Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 06:29 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post
"smelled reefer"

Come'on just say weed. Shoot even on the political shows, the news and ESPN they're at least calling it "pot"... Reefer's soooooo 60's/70's/80's

hes tryin to sell the burgh to old folks. terminology included!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,052,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markson33 View Post
That's totally false. There is virtually nobody who hangs out at the corner of Broad and Sheridan - other than techies from AlphaLab. I have never-ever seen a prostitute there.
wait - are you LOOKING for prostitutes? and nobody said anyone was at the corner. this isnt an episode of "Kojak" - they have cars and circulate among the population. im not a drug dealer exactly, but no, my observations were not 'false'.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:48 AM

310 posts, read 371,454 times
East liberty may seem dangerous, but it's mostly the public housing areas (2 blocks behind target) & even then no one bothers you unless you just wander into their housing development as if you dont belong. Penn Ave seems sketchy, but that's just because it's run down and alot of shops are closed. it's more dangerous in the Garfield area on Penn Ave.

N. Highland Ave is a very nice area. It's right on the border of Shadyside and there are many, many restaurants around-
I'm talking just ON N. Highland. The only area that bothers me in East Liberty is the parking lot of the Giant Eagle, Family Dollar, ect. It's not dangerous, you just have 25 random people staring at you and asking if you need a ride (a taxi or Jitney in Pgh terms)

By all means, East Liberty is not too dangerous. It's not somewhere you want to wander after dark or go looking for trouble, or even walk down an alleyway... But to just work and park there should be a-okay!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:37 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,834,033 times
Uptown's map shows Chislett abutting "Body Bag." https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...a=0&dg=feature

Looking at those pictures of the home when it was listed for sale, I wonder if the cops are technically correct, that there was no "forced entry." But overall it looks very poorly secured and rather easy to enter, imo. Regardless, it's a tragic loss of two lives.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 PM

19 posts, read 39,569 times
How is parking overall in the commercial district in East Liberty. When I come to Pittsburgh to visit in June, I plan to get out and walk around the area.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafella View Post
How is parking overall in the commercial district in East Liberty. When I come to Pittsburgh to visit in June, I plan to get out and walk around the area.

shouldn't be too hard, but spots are semi limited. I think most folks will park at the bakery square spot and walk around from there. most spots are on street parking and its like $2/hr

Old 03-01-2014, 06:16 AM

1,860 posts, read 2,578,790 times
You can find metered spots all around. If you park near Home Depot on the street it is free. That's where teachers at the Obama school park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh