Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Wow, you are so ignorant of the laws of Arizona it is not even funny. Newsflash... speeding tickets in Arizona are civil violations NOT criminal. A warrant can NOT be issued for your arrest on ANY speeding ticket even if it was issued by a real officer. Please brush up on your knowledge of Arizona laws before posting, ok?
Before you foolishily make an ass of yourself by espousing off your ignorance of AZ laws, and being so rude, why don't you take the time to look up AZ traffic laws and intelligently inform yourself.
There are certain instances where speeding is a criminal offense....20 MPH over the limit is one of them. And a warrant can be issued for failure to respond to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Before you foolishily make an ass of yourself by espousing off your ignorance of AZ laws, and being so rude, why don't you take the time to look up AZ traffic laws and intelligently inform yourself.
There are certain instances where speeding is a criminal offense....20 MPH over the limit is one of them. And a warrant can be issued for failure to respond to it.
Very valid point, Nitram.

Isn't it amazing how these arrogant posts display a blatant disrespect towards the other drivers on our streets and highways? What makes these drivers feel they know more than the experts who have set these limits? Why do they feel they are ENTITLED to disrespect the Laws Of The Land? If they snub their noses at our speed laws, what other laws do they feel ENTITLED to arrogantly disregard and break?

When I spot a 25 MPH, a 55 MPH or a 75 MPH Sign, I do not question why or who, I merely respect that as law and drive accordingly. Yes, my time is important but not nearly as important as my life and/or the lives and property of others.

Having personally witnessed a few major accidents over the years has convinced me a few extra MPH's or a minute or two stuck at a Red Light is not worth the risk of an accident.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
The way to crack down on people who disrespect the law is NOT to install a plethora of robotic cameras that are costing more money than they are bringing in. People easily can (and do) find ways to avoid being flashed by the speed cameras. However, putting more police on the streets & freeways is the answer. Cops would pull over and cite (or even arrest) those who are inattentive, intoxicated, or just plain dangerous on the roads ... cameras are ineffective, except for the purpose of spitting out tickets. Police officers can make judgment calls, but cameras cannot.

And yes, there are many (more serious) laws which are broken all the time, which people seem to be less concerned about. Look at all the killers who sit on death row for 20+ years sponging off the taxpayers because of the unwillingness to enforce the death penalty quicky & swiftly. Observe how many youths are breaking laws left & right, raping innocent girls, shooting their classmates, murdering their own family members ... only we blow it off by stating they're too young to know what they're doing. Illegals come over here, break laws, and mooch off our services, but we're considered to be racist or intolerant if we express outrage about it.

Driving a few MPH over the limit is a drop in the bucket compared to many other things. Speeding is not an epidemic ... and I really can't understand why topics like these generate so many responses, and calls for increased government intervention when there are more important issues in the world to deal with.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:39 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The way to crack down on people who disrespect the law is NOT to install a plethora of robotic cameras that are costing more money than they are bringing in. People easily can (and do) find ways to avoid being flashed by the speed cameras. However, putting more police on the streets & freeways is the answer. Cops would pull over and cite (or even arrest) those who are inattentive, intoxicated, or just plain dangerous on the roads ... cameras are ineffective, except for the purpose of spitting out tickets. Police officers can make judgment calls, but cameras cannot.

And yes, there are many (more serious) laws which are broken all the time, which people seem to be less concerned about. Look at all the killers who sit on death row for 20+ years sponging off the taxpayers because of the unwillingness to enforce the death penalty quicky & swiftly. Observe how many youths are breaking laws left & right, raping innocent girls, shooting their classmates, murdering their own family members ... only we blow it off by stating they're too young to know what they're doing. Illegals come over here, break laws, and mooch off our services, but we're considered to be racist or intolerant if we express outrage about it.

Driving a few MPH over the limit is a drop in the bucket compared to many other things. Speeding is not an epidemic ... and I really can't understand why topics like these generate so many responses, and calls for increased government intervention when there are more important issues in the world to deal with.
Agree 100%, however, I hate that Arizonians are the only ones being forced to obey and pay for these tickets. Out of state visitors that break our laws and get caught should pay as well. I hate a law that is only enforced on the taxpayers of our state.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Agree 100%, however, I hate that Arizonians are the only ones being forced to obey and pay for these tickets. Out of state visitors that break our laws and get caught should pay as well. I hate a law that is only enforced on the taxpayers of our state.
All the more reason to eliminate these idiotic cameras, LBTRS. There are too many flaws, SNAFUs, and loopholes in this entire b.s. camera system. Put more police on the highways to crack down on these drivers who are inattentive, intoxicated, and a threat to the safety of other drivers. That way, anybody (regardless of "in state" or "out of state" residents) could be pulled over & cited on the spot by a uniformed officer if they are violating traffic laws.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Sounds like the same "anal" logic being used down at the border, VN.

If we cannot stop all of the ILLEGALS . . . why bother to try to stop any?

Obviously, there is no perfect solution, however, suggesting a Cop on every street corner and/or every mile of freeway in order to save money makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

As for more important laws to enforce . . . possibly you'll sing another tune once you lose a loved one or are otherwise a victim of an accident caused by a arrogant, disrespectful driver.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Obviously, there is no perfect solution, however, suggesting a Cop on every street corner and/or every mile of freeway in order to save money makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
I never suggested any such thing as a cop on every corner or every freeway mile. However, instead of cameras (which can only spew out speeding tickets), an increased presence of cops would be more effective in nabbing the excessive speeders, and the other menaces. The NASCAR wannabes aren't being stopped and arrested as they should be. At the very most, they are flashed by the cameras, and often times ignore the citations. There's very little being done about those who don't pay these camera tickets.

Quote:
As for more important laws to enforce . . . possibly you'll sing another tune once you lose a loved one or are otherwise a victim of an accident caused by a arrogant, disrespectful driver.
It's already happened. My mother was in two accidents in her life ... one was caused by a DRUNK driver, and the other when she hit a pickup truck that turned right in front of her & proceeded too slowly. In that last case, she was driving nearly the speed limit, but was unable to slow down in time. The pickup driver was found at fault for turning out into oncoming traffic and practically sitting still.

I have never been in an accident, but I have avoided quite a few ... mostly inattentive drivers and/or slowpokes who have turned in front of me, not realizing I was right there. In my case (and my mother's), it wasn't the speeders who were the cause of the accidents, but the intoxicated, the inattentive, and the slow!

Old 04-03-2010, 06:06 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Sorry my friend, but you are totally incorrect. You are giving misinformation and I am going not to put up with it, especially since you are advocating someone being scammed. Going 20 or more over the speed IS a criminal offense as you said. However, you did not say that until now. The op was going 77 in a 65, remember? Just look at this post you made in this thread:

"Of course if the OP disregards the citation, which it is, the possibility is when the OP comes back to AZ and gets stopped by a officer he'll probably have a warrant waiting out there for him."

WRONG! WRONG WRONG!

This is totally incorrect. I have received MULTIPLE photo radar tickets when I go back to Phoenix to see my friends and family from Vegas in which they have mailed them here. I have thrown every one away. My Arizona license is still clear and valid. I have a CLEAN Arizona license. I just checked right now on Service Arizona. I was BORN in Phoenix and lived there for 30 years. I have been in and out the traffic courts so I know the laws completely and you apparently don't.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:16 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Very valid point, Nitram.

Isn't it amazing how these arrogant posts display a blatant disrespect towards the other drivers on our streets and highways? What makes these drivers feel they know more than the experts who have set these limits? Why do they feel they are ENTITLED to disrespect the Laws Of The Land? If they snub their noses at our speed laws, what other laws do they feel ENTITLED to arrogantly disregard and break?

When I spot a 25 MPH, a 55 MPH or a 75 MPH Sign, I do not question why or who, I merely respect that as law and drive accordingly. Yes, my time is important but not nearly as important as my life and/or the lives and property of others.

Having personally witnessed a few major accidents over the years has convinced me a few extra MPH's or a minute or two stuck at a Red Light is not worth the risk of an accident.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.
I am 35 years old and I have NEVER had an at fault accident, not even once. I use always use my turn signals. I never run red lights. Speeding is not dangerous. Regardless, I have a lead foot and am a habitual speeder. After being pulled over in Vegas yesterday for speeding, I am now going to be following the speed limits. This is not for safety reasons, it is simply because the fines for speeding in Las Vegas are outrageous (over $300) and I simply cannot afford it.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am 35 years old and I have NEVER had an at fault accident, not even once. I use always use my turn signals. I never run red lights. Speeding is not dangerous. Regardless, I have a lead foot and am a habitual speeder. After being pulled over in Vegas yesterday for speeding, I am now going to be following the speed limits. This is not for safety reasons, it is simply because the fines for speeding in Las Vegas are outrageous (over $300) and I simply cannot afford it.
Sorry for the hefty ticket, LVD . . . they definitely suck.

Hopefully this will be a learning experience as well as a turning point for you.

Good Luck and.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area