Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 PM

64 posts, read 240,763 times

Advertisements

If you mean by "diverse" nice middle class neighborhoods with an equal number of whites, blacks and hispanics living in harmony than no. For the most part the Pittsburgh area remains very segregated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.davon24 View Post
Hey pitt just because those two families please don't pass judgement on the rest of us. Don't get me wrong there has been time when I went off the deep in, in arguement not phyiscal though. I see white women all the time that are selling their bodies for a white rock we call crack. Is it right to say all white women ar the same? All my white buddies disrespect the hell out their parents. Does it make it right for me to say that about all white males? I have respect for everyone white, black, brown, and green. I've caught myself using the same stereotypes. I figured that everyone is entitled to respect. This plus me growing up with different races.

Staash do something with yourself, huff paint or something.
Boy what an intellectual response.I'm not going to get into another race argument,but I will repeat myself from a previous post.There are major problems in predominantly black communities,that you just don't see in white communities.9 out of the last 10 shootings have been black on black and they have been inside or very near black areas.This tells me there is a problem.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM

374 posts, read 1,285,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Boy what an intellectual response.I'm not going to get into another race argument,but I will repeat myself from a previous post.There are major problems in predominantly black communities,that you just don't see in white communities.9 out of the last 10 shootings have been black on black and they have been inside or very near black areas.This tells me there is a problem.

Intellectual response???? This is the internet.. I didn’t recall me being graded on this subject. I don't know if I said this before but, I agree with the fact that black on black crime is extremely high in the city.
9 out 10 of the murders probably more then likely drug related. I don't know else to put it but we need help. Not just parents teaching the right and wrongs, you know parenting stuff. I would challenge anyone of you guys to go to one of these neighborhoods. Drive around to get a feel of what it's like not to have NOTHING. Compare your neighborhood to my neighborhood (besides crime) and you'll see more of the problem. Count how many ran down houses are on your street. Again I agree with you about the inner city crime but, help is needed.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:19 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
How can we help??? We are to busy taking care of our own problems to deal with someone else's. Besides every time the police intervene,some moron cries Racism or you're prejudiced.WTF! Here read this article.Shows how one moron who doesn't want to raise her kids right,blames the police for being racist.---Showing Colors - An Allegheny Valley town grapples with a rising black population - Main Feature - Main Feature - Pittsburgh City Paper - Pittsburgh

Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
How can we help??? We are to busy taking care of our own problems to deal with someone else's. Besides every time the police intervene,some moron cries Racism or you're prejudiced.WTF! Here read this article.Shows how one moron who doesn't want to raise her kids right,blames the police for being racist.---Showing Colors - An Allegheny Valley town grapples with a rising black population - Main Feature - Main Feature - Pittsburgh City Paper - Pittsburgh
WoW now that's sad... I can't beleave people are still raising their kids to be like that. AVEJOHN honestly I think your a your a cool guy. I just want you and everyone else to see what we see living in the Hood. I think neighbors could help each other. I admit it was odd to see other races in the hood but, mainly it was for the wrong reason.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
but the problems that one community might have at a larger scale, might not be the case for another. So, while it might be inner city shootings for some, it could be drunk drivers for another, for example. With that said, I think it is going to take a total effort and a decision as to how our society is going to handle such issues.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 PM

As for the diverse suburban question, I wasn't looking for an "equal amount". That wouldn't be realistic in many cases, as the country we live in isn't equally cut up in terms of race and ethnicity. So, I was looking for a community that has a decent amount of various groups.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
but the problems that one community might have at a larger scale, might not be the case for another. So, while it might be inner city shootings for some, it could be drunk drivers for another, for example. With that said, I think it is going to take a total effort and a decision as to how our society is going to handle such issues.
Very good point.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM

What about McKeesport, West Mifflin, Penn Hills, Duquesne, New Kensington, Monroeville, Clairton, Carnegie, McKees Rocks, Braddock, East Pittsburgh, Avalon and so on?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 PM

Mckeesport looks terrible compared to when I used to live there. Duquesne has tax issues. I really don't think it's that diverse. Some one that lives there will chime. Braddoc is a ghost town. North Braddoc shares woody high and not that diverse. New Kenn I hear they're not that diverse either. Monroeville I don't know nothing about. Penn Hills school district is going down hill. Some people say there are two sides of Penn Hills now. The white side and Black side or Home owners and Section 8. West mifflin is actually where I would buy a house. Their school district is west mifflin district. All the other I know squat about. Also check Munhall past the Cementarys in Homestead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh