Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:38 PM

24 posts, read 100,719 times

Advertisements

I miss this forum and have a question about a place I'm moving to. The actual area I'll live I'm not concerned with safety, but I'll have to take the bus to work and the stop is on 8th ave by the bridge and walgreens, and I'll be walking along 8th ave west of there. Is this an area where safety is a concern?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 07:36 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Safe. Go to many shows in Homestead Carnegie often at all hours of the night and day. All Pittsburgh is safe. What's up with all these safety questions lately?

Old 06-06-2018, 07:43 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
What's up with all these safety questions lately?
Many topics involve fear. Fear of swimming in a river. Fear of areas. Fear of a host of things. A stark contrast to the '80s and earlier. Geez. To the OP, I feel safe over there, but be careful of the police as they will pull you over in your car for small things.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Safe. Go to many shows in Homestead Carnegie often at all hours of the night and day. All Pittsburgh is safe. What's up with all these safety questions lately?
Would you consider Homewood safe?

Old 06-06-2018, 08:33 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celgos View Post
Most people would tell you not to live in Homewood. However, if you work a regular job, young and single, don't buy and sell drugs, and keep your things locked up you'll be fine.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Tell that to the victims or loved ones of victims who have experienced violent crime even downtown. There are places in this area most people would not call "safe".

Old 06-06-2018, 09:01 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celgos View Post
Of the many times I have been in Homewood, yes I felt safe. Granted this was during daylight hours. No place int he world is 100% safe.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Most people would tell you not to live in Homewood. However, if you work a regular job, young and single, don't buy and sell drugs, and keep your things locked up you'll be fine.
Quote:
Of the many times I have been in Homewood, yes I felt safe. Granted this was during daylight hours. No place int he world is 100% safe.
Congratulations you're clinically insane. Seek help before you become a victim.

Is there anyone sane that can answer my OP?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
I am sorry, but this is not true. Really, I know two delivery drivers that have been victims there. I also know a certain company that is now not delivering there during daylight hours due to issues. I know people want to think Homewood is fine, but it has quite a bit of crime.

I would say Homewood and Northview Heights are pretty rough and I wouldn't deal with them as a white man. I know that isn't popular, but I have to be honest. Been to both before and not interested in returning. I think Homewood is on the rise however and I feel it is going to be nice within 10 years.

Sorry for honesty here, but I just know too much about what has gone on there within the past couple of years to know that some areas of Pittsburgh aren't safe. If you live there and know people etc., it might be much safer than an outsider rolling through there.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I am sorry, but this is not true. Really, I know two delivery drivers that have been victims there. I also know a certain company that is now not delivering there during daylight hours due to issues. I know people want to think Homewood is fine, but it has quite a bit of crime.

I would say Homewood and Northview Heights are pretty rough and I wouldn't deal with them as a white man. I know that isn't popular, but I have to be honest. Been to both before and not interested in returning. I think Homewood is on the rise however and I feel it is going to be nice within 10 years.

Sorry for honesty here, but I just know too much about what has gone on there within the past couple of years to know that some areas of Pittsburgh aren't safe. If you live there and know people etc., it might be much safer than an outsider rolling through there.
Honesty is appreciated here since these people living in either a fantasy world (schizo?) or just trolling hard, get people in dangerous situations with their advice. What is your opinion on how it compares to homestead, particularly that 8th ave?
I see you mentioned it early, would you say police are a bigger problem than crime there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh