Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 03:02 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
13 below zero air temperature in chicago this morning..thats why people move to Phoenix..
They move to escape the big city, crime, corruption, and the ridiculous COL (amongst other things). Same goes for Californians. If CA were affordable, no one would leave. I mean, who gives up SoCal weather for PHX weather?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:01 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
They move to escape the big city, crime, corruption, and the ridiculous COL (amongst other things). Same goes for Californians. If CA were affordable, no one would leave. I mean, who gives up SoCal weather for PHX weather?
Truth.

People come here to re-invent themselves.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Why is this thread still ongoing in December? It was in the 30s last night, and we're still griping about the heat??? If you enjoy the cooler temperatures, let's put this thread to rest until about June, then we can resurrect it at that time & complain all we want about the blast furnace heat.
Good points.

I'm enjoying the beautiful early winter weather and the searing summertime heat is long forgotten about, at least for me.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
And please tell me why we should take YOUR advice ????
Do you not understand how low your credibility is here?

Please find another website to troll on.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Well-written about the cost of living, it's way better than on both coasts but it's still not cheap to live here.

I can't quite agree about moving here to escape big city problems, Phoenix's population certainly falls in the big city category and it has many of same big city problems because of all the people who have moved here from somewhere else.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:00 PM

594 posts, read 698,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Do you not understand how low your credibility is here?

Please find another website to troll on.
Thank you !
With your intellect and OBVIOUS credibility maybe you can explain what happened to my CARDINALS this year and pass it on coach BA.

NATIVES have all answers.....I think.

Old 12-21-2016, 05:47 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,731,390 times
Quote:
Yeah, coming to the 6th biggest city and 13th largest metro to escape big city problems, that's logical...

Most people don't base where they live solely on weather, even though it comes up here a lot. SoCal has a large population living in portions of their respective metro areas that have similar summer temperatures to Phoenix.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:54 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Yeah, coming to the 6th biggest city and 13th largest metro to escape big city problems, that's logical...

Most people don't base where they live solely on weather, even though it comes up here a lot. SoCal has a large population living in portions of their respective metro areas that have similar summer temperatures to Phoenix.
I did, of course. A lot of California isn't warm enough for me. I had looked into the San Diego area when I was researching where to live and an average temperature range of only 66-75 all year? No thanks. That might be "ideal" to some but it's far from ideal to me. And they say Phoenix weather is boring...

Old 12-21-2016, 08:17 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post

Have you been to LA? Have you been to Chicago? Have you been to NYC? Tell me how big PHX feels in comparison again? I forget.

PHX is hardly "big" feeling, despite its population, I think most would agree. Its big, but feels like most big cities' suburbs. I mean, if one is coming from Billings, MT, yes, PHX would feel large. Coming from NYC? This place is a ghost town in comparison. Ive been caught in worse traffic jams in Chicago at 1AM than I have here at 5PM. PHX feels like a giant suburb, and I think that's the attraction for many people. You can walk down Central and not hear horns honking literally every few seconds, rubbing shoulders with endless crowds of business men or having to talk over the roar of passing trains. PHX is a slice of quiet heaven for us who escaped giant cities.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:25 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,731,390 times
Quote:
Have you been to LA? Have you been to Chicago? Have you been to NYC? Tell me how big PHX feels in comparison again? I forget.

PHX is hardly "big" feeling, despite its population, I think most would agree. Its big, but feels like most big cities' suburbs. I mean, if one is coming from Billings, MT, yes, PHX would feel large. Coming from NYC? This place is a ghost town in comparison. Ive been caught in worse traffic jams in Chicago at 1AM than I have here at 5PM. PHX feels like a giant suburb, and I think that's the attraction for many people. You can walk down Central and not hear horns honking literally every few seconds, rubbing shoulders with endless crowds of business men or having to talk over the roar of passing trains. PHX is a slice of quiet heaven for us who escaped giant cities.
Yup, I worked in both Chicago and New York and I've been to LA hundreds of times. I wouldn't live in any of them but Phoenix has plenty of big city problems, this is not a place to go to escape that issue. Being smaller it doesn't have the problems to the extent of the 3 largest cities in the country that you chose to rattle off but we've got traffic, we've got crime, we've got gangs, we've got graffiti, all that fun stuff...

I've never met anyone who wanted a smaller city feel come to Phoenix and say, "yeah, this feels like a small city to me." It's usually quite the opposite, most of the clients and visitors we bring to town are surprised how big it is and how little of it they can see in just a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area