Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 10:57 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
Even taking this to be the truth, "only" ONE parking lot looking anything like the photos that have been circulating is beyond inexcusable.

Just because most of us were smart enough not to go within miles of the North Shore doesn't make that kind of behavior okay.

youngabe hit the nail on the head earlier when he was talking about what a serious endemic problem events like these pop-"country" concerts are a manifestation of. We are living in a society where just throwing your cigarette butts on the ground isn't even blinked at. It's disgusting. For all the trumpeting about patriotism, we sure don't do a good job of practicing what we preach when it comes to not letting our civic spaces look like a pigsty.
It brings in money and has no bearing on anybody here complaining about it. Its over, its cleaned, it will happen again. May as well learn to deal with it...but I do understand many always feel a need to complain even when it has nothing to do with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,244,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It brings in money and has no bearing on anybody here complaining about it. Its over, its cleaned, it will happen again. May as well learn to deal with it...but I do understand many always feel a need to complain even when it has nothing to do with them.
I fear you are right, although it is sad.

BTW, what's the garbage like after Steelers game tailgating? I'm always far too drunk to notice around 1pm and can never remember where all the cans from my carton of IC lite have gone?

Old 06-24-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
I fear you are right, although it is sad.

BTW, what's the garbage like after Steelers game tailgating? I'm always far too drunk to notice around 1pm and can never remember where all the cans from my carton of IC lite have gone?
The whole thing was/is over exaggerated. The Chesney deal sparked this entire non-issue for future events.

Theyre not going to cheap out on cans/dumpsters for Steelers games like they did for Chesney...but the cans, if there are any, get cleaned up by the same people. They need jobs, too.

People act like the money is coming out of their pockets while Allegheny County/politicians have been fleecing them for years. Kinda like Nutting and the Bucs. Some people believe anything and just keep on giving while others are taking. Nothing is really going to change. Peduto may give some lip service and some fees may be attached to the event, but he'll get his cut just like those before him.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:53 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Quote:
This whole "has no bearing on anybody" doesn't make any sense to me.

1. Did it cost my tax payer dollars to clean it up? Yes
2. Did it make a mess of public property? Yes

Both of those have an impact on me.

I am willing to accept that it will happen again and brought in money, but your belief that unless you were sitting directly in the middle of this disaster it has no impact is unreal....

Old 06-24-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
This whole "has no bearing on anybody" doesn't make any sense to me.

1. Did it cost my tax payer dollars to clean it up? Yes
2. Did it make a mess of public property? Yes

Both of those have an impact on me.

I am willing to accept that it will happen again and brought in money, but your belief that unless you were sitting directly in the middle of this disaster it has no impact is unreal....
They're going to take your tax dollars no matter what. They're not going to lower your taxes even if tax dollars aren't being used. If they decide they want to raise tax dollars because they know they can, they will.

Whether there is a mess or not, it hurt you in no way. It was cleaned up and life goes on. You were not impacted in any way.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:12 PM

994 posts, read 901,302 times
Quote:
Brings in money to where? And how much? Probably another question you will avoid.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 PM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
Brings in money to where? And how much? Probably another question you will avoid.
I have been wondering, if all these folks were tailgating, did the restaurants and bars on the North Shore make much money?

Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
The city, the venue, businesses, etc...

How would anybody not affiliated know how much? All part of the deal that those involved made. Find the sources and ask if you're so curious.

While many like yourself avoid accepting the truth, I avoid nothing. Many people will believe anything and everything they're told. That's being extremely naive.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:23 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Quote:
They're going to take your tax dollars no matter what. They're not going to lower your taxes even if tax dollars aren't being used. If they decide they want to raise tax dollars because they know they can, they will.

Whether there is a mess or not, it hurt you in no way. It was cleaned up and life goes on. You were not impacted in any way.
Yes, I pay the taxes no matter what, however they could go to something much more productive than cleaning up after the concert.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Yes, I pay the taxes no matter what, however they could go to something much more productive than cleaning up after the concert.
You're right, but they won't. And if you believe that's gonna happen I also have some oceanfront property in Pgh I'll sell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh