Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 AM

46 posts, read 116,884 times

Advertisements

I have yet to really experience a Phoenix summer but I was told that it gets really hot around the mid part of May. So far I think it's been ideal - cool at night and warm enough in the day to wear t-shirts but not roasting hot. I hate the cold, and don't like rain or snow too much. It's too depressing. I'm glad we're out of the rain season and nice and warm and dry. Maybe I'll feel different when it starts getting over 100 but for now this weather is perfect.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,711,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon4ever View Post
I have yet to really experience a Phoenix summer but I was told that it gets really hot around the mid part of May. So far I think it's been ideal - cool at night and warm enough in the day to wear t-shirts but not roasting hot. I hate the cold, and don't like rain or snow too much. It's too depressing. I'm glad we're out of the rain season and nice and warm and dry. Maybe I'll feel different when it starts getting over 100 but for now this weather is perfect.
Sort of. Its been wetter in the winters more recently, but Arizona's rainy season is in the summer. I've been here for so many years and rain floats over the city, but never really falls. It's scared of the heat island. Tucson on the other hand is a great example of monsoon action. The lightning, micro bursts, heavy rains, and the smell of the desert being washed to a squeaky clean status.

I believe summer is the rainy season for all near gulf states. Touching or not. I am honestly scared to see what kind of rain Texas and Florida gets from the oil filling the gulf.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM

92 posts, read 351,687 times
Tootsie.
Just to sum things up for you regarding comparing midwest summer heat to Arizona summer heat.

Arizona summer heat = DRY and hot

Midwest region summer heat = Damn hot and very HUMID.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:32 PM

15 posts, read 60,000 times
Anything over 100 is hot, however there is Northern AZ, such as Flagstaff, Az, Paige and several other cities that the Phoenix people flock to on the weekends to escape the heat.
Also, people travel during this time driving to Colorado and other cooler places. When it gets hot in S. AZ the hot get going.
How do you train your dog to go potty at night instead of daytime?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 60,000 times
They go up North to their cabins. They go visit Flagstaff, Pine, Strawberry, Munds Lake or Lake Mary (if it isn't dried up) They go to Slide Rock. They have numerous indoor water parks, movies theater, shopping mall, or they leave town and drive to Michigan for the heat and humidity, or Colorado. There is a whole culture evolved around the heat during the summer. Festivals, fairs ect at night, museums stay open till 10 or 11pm. Lots of things to do after the sun goes down. It is the sun. After it sets everybody is outside. Hotels with pools offer discounts.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:46 PM

63 posts, read 151,921 times
Where can you buy a home for 10-20 thousand in the USA plus if you're looking at buying acreage and developing AZ, Texas, New mexico is it....also Alaska if you can deal with the cold.

These are some of the last settlement frontiers in the united states, my plan is so far off the grid it isn't even funny. Yuppies and starbucks are not for me and neither is the rural undeveloped desert regions for most people.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:03 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQp View Post
Where can you buy a home for 10-20 thousand in the USA plus if you're looking at buying acreage and developing AZ, Texas, New mexico is it....also Alaska if you can deal with the cold.

You can find a lot more for that price in Oklahoma or Arkansas than you can in Arizona. Same thing in the U.P. of Michigan and I think numerous other little places in the rural USA. AZ is not that cheap.

Cheap land is AZ is just junk land for the most part. Maybe suited for someone who wants to live in the middle of nowhere and way off the grid, so maybe it is for you.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:16 PM

63 posts, read 151,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You can find a lot more for that price in Oklahoma or Arkansas than you can in Arizona. Same thing in the U.P. of Michigan and I think numerous other little places in the rural USA. AZ is not that cheap.

Cheap land is AZ is just junk land for the most part. Maybe suited for someone who wants to live in the middle of nowhere and way off the grid, so maybe it is for you.
I like the desert after 2 tours in Iraq became accustomed to it.......besides eventually I need to get off the dole attend college/trade school and start working again and paying tax. My dream is becoming a septic tank installer and with all the consideration/s AZ is for me....... waste-water tech is where the $$$ at!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:46 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,986,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina3219 View Post
When it gets hot in S. AZ the hot get going.
And the other 98% who work?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:47 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
And the other 98% who work?
The ones who work in offices bring sweaters with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area