ton of homes in the general area... and for those that couldn't sell they have no option but to rent out for cheap.

But as azdr points out, you may have to pick between being closer to greater civilization or your work.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
GREAT NEWS, Bench . . . things are already looking up for you.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 AM

48 posts, read 82,063 times
Things are looking up for sure! Congrats.

As for Homes for rent in the Florence 85232 zip code, there is a huge selection of homes in the $725/mo range for newer homes. FYI, figure they average 3/4 bedrooms 1500 sqft with a 2G built in 2004+ for that price.

There were so many similar homes for rent at $725 the rent could still be bargained lower. Especially the $25 part, thats usually thrown in there so a tenant has something to knock off the top and feel like they won a negotiation.

Of course you can probably pay $100 less than this if you choose an apartment. But be aware that closer home rentals within Florence are an option too. Good luck no matter what!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 AM

369 posts, read 2,165,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixxx View Post
Things are looking up for sure! Congrats.

As for Homes for rent in the Florence 85232 zip code, there is a huge selection of homes in the $725/mo range for newer homes. FYI, figure they average 3/4 bedrooms 1500 sqft with a 2G built in 2004+ for that price.

There were so many similar homes for rent at $725 the rent could still be bargained lower. Especially the $25 part, thats usually thrown in there so a tenant has something to knock off the top and feel like they won a negotiation.

Of course you can probably pay $100 less than this if you choose an apartment. But be aware that closer home rentals within Florence are an option too. Good luck no matter what!

to be honest.. I'd rather have an apartment.. I could live dirt cheap in queen creek or florence.. but it wouldnt be fun... I don't mind driving the 40 miles if I have the luxury of being real close to some kind of a social scene..

I'm going to look at the san montego apartments in mesa tomorrow.. Anyone know anything about them?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 AM

48 posts, read 82,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer View Post
to be honest.. I'd rather have an apartment.. I could live dirt cheap in queen creek or florence.. but it wouldnt be fun... I don't mind driving the 40 miles if I have the luxury of being real close to some kind of a social scene..

I'm going to look at the san montego apartments in mesa tomorrow.. Anyone know anything about them?
Completely understand, I would do the same in your position. Since you're from out of town, I wasn't sure if you were familiar with the dirt cheapness of the nearby housing market. Glad to hear you are able to move forward! Know nothing about those apts myself, sorry.

Keep on keepin' on bro

Old 12-14-2009, 12:44 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,060,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer View Post
the san montego apartments
where in the HECK do they get these names for developments these days?.....my favorite is the San Ventana apartments in Tucson near Ventana Canyon....Holy Window apartments!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
where in the HECK do they get these names for developments these days?.....my favorite is the San Ventana apartments in Tucson near Ventana Canyon....Holy Window apartments!
I know... Its funny to me too.

They built this neigborhood not far from me all jumbled up and underneath huge powerlines.

I alway joke they should call it "CasaFeya (fea)" Which translates into ugly home, but sounds pretty in English.

Or "Casa Mee Yairda(mierda)" = "Sh*t House"

They should name a really fancy complex something really terrible like that just to get a kick out of unknowing people who love to go running around name dropping their community.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
I know... Its funny to me too.

They built this neigborhood not far from me all jumbled up and underneath huge powerlines.

I alway joke they should call it "CasaFeya (fea)" Which translates into ugly home, but sounds pretty in English.

Or "Casa Mee Yairda(mierda)" = "Sh*t House"

They should name a really fancy complex something really terrible like that just to get a kick out of unknowing people who love to go running around name dropping their community.
Love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area