Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 08:46 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,816,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Or park near the Aviary on North for free and take the short walk over to the ball field.
My friends and I have been doing that for years we consider, doing whatever it takes to not pay to park, as part of going to the game...and then we pay 9 dollars for a beer of course But whatever it's a good excuse to hit some bars over that way sometimes instead of the same ole same ole by the stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I know they installed meters over there recently, are they enforced in the evenings?
On Sunday, not enforced at all..other days until 6 I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:31 PM

3,260 posts, read 2,360,389 times
Practice your responses and get some good advice on how to interview for a job. Good Luck!

Old 05-20-2016, 06:27 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,111,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
My friends and I have been doing that for years we consider, doing whatever it takes to not pay to park, as part of going to the game...and then we pay 9 dollars for a beer of course But whatever it's a good excuse to hit some bars over that way sometimes instead of the same ole same ole by the stadium.

On Sunday, not enforced at all..other days until 6 I believe.
Yup! If Gus and Yaya's cart is out, it's a great excuse for one of Pittsburgh's finest traditions as well. My kids participated in the Kids of Steel "race" from PNC park over to town a few weeks back and we parked on North near the Y for hours on a Saturday. Great walk in a great neighborhood.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,599,248 times
No pessimists allowed at PNC! Great game, Polanco is getting better every game, made some great plays in the field.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:02 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,417,945 times
SCR, good luck on your interview. Hopefully it works out for you. It is a shame reading the personal attack on Blackbeauty. I suspect she has a unique sense of humor where her choices of words "offends" people (see: most standup comedians). Yes, the concentration camp reference didn't offend because I didn't have a family member that went through that but I understand the point of the reference.

Could she have mentioned the slave fields of the pre-Civil War era instead as a "safer" reference since it happened further back in history or would have a less target audience to offend? Why take offense on words read on the internet when you can't even consider voice tone or body language like you could if the poster made the comment in person? Life is too short and this country is going down the PC toilet..but that is an opinion reserved for a different board and topic

I've lived here all my life and I don't think I have encountered anyone who thought "Yinzer" was an insult. In fact, a lot of people (read: natives) take pride in being a "yinzer" but I guess some posters here think its an insult and use it has a basis to attack a poster just telling the truth. Odd.

That being said, I am surrounded my pessimism from my parents and my wife's parents, both sets being natives. They hate the area and things that happen here that might be considered progress or moder. They are in their 50's and 60's so I suspect many others in the same age group feel the same way. Oh well.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,941,198 times
Pittsburgh will lose the Cup to San Jose. That's another reason for pessimism in Pittsburgh!

Old 05-27-2016, 05:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,320,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Pittsburgh will lose the Cup to San Jose. That's another reason for pessimism in Pittsburgh!
How much you wagering on that?

Old 05-27-2016, 05:54 PM

255 posts, read 285,833 times
I don't like sports. Guess I'm in the wrong town.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:01 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,952,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCom View Post
I don't like sports. Guess I'm in the wrong town.
Not really. It seems like the further away a Pittsburgh-sports-fan actually lives from the city.... the more obsessive the fan.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,320,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Not really. It seems like the further away a Pittsburgh-sports-fan actually lives from the city.... the more obsessive the fan.
Now that's funny. Great to see 'burgh team apparel everywhere dahntahn...especially on gamedays. City of Champions and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh