Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:14 AM

969 posts, read 772,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoise View Post
If you actually read what I wrote, you would have seen that I believe it's a personal issue and not one anyone has any business dictating for another person. I would tolerate someone being pro-life. I won't tolerate someone insisting their personal choice in the matter should be everyone's choice.

It is completely false that is legal to abort a fetus at 9 months.
The conservatives on here who are obviously not listening to a word you write are by-and-large from the suburbs. This should give you a lot of advice.

I echo RogersParkTransplant: Check out the North Side if you can't find anything on the East End.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 11:18 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
The conservatives on here who are obviously not listening to a word you write are by-and-large from the suburbs. This should give you a lot of advice.

I echo RogersParkTransplant: Check out the North Side if you can't find anything on the East End.
We're listening. We're just not so biased to only want to live amongst those who mostly think the same as we do and only live amongst those that do.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:20 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post

Yeah, I'm sorry people are coming out of the woodwork to make just the kinds of posts that they were instructed by the mods not to make.

Has anyone suggested West View? I have limited experience with actually living there, but I know the housing stock is decent, the school district is good, it has it's own walkable business district, but is also close to the McKnight road shopping area, and it's easy to get to 79 from there.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:23 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry people are coming out of the woodwork to make just the kinds of posts that they were instructed by the mods not to make.

Has anyone suggested West View? I have limited experience there, but I know the housing stock is decent, the school district is good, and it's easy to get to 79 from there.
Not yet but Westview was mentioned in a different thread and could certainly be a good fit.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:24 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,983 times
Quote:

Has anyone suggested West View? I have limited experience there, but I know the housing stock is decent, the school district is good, and it's easy to get to 79 from there.
West View would be a great compromise; it's a suburb but it's close to the city and it has a better school district. It has a small business district with a good amount of amenities, and it's walkable.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:26 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,209 times
Quote:

That's it -- when I was posting about Ross and the "areas south of Wexford" up above, West View was part of the area I was thinking about -- I just always forget the name, even though it's so close to us.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:34 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,283,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
That's it -- when I was posting about Ross and the "areas south of Wexford" up above, West View was part of the area I was thinking about -- I just always forget the name, even though it's so close to us.
wellington heights which i mentioned earlier is in west view. highland is a stones throw from west view as well.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:37 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,573 times
Quote:

Has anyone suggested West View? I have limited experience with actually living there, but I know the housing stock is decent, the school district is good, it has it's own walkable business district, but is also close to the McKnight road shopping area, and it's easy to get to 79 from there.
I thought about mentioning West View too. I don't know the OP's price range. The Wellington Heights part is particularly nice and you can get a good home for $200 to $400K there.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:22 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Dormont or Bellevue would be the best fits in my opinion.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:37 PM

61 posts, read 71,028 times
Thanks, everyone. This is really helpful. It'll ultimately boil down to what's available when I visit, but it sounds like some good potential choices would be:

North side (Mexican War Streets/Central North Side/Manchester)
Dormont
Mt Lebanon
Westview
Bellevue
Possibly Aspinwall/nearby areas

Crafton and Ingram have also been mentioned. I have 3 days to try to cover everywhere- both to look at houses and spend some time hanging out in coffee shops and walking around (if possible). I've already explored the East End pretty extensively during past visits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh