Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 AM

123 posts, read 355,111 times

Advertisements

sounds like you will find out soon in the mail

Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,783,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthinker View Post
Tonight, I was driving about 53mile/hr on I-17. Anyway, the camera flashed! I saw other two or three cars were beside my car at same time. I wonder if you can tell if it was for you if a speed camera flashed. Thank you for your suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthinker View Post
my quetion is, could you tell it was you when the camera flashed on different cars at same time? Thank you all.
From what I have learned, Greenthinker . . .

The answer is NO until you actually receive a citation which takes a few days. However, it sounds like you were respecting the Speed Limit so I doubt very seriously if the Speed Camera was flashing at you.

Good Luck

Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
have seen the flashes myself~ usually while being passed at high speed by a criminal~ didn't accuse you of being one of those criminals~ just said they should all be removed from the road so law abiding citizens could drive peaceably!
I could not agree more, Deckdoc . . . "PEACEABLY" and SAFELY.

I am always amazed how those "Low Flying Disrespectful Goons" rarely, if ever, make it to their destinations any sooner than those drivers who are respecting the traffic laws as well as the other drivers.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM

39,148 posts, read 51,440,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, Deckdoc . . . "PEACEABLY" and SAFELY.

I am always amazed how those "Low Flying Disrespectful Goons" rarely, if ever, make it to their destinations any sooner than those drivers who are respecting the traffic laws as well as the other drivers.
Agree. The only thing I have against the cameras is they are stationary and all the criminals know where they are. I would prefer mobile van enforcement and no Photo Ahead warning signs. The speed limit sign is your warning.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,517,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
have seen the flashes myself~ usually while being passed at high speed by a criminal~ didn't accuse you of being one of those criminals~ just said they should all be removed from the road so law abiding citizens could drive peaceably!
I think it's pretty criminal how this radar program is allowed to exist, costing the state more to keep it than it's bringing in.

Intstead the clowns in the legislature cut vital services like education, healthcare, and transportation funding.

I don't condone speeding but Ponderosa has it right about the cameras, the speeders know where they are now so they all slow down around the cameras then resume their speed.

What kind of enforcement is that?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM

98 posts, read 287,121 times
To answer the OP's question, I have a friend who works for one of those evil companies (I give the guy a hard time about it). As for the "cemented" non-mobile speed cameras on the freeways, they are all calibrated per lane. So, if you were going the speed limit (or under whatever the threshold is), you "should" be safe. The speeding offender's lane is recorded. However, I do not know if the mobile vans have this same calibration.

This happened to be on the southern 202 freeway at night. I was actually going 70mph (speed limit is 65) in the fast lane. I guy was going faster than me in the next lane. Of course, the lights flashed (damn blinding at night! potential accident waiting to happen because of the flash?). I immediately looked at my speedometer, and it did read 70mph. It's supposed to trigger only when someone's going 11+ mph over. So, I'm guessing it flashed for the next guy. This was about 2 weeks ago. I have not received anything in the mail yet.

Lastly, my friend claims each photo is observed to make a decision as to whether it is valid enough to be issued a ticket for. He said if there's any question, the citation is usually thrown out (you don't ever get a ticket in the mail).

Old 03-17-2010, 11:46 AM

1,112 posts, read 4,009,511 times
I believe these cameras also take video when triggered - So, as long as they review it, I think you would be in the clear, as it would be pretty obvious to see someone going 53, versus someone who triggered the camera.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:55 AM

98 posts, read 287,121 times
Correct. I was told they are constantly recording video 24 hours a day. Storage is cheap! 1984?

Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 PM

197 posts, read 393,759 times
What you can do is actually call or e-mail the agency that would issue the ticket (DPS?) and they can check for you.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Agree. The only thing I have against the cameras is they are stationary and all the criminals know where they are. I would prefer mobile van enforcement and no Photo Ahead warning signs. The speed limit sign is your warning.
. . . but isn't it amazing how so many IDIOTS receive citations even with all of the warning signs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: