Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 01:55 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,142,497 times

Advertisements

Please don't go there regarding other cities (in this case a state). We had to deal with trolls for a few weeks. Please don't open that door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 01:59 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
This is fantastic! Now I can fly direct to Seattle in Summer 2019, rent a car, and drive down the Pacific Coast Highway! I’ll start saving my vacation time.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:48 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,157,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
This is fantastic! Now I can fly direct to Seattle in Summer 2019, rent a car, and drive down the Pacific Coast Highway! I’ll start saving my vacation time.
I just went to Seattle and Vancouver for the first time 2 weeks ago and both cities are well worth the visit. The scenery in the part of the continent is some of the best around! So glad we are finally getting a nonstop to Seattle which I will certainly use when I go there again someday. Unlike some of the nonstops from PIT I've seen announced too, the times for the flights are very reasonable.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:55 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Didn't realize the airport was back up to that many nonstop destinations now - 68. Pittsburgh is I think blowing away the Ohio cities airports, in terms of destinations.
We are. Christina has done an incredible job since taking over. Excited to see where things go from here.

I'm really glad Alaska beat Spirit to the incentives. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the long lead time announcement. Tech companies wouldn't be flying their employees on Spirit, so it was imperative that whatever flight appeared would have been either Delta or Alaska. Both have hubs there. Spirit also wouldn't have offered any onward connections to the Pacific NW or California from Seattle. This flight should be a slam dunk.

Hopefully we'll see SAN, LAX, and SFO from Alaska as well. There is a case to be made for them to build an eastern focus city at some point, and PIT could be the right spot if they are well received here.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:48 PM

4,213 posts, read 3,300,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Didn't realize the airport was back up to that many nonstop destinations now - 68. Pittsburgh is I think blowing away the Ohio cities airports, in terms of destinations.
As it should, the most natural hub location between the population centers of the Great Lakes and northeast seaboard. If CLE and BOS can have direct service to all the big west coast cities, then Pittsburgh should definitely have it as well. I've taken way too many cross country flights where I had to fly first to Philadelphia in order to land in Pittsburgh.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:12 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,389,886 times
Apparently, UW and CMU are both very pleased with the Air Alaska non-stop flight.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/alaska...ews-uw-amazon/

Old 11-17-2017, 09:38 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,690 times
GeekWire has really been riding the Pittsburgh train hard when it comes to the HQ2 stuff.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:04 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,160,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
Hopefully we'll see SAN, LAX, and SFO from Alaska as well. There is a case to be made for them to build an eastern focus city at some point, and PIT could be the right spot if they are well received here.
I really hope this happens. It would be a game changer for my career. I just landed in O’Hare on the way back from my 7th west coast trip this year. None more than 2 nights.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,389,886 times
Whoa! The only thing lacking was a band and cheerleaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvudj7IuwBA

They really appear prepared.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:36 PM

377 posts, read 667,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
Whoa! The only thing lacking was a band and cheerleaders.

[xyoutube]zvudj7IuwBA[/youtube]
xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvudj7IuwBA

They really appear prepared.
Rich Fitgerald seems to say (in the video), that the State was involved in their proposal. If that's accurate, does that imply that PA is supporting Pittsburgh as it's choice, rather than any other PA city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh