Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,019,212 times

Advertisements

Another option, the VA Medical Center is 7 blocks from the LRT station on Indian School Rd...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:11 AM

845 posts, read 2,327,814 times
Nursing is one of the strongest employment sectors right now in a weak economy. Wages tend to be lower than many major cities. I've heard of increased competition from abroad.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:06 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
LOL! Do you really live in Tempe?
Yes I do Maricopa County Medical Center or county as us hoodlums call it is a buss rife from thje rail station on 24th St, Tempe St Lukes is a Bus ride down Mill from the light rail station, Desert Samaritan in Mesa is a couple bus rides from the end of the light rail line, Good Sam is a bus rife down Mcdowell from the light rail. So there ya go no hospitals directly on the line all will include a bus trip.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Yes I do Maricopa County Medical Center or county as us hoodlums call it is a buss rife from thje rail station on 24th St, Tempe St Lukes is a Bus ride down Mill from the light rail station, Desert Samaritan in Mesa is a couple bus rides from the end of the light rail line, Good Sam is a bus rife down Mcdowell from the light rail. So there ya go no hospitals directly on the line all will include a bus trip.
Moderater deleted, has nothing to do with this. If you aren't going to contribute to a thread with helpful, TRUTHFUL, and useful information then don't write anything.

Like I said, Phoenix Baptist is one block north of the 19th Ave and Montebello station, Kindred hospital is 1 block from the line, St. Joseph's is 7 blocks on Thomas from the line with the wings and buildings extending to 3rd Ave which means the hospital is only 3 blocks from Central...Good Sam extends to 7th Street with medical facilities so it is only 7 blocks form light rail station but the main hospital is 10 blocks and easily walkable in a few minutes...

The VA Medical Center is 7 blocks, and St. Luke's in PHOENIX is walking distance from LRT station (wasn't talking about Tempe St. Luke's), etc!

Last edited by Grannysroost; 01-21-2010 at 10:43 AM..

Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee78 View Post
Do any of the buses/light rail go near any of these hospitals?

In addition to the info fcorrales gave you, you can get info on the bus routes (and there are bus routes by all those hospitals) at www.valleymetro.org

Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
EDIT: almost forgot that Phoenix Baptist Hospital (a very good facility with new expanded facilities) is a block north of a light rail station.

I heard this also. Comparable to Lincoln, which is not on the LR, but has a decent rep, also.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM

942 posts, read 2,520,841 times
The Phoenix nursing market is not nearly as good as it once was. Most travel assignments have dried up and hospitals aren't hiring too much. I would definately make some calls to the nurse recruiters and get the scoop. I would also suggest allnurses.com and then go to regional and Arizona and you can read about nurses in AZ. I don't want to give the impression that one can't find a job, but that one may find it slighly more challenging.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
The Phoenix nursing market is not nearly as good as it once was. Most travel assignments have dried up and hospitals aren't hiring too much. I would definately make some calls to the nurse recruiters and get the scoop. I would also suggest allnurses.com and then go to regional and Arizona and you can read about nurses in AZ. I don't want to give the impression that one can't find a job, but that one may find it slighly more challenging.
Very true and even look into openings at individual hospitals and health care companies (which has already been suggested). Hospitals listed have many nursing positions available and open; not sure about traveling nurses since I don't know anyone who is in that specific field.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM

A few years ago, they were talkin' 60K, but nowadays maybe more like 40K. Hopefully, you would get health insurance, lol. Few students have what it takes to do the science requirements for RN. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2010, 03:27 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,818 times
I also recall a story on the local news FOX 10 that hospitals were layinh people off and that was a few months ago so not sure if the situation has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area