Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Not sure how they will do over the course of the season, but I am sure about one thing. I have my pajama pants freshly washed, and my pots and pans set up by my 2nd story windows.

Go Stillers!
Haha, hope you didn't wash your terrible towel, that's bad luck, ya know.

Don

Old 09-04-2014, 10:24 PM

145 posts, read 182,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
I feel bad for people like you and BlackBeauty. You live your life putting other people down that are different from you, so that you can stand on them and think that you're elevated yourself. In reality, most folks see through that charade and see you guys for the bitter sad people that you are.
The sad part is most threads devolve into one of SCR's novellas about how much he can't stand various aspects of the city and the people in it. Anyone casually browsing this forum looking for genuine information is bound to come across one of these diatribes, is that really how we want to portray our city?

SCR has been here a couple of years yet seems to ignore the fact that the city existed well before his time. He wants someone to wave a magic wand over the city that will magically fix all of the infrastructure woes. He wants to ignore the fact that we faced decades of neglect and are just now starting to see the fruits of the labor of all those YINZERS who were here through the hard times and made the tough decisions and did the hard work that laid the path for people like him to move here and live affordably in a city with a viable economy. He wasn't here twenty or even ten years ago to have a baseline by which to compare the gigantic strides the city has taken regarding infrastructure and urban development since then. He's basing everything off of a few years living in one neighborhood and is quick to judge people who live in places like Cranberry or Murrysville or the rural parts of the region without ever actually meeting or likely spending more than a few minutes passing through each area. It's not the kind of place he'd want to live, so naturally we must affix every negative stereotype to those that do live there, whether there's any modicum of truth to them or not. He wants to raise taxes but he doesn't acknowledge the fact that those taxes are likely to go in some politician's pocket or be directed to some pet project rather than serve the greater good of the people. He hasn't been around long enough to realize any of this, he's just someone who knows much better than you what's good for you and wants to impose his vision of Utopia on you whether it's the same as your vision or not. People like this will come and go, one only needs to look at his posts regarding previous areas he's lived to see that this type of person will always find fault in others' behavior when it doesn't agree with his own. You could turn the city into his own personal Utopia overnight and he'd still find something or someone to complain about. ATM preferences, people who suck at tipping....glad I went to college so I can worry about bigger issues in life.

I'll probably get banned for this post but who cares at this point, this board used to be the go to place for information regarding the city, lately even the good discussions get derailed by SCR and his constant complaining about the things that make Pittsburgh Pittsburgh. Maybe we aren't jumping at every opportunity it turn the city into his own personal Utopia, but we sure as hell are doing a good job of making it better for EVERYONE. Until someone procures that magic wand that can fix everything overnight, we are along for the ride and it's going to be a long one. Luckily most on here are thrilled with how far we've come and are enjoying this ride because most know where we came from. Sadly some of the most outspoken people are those that have the least knowledge and the most to complain about and it makes us all look bad to anyone who doesn't understand exactly the kind of mental issues simmering behind the keyboard. The notion that the east end is full of latte sipping hybrid driving pinky extending yoga practitioners just goes to show how he only sees what he wants to see.

The sad part is SCR has a sincere passion to make things better and from the way he types he has the intellect to put that passion to use. But he lacks the social skills and initiative to actually do anything besides post his feelings here. He claims he wants to run for office one day, well I'll be the first one to print out some of these posts and plaster them around town when that day comes. That nonsense may win you $500 from the clowns that run these message boards but it's going to get you nowhere anywhere else in life.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:45 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMcKelvin View Post
lately even the good discussions get derailed by SCR and his constant complaining about the things that make Pittsburgh Pittsburgh.
You're right. Fair enough. I'm going to be taking a much-needed hiatus from this sub-forum. Thanks for the wake-up call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh